“AYR 123 caravans!”

Ranked #2 of 7 Speciality Lodging in Ayr
Edinburgh
“AYR 123 caravans!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

totally unprofessional company to rent off. No receipts of money paid, unsure how much we had paid. Couldn't get a hold of the owner when we arrived. On the last day we were getting texts at 2am then 5am on leaving the caravan. Caravan was properly a beautiful caravan in 1990 but it was very grubby., rust peeling of radiators, holes in doors, dirt all over shower doors, drainage appalling in caravan, wallpaper peeling of walls. Carpet filthy. Only positive thing was the location overlooking the sea. Would never hire from this company again!!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Fiona1972ddd
Craig T, Manager at Craig Tara Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
On behalf of AYR 123 thank you for your feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
Bo'ness
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed for 4 nights in the week of Easter this year, after a few teething problems regarding our booking they were ironed out with the manager at reception resulting in us getting into our Prestige Caravan and hour earlier than planned.
Caravan - Prestige 2 bedroom
Good size large sitting area with decent size bedrooms, clean through to a good standard. We were in Alloway village which was requested at the time of booking and the request was met.
We went Swimming most days and it was good to see that the Changing rooms had been upgrade but the aircon needs to be turned either off or up a bit warmer as it felt like you were walking through the freezer department in a local supermarket!! the only gripe that I had was that certain areas of the swimming pool could be doing with either a good clean or replacing, yes the pools are great but like a say that are now starting to show areas that need to be upgraded. The other family that we were with only went once to the pool due to this!
Lovely supermarket with the coffee shop attached and then onto the sports hall with the free soft play. Now onto the soft play, I know that this is free which is great but twice I put my 7 and 2 year old into to play and twice I had to take them out as the younger one was getting pushed about by older children running a mock in the place with no sign of their parents!
Brigs of Ayr fantastic, lovely bar and restaurant for meals and drinks with a pleasant seated area outside for sitting.
We spend most of our evening in the Bonga Wonga bar where the kids enjoyed all the activities that were put on and we enjoyed the evening entertainment.
Overall we had another great holiday at Craig Tara.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. As your title suggests, it sounds like you had a great family holiday. I am delighted to hear your feedback on our facilities and our accommodation. We have a wide range of facilities on park and attractions, which I am sure your family took advantage of.

With regards to your comments on the swimming pool, I have spoken with the Sports and Leisure manager, who has asked me to forward on his apologies and to advise that we have taken heed of all your of your comments, which although critical are constructive and afford us the opportunity to improve our in-house facilities and thereby offer all our guests improved services.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Barnstaple, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Just finished 6 nights with our touring caravan. Generally well kept and tidy park that's massive! All staff friendly. Negatives are cleanliness of toilets - sometimes not good, and not so good female singer. Terrible job getting tumble dryer tokens. In fact there would appear to be more giant panda's in existence than these. We wasted a good three parts of a day just trying to get hold of one. Believe me they are very rare! It might sound quite daft but it really gets you down when you have paid £300 and travelled all the way up from North Devon for 6 nights with your own caravan to have to waste your holiday time on such a silly thing! Staff work hard as normal with these kind of parks, and for August there was surprisingly no signs of chaos! Friends stayed two nights in a caravan in Turnbury Drive and that was immaculate. The park rolls down to the sea, looking out towards Arran, and on a sunny day it's fabulous. Has a good little funfair down there and decent go karting track. Pretty amazing swimming pool and flumes. Apart from the time wasting, I cant say I ever had that feeling of being robbed? if you know what i mean! So summing up, would definitely go again but please please sort out toilet cleanliness and dryer tokens!

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Matthew W
Craig T, Manager at Craig Tara Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am happy to hear all your positive comments regarding the facilities and attraction here on site. It is lovely to hear that you felt that the staff members were all friendly and I will pass this feedback on.
In regards to the touring toilets I have passed your comments to our accommodation manager, who has asked me to send his apologises, he has a team of cleaners who regularly clean the toilets, so he is saddened to hear that the cleanliness was not up to standard, and will take your feedback on board to improve the services we provide up in our touring facilities.
I have also ensured that your comments regarding the tokens have been passed through to our shop manager to ensure he looks into providing more token and making them a lot easier to obtain.
In closing I would to thank you again for your lovely feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dumbarton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

