“Will never give this woman trade again”

The Arrandale Hotel
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Ayr
Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights,there was 8 guys who were over for a weekend of golf,we told her we didn't want breakfast on the Sunday morning,she duly charged us for it saying we didn't tell her that,she charged my mates credit card for an extra room saying someone used another room,she is a blatant liar because the fire alarm went off on Sunday morning and she had to come round to our rooms to get us out,she also said someone of us set the alarm off by smoking in the room,now this is the best bit,non of us smoke,she also charges £3 for a tin of beer,if it was the last place in Ayr to get a room for the night I still wouldn't go.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Minto944
AyrLindaD, Owner at The Arrandale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Alarm bells rang with this group when I received a phone call with a tirade of abuse from the prospective "guest" because he'd made a mess of his booking made via a Booking company which naturally I couldn't amend. There followed possibly the worst weekend since buying the hotel 7 years ago, with total and drunken disregard for the property, other guests, my staff etc. We have full cctv and photographic evidence of their behaviour over that weekend. In short, if my business had to rely on guests like this to survive, I would gladly hang up my apron and retire. Luckily they are in a minority so I will concentrate on the nice guests, of which there are plenty.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

stayed 8thand 9th march we had booked to stay at seventeen eglinton terrace just up the road but to cut a long story short no one avrrived after three hour wait to let us in so arrandale hotel just up the road luckly had a empty room and they took us in nice hotel very homely host was a realy nicel and very helpful thanked her for saving our annivery weekend

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank keekeeowen
Reviewed 17 February 2013

After looking at reviews online for this hotel i was so looking forward to staying there,the host was lovely but the room i has was so dissapointing, to start with the kettle lead was too short to reach table so in order to boil kettle it had to be put on the floor, the pillows on the bed were disgraceful the bed had six pillows on it and all looked like the picture i have added because of this i could not get a good night sleep my neck was not supported at all one of the worst nights sleep ive ever had.
The shower was lovely and hot but it trickled water out there didnt seem to be any pressure.
The room did look nice but with the problem with the pillows and kettle would put me off staying again.
Every site i looked at for this hotel the pictures were decieving no picture of the room i stayed in.
There was a few other smaller niggles with the room but the main things i have mentioned above ..pillows kettle.
The room i stayed in was the small double.

Room Tip: Do a research on were you will be staying
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2013

I was trying to find accommodation for a large family occasion, and although in the end I did not book Arrandale , the owner Linda could not have been more helpful and the costings she quoted were very reasonable.....felt very bad letting her down, thank you Linda

Room Tip: I would imagine that you would be very well taken care of, Linda had a very helpful attitude
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Excellent location to beach any AYR, town centre. Free parking just outside hotel.
Staff very helpful and friendly. Bed in twin room we stayed for 1st night very uncomfortable with springs digging in my back, a bit shabby, but we moved into larger double room for rest of our stay ,with very comfortable bed. and nice furnishings. Ensuite small but more than adequate for our needs, lots of hot water for showering.
Bar did seem closed but all we had to do was ring bell and LInda would come and serve us, very large comfortable lounge to sit in the evening.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank frome
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Myself and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel last night 07/07/2012. We were originally booked into another local hotel which was closed on our arrival! Linda agreed with our booking agent that we could stay at her hotel and she would be reimbursed by our agent.

The hotel is situated close to the town and all amenities, also close to the shore all within walking distance.

On arrival we were greeted at the door by a very friendly lady, she was very attentive and informed us she had booked us into her last room. The hotel was lovely and the communal area was comfortable and stylish! There is a bar area where guests can purchase drinks (which we did later in the evening)

Our room was pleasant we noted that all soft furnishings were of good quality! Thick curtains at the window which kept the room warm and also blocked out all light for a very restful night’s sleep. The room was clean and they provided tea, coffee, (with clean unstained mugs) Shower gel and shampoo. The bathroom was clean and we were provided with lovely soft clean white towels.

We sat in the bar/ lounge area which provided very comfortable and relaxing surroundings and shared a bottle of red wine which we had purchased from the bar. Linda the proprietor of the hotel spent time chatting to us and was happy to answer all our questions. Very friendly lady.

Breakfast was between 8am and 9am where we were offered a good choice of cereals, juice and fruit, and also a cooked breakfast. Other staff members employed here were equally helpful and attentive.

Through work my boyfriend has lived out of a suitcase in hotels throughout the UK for a number of years. On some trips he has stayed in rooms that cost well into the £100's per night. On departure he told me that this is by far the most welcoming, friendly and comfortable hotel he has ever stayed in, and believe me he is a hard man to please!!!!! He is very critical of everywhere he stays and on this occasion the only downside was that we could not stay another night.

What I find most sad and quite irritating is that if I had read the reviews on here I would not have booked this hotel and that would have been our loss!! I honestly wish we had booked this hotel in the first instance! I think it speaks volumes that the hotel was busy and we were given the last room available. We will definitely return and next time it will be our first option for booking!

Thanks to Linda and her staff for a very warm welcome and positive experience.

Room Tip: Make this your first choice when visiting Ayr! If she is fully booked I wouldnt be surprised and you...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Debbie T
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We stayed here with my parents and our 17 yr. old son, so we rented 3 rooms. All were lovely, my parents room was downstairs (nice for them not to have to haul luggage upstairs), lovely room! Our room was upstairs and had a nice vanity, very comfortable twin beds, nice furnishings. Our son had his own room with a nice bathroom. Because they didn't have a family room available they didn't charge us for the room our son stayed in. That was unexpected and very much appreciated. The young woman who checked us in couldn't have been sweeter!! She was so helpful, kind and accomodating! We met the owner, Linda, the next morning and told her what a lovely stay we had and what a gem of an employee she had in the nice young woman who checked us in. They made us feel like family and we couldn't imagine a more pleasant stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family