“walkabout Ayr”

Walkabout Auld Ayr Town
Ranked #1 of 6 Tours in Ayr
More attraction details
Owner description: Would you not like to see where the 1st Scottish Parliement was held in 1315, where the last Witch in Ayr was burned , where the covenanters are burried, and where Tam o' Shanter & Soutter Johnnie used to meet after a long hard day at the market to celebrate their long friendship and the monies they had lost and made. in the world famous Tam o Shanter Inn.Donalds award winning tours , take you in the foot steps of Robert Burns , Se where he was born , where he farmed , ate drank slept , & socialised . Trace his footsteps with Donald dressed as the Bard himself , hear the tales listen to the poetry and see the beautiful countryside There is a lot more to Ayr than the Beach & Butlins
Reviewed 31 August 2009

We went on one of Donald's Tours around Ayr in July 2009 and we found this a wonderful experience as he so looks like Rabbie Burns. He as a great sense of humour tells some great tales about the bard and the history of Ayr. A good few hours of fun. from the Mackies of Berwick-upon-tweed

1  Thank HOLBURN

Reviewed 15 August 2009

Having lived in Ayr all my life I wanted to give my visiting friends a tour of my beautiful town.... I can't thank Donald enough for the fantastic day and the information of my birth town that I never knew.
Donald's enthusium for Ayrshire and everything Burns is infectious, we all had a most wonderful time.

Thank you Donald.

Kindest regards
Archie

Reviewed 13 August 2009

Not our usual Holiday type of entertainement but wow what have we been missing just the best way to spend a couple of hours great crack and banta never thought Ayr and Burns could be so interesting Mr Kay should be on TV spreading the word he could boost Scottish tourisim single handedly.

Reviewed 13 August 2009

Great day out and very informative, I almost thought I was with Robert Burns at one point, Donald's relaxed delivery had us eager to find out more about the "Ayrshire Bard"

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 August 2009

You'd think it was actually him - just like in the paintings, it's an uncanny resemblance as we listened to Donald throughout the tour. A bit more Grecian 2000 might do the trick though, Burns was only 37 when he died!

The tour was both informative and amusing - obviously a lot of research has gone into Donald's work - I'd no idea that Tam o'Shanter was Irish.

I'd recommend the tour to anyone with Scots blood in their veins, or anybody else for that matter!