“Great Holiday” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 8 Speciality Lodging in Ayr
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Great Holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Was at Craig Tara on the 7th - 14th of July! Great holiday! Been going to Craig Tara for years! Entertainment was amazing! Loved all there shows! All the Funstars this year where amazing best ones yet! My favourite Funstar was Holly by far! She's an amazing singer!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Craig T, Manager at Craig Tara Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Hi,

It is wonderful to hear you had a great time at our park. We are very proud of the entertainment and facilities we have and I shall pass your comments about the funstars on to them - especially Joe and Rory!

Hope to see you at our park in the future!

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Stirling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We are just back from yet another great holiday in Craig Tara,the caravan a prestige was unfaulted we were located in the golfing village ( carnoustie close) this was a very quiet area,the over all entertainment was great.
The only fault we found was lack of security after 6pm outside the complex area, we witnessed drunken teenagers and bullying. A look at the security wouldnt go a miss

1 Thank Walter B
Hi,

Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that you had a great time at our park. The Golf Village is a lovely area of our park and I agree that the entertainment is fantastic.

I shall pass your notes about security on to the security manager to see if we need to consider adding to our security team.

Hope you'll visit again!

Scotland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We arrived at reception area and it was busy the decor looked tired but the women that helped us was very helpful, before going we were told our passes would be around £25.00 but after been giving this sheet that is dated 2013 our passes were £30.50 x 4 = £122 we were lucky as all children were under 3 or it would have cost us £15.75 x 3 = £47.50 before going to our caravan we were told we needed these passes to get access to the club etc. The caravan we had was booked privately and what a lovley caravan it was.

I was expecting to be asked for passes to gain access to the building but there was no security to be seen, the only time they asked was to get into the bonga wanga room or live lounge thats all, I attended the kids club and it was not that good, our kids were between 2 and 3 and it felt like it was for the older kids. The only 2 shows we saw were circuits and the end of andy moss.

Bonga wonga
when we arrived mostly all tables were full n many untidy no one clears them or wipes them down, i had to do this myself i went to the bar and asked for cleaning cloth and was giving blue roll, the staff in bonga wonga behind the bar were very friendly but the drinks were expensive but don't get why as if there charging that type of price for passes you would expect a fair price on drink.

Live lounge
We went here the 70s show was very bad. The men were playing too loud n could hardly here them sing. Women was very loud and kept singing over the men Went to bar n was served by rude member of staff his body language was saying something else. Talks to quite. He served our drinks then I asked for wine. His face said it all, i know that bars can get busy but staff should be least friendly.The only thing I liked was mashed up it was funny to watch. Would be a good work out and its good to see the go live staff enjoying them-self with the public.@ midnight the staff ask for all children under 18 to leave but by 20 past 12 children are still in hall.

Food restaurant expensive wetherspoons Has been renovated looks good and has some entertainment during the late afternoon/night Free WiFi but would not work during our visit

Spar onsite is a rip off never seen so much stuff expensive, found a packet of lemon muffins on the shelf they were moldy and the date on them was the following week when we went to counter the staff member laughed and said its the bakers problem all we do is remove and they deal with it.( some advice if going stop off at morrisons in ayr before going to caravan as you will get a good price as you will be shocked at the prices litre of sprite was £2.49

We went to the swimming baths this yesterday morning with the kids, it was very busy but all the staff were at the pool sides never seen so many staff members, really should be someone at the changing side as many of the cublics were dirty flooring, the 2 main shoots were shut off,

We have been to craig tara in 2012 and couple of times before this and never seen it so bad or that expensive, if the entertainment was better and kids club for all ages then the passes would be worth the price, i just felt that the prices for things were a bit high and never seen it this bad before

For any info please contact me,.

Room Tip: always use tripadviser before booking
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank G_Inspector
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review our park. I'm sorry to hear that you had some issues while you were here. The pass prices are set by our head office but these are continuously reviewed and all feedback is taken into consideration for this. The prices have not changed from last year, which is why you probably filled out a form dated 2013.

The passes are mainly used for entrance into the venue bars, as this is where all the entertainment takes place and it is the entertainment that you're really paying for with the passes (along with entrance to the pool, the kids club and the soft play in the airspace). We do have a kids club called Little Cubs which is more suited to very young children, for example we have a Sensory Morning where the funstars teach young children about their senses.

I am sorry to hear that you were a little disappointed with the staff members and prices in the bars. Again, bar prices are set by our head office and so we wouldn't have any control over this, I'm afraid, so I can only apologise.

If you were to book your holiday through Haven the pass prices are included in the cost of your accommodation and this is perhaps why you noticed the expense more so than on other occasions.

If you wish to discuss any of your issues further, please do not hesitate to contact me on our park number 01292 265141.

Guest Relations

Travellers are raving about these Ayr hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

7th July - 14the July. Great fun for kids and family alike so much to do. Regular bus service to Ayr. Very friendly staff. Spent a small fortune but so worth it. Entertainment in 2 venues. Great entertainment for young and old. Our caravan wasn't spotless but we were only in it to sleep. Will see you all next year Joe, Rory the tiger etc. Highly recommend especially with young kids.

Hi,

Thanks for your fantastic review of our park. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful time at our park! I shall pass you comments about the entertainment onto our lovely funstars.

Hope to see you again!

Sara Court,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Went for a long weekend with a friend my 2 yr old daughter and my friends 15 yr old. My daughter was to small for all the shows and all she could get on in the amusements were £1 for 20 seconds. The 15 yr old was to big for all the shows and not interested in any the amusements. I also found a bag and purse and there was no where to hand it in, had just to leave it at nearest shop. The toilets in amusements were flooded. Were next to the caravan from hell. The young ones who partied none stop for 3 days. My daughter was woken up several times and we all ended up sleeping in the living area for the entire time.

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review our park. I am sorry to hear that you felt the entertainment wasn't suited to young children. We do have a kids club called Little Cubs which is particularly suited for much younger children, and many children also enjoy the early character shows in the bonga wonga such as Story Time. I shall pass your feedback on to our entertainment manager for his consideration.

I am also disheartened to hear that the caravan next to you was too noisy; I can only apologise that our park patrols missed this.

If you have any issues or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me on our park number 01292 265141.

East Ayrshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Me, my hubby and son back from a 4 night stay in a prestige caravan. We were upgraded to this caravan because the one we booked was cancelled..I was impressed with the cleanliness of the van. We had great weather and my son had a brilliant time. I do think that the entertainment passes could be a little cheaper though. All in all, we had a great time and we will be back to craig tara...Thankyou everyone involved

Sleep Quality
1 Thank pauline c
Hi,

Glad to hear you had a good time at our park! I'm glad to hear that your pleased with the cleanliness standards of the van.

The prices of our entertainment passes are set by our head office but these are continously reviewed and all feedback is taken into consideration about this.

I hope that we can welcome you to our park again!

Ballymena, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

the apartments were hard to find- not well sign posted. glass outside on the grass! the outside door had a hole in it and the inside doors were not much better although they were patched up with plywood. the windows were rotten with dirt and would not close properly. the furniture were also dirty and uncomfortable and using cheap fold down beds to sleep on (I ended up getting a bad back from it!!) reception didn't seem to care when I checked out

Room Tip: do not stay in the apartments!!!!
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank shazzaw2808
Craig T, Manager at Craig Tara Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Hi,

I am sorry to hear that your experience at Craig Tara was not what it should have been. Our accommodation is cleaned and checked for maintenance issues and these should certainly have been rectified before you checked in. Certainly if team had been notified we would have rectified these issues as soon as possible. Please accept my sincere apologies and my assurances that this is not the usual experience at our park.

I am sorry to hear you wouldn't want to return to our site - if you wish to reconsider please do not hesitate to contact me on our park number 01292 265141.

Kind regards,