“Would recommend!”
Review of The Fox & Willow

The Fox & Willow
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Ayr
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We went here as a family to celebrate a birthday and we weren't disappointed. The hotel offer "early bird" prices on their dinner menu between 5pm & 6.30pm and it's certainly good value. The menu has a wide variety and there is a separate vegetarian and gluten free menu available although you have to ask for this. The surroundings and decor were lovely and the staff very attentive. Great service. The food was lovely and I wouldn't hesitate to visit again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BagsRus22

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this Hotel for 9 nights while visiting with friends and attending a wedding. My room was lovely, spacious, extremely clean and tastefully decorated. I love the little Scottish touches of having a tea kettle and shortbread in the room each day. The en suite bathroom even had a towel warmer. All of the staff were so friendly and went out of their way to make us feel welcome every day. The food was absolutely delicious, and the dining rooms were constantly filled with people from the area. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone, and I can't wait until I can return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed overnight whilst working in Ayr for Carports Direct Ltd. Ireland.
We were able to park our jeep and trailer in their Carpark with no problem.
The Rooms were very large, clean and comfy.
Breakfast was lovely