If I could give a place 0 stars then this would be it. The entire park is based around overpriced fast food and an arcade. The "beach" (lol) is filthy, littered with used condoms and empty alcohol bottles. The entertainment is awful or maybe it seemed worse than it actually was because the entire club was littered with drunk adults and kids running riot. The apartments weren't too bad, the stairs where however rusty and slippy and very dangerous. The choices for food are absolutely awful, You have a burger king, which was as expected, a noodle bar which the food in it seemed to be lying out all night, the chippy we didnt try as we went to give it a go but found milk, food and curry sauce all over the floor, bins overflowing so we just left, there was also a restaurant which was nice, the 2 negatives though are it is abit pricey and the staff seemed like the couldn't be bothered with you and just wanted to rush you out the door. We also took the kids swimming and found a dirty nappy on the floor of the changing rooms, urine on another floor and kids dirty pants on another. Was awful. On the last day we went to the gift store. Gave the worked money and she short changed us, Were told we would hear back within a few days. 2 weeks later nothing, terrible customer service again. If you plan on going here, DONT. Unless you like drunk adults, out of control kids, fast food and a rubbish arcade

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank DB1590
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay.

Our aim is to provide services and products, which enable the maximum number of holidaymakers to enjoy a family holiday in a secure, and appealing environment and I very much regret that your expectations were not fulfilled on this occasion. Let me assure you we do take all feedback very seriously and we have taken on board all of your comments as they are an invaluable aid in our development and improvement plans.

If you wish to discuss this any further Scott Walmsley the Holiday Experience Manager would be more than happy to talk to your regarding your recent stay.

Guest Relations

Travellers are raving about these Ayr hotels

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Great site entertainment excellent for kids.but they need to get rid of the holiday houses that look like army barracks just keep it a static caravan site. Surrounding coast line is very pituresk some fantastic eating pubs are very close.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am delighted to hear your comments regarding the entertainment that was provided; I will ensure your feedback is passed to our entertainment manager and his team, as they work very hard in providing excellent entertainment each night.

We are lucky enough to be based on such a beautiful coastal area, and the views can just be breathtaking.

I will certainly take your comments on board regarding the apartments, and pass this feedback onto our management team.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Been coming here for 3yrs running now as my kids enjoyed it so I thought I would surprise them with a weekend away for my daughters birthday. Chalet was ok was clean enough and there's plenty for the kids to do. Went into the pool on the sunday and as we were getting changed I noticed urine on the floor, not good! Noise at night is awful also but the main reason im doing this review is to do with the gift shop treasures. The day we left I wanted to treat the kids to a toy for the journey home. I counted my money before I left and had 80pound all in 20's. Bought a few items came to 24pound. I had one 20 in my hand and dug around my bag looking for change so had to pull out another 20 and told the girl 'sorry I can only give to two 20s' her reply was thats ok. Walk away and realise straight away I was giving change of 30 so I tell her again that I told her it was two twentys and I had no ten pounds and she starts shouting that I was wrong! I was 100% not wrong. So they called security and a manager and I demand to watch the cctv so which they reply that it doesn't work. Very convient! So I left a tenner short. Very angry and disappointed by the way I was treated when I was in the right. So please watch out for the ginger girl with glasses in treasures as she probably does this regularly! Will never be back. Such a shame as my kids had a great time but the staff know none customer service!

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank lauramummy
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding your visit to our shop in the venue. I have passed your feedback to the manager to ensure this matter is looked into further, this is certainly not the service we provide throughout the park, and our team members are very helpful and friendly which can be seen throughout other reviews on this site. I certainly do apologise that you felt like you had been mistreated.
I certainly hope that you will come back to the park and allow us to restore your trust here at Craig Tara.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Good quality caravan, worth upgrading as the standard rentals didn't look that special. Good facilities on site. Worth a try. Not much to do locally outside the main site so wouldn't go any longer than 4/5 days.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephen C
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. As your title suggests, it sounds like you did have a great family holiday. I am delighted to hear your feedback regarding our facilities and accommodation. We have a wide range of facilities on park and attractions, which I am sure your family took full advantage of.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

Guest Relations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ayr
Horizon Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Irvine
Savoy Park Hotel
Savoy Park Hotel
#1 of 17 in Ayr

Been to Craig Tara Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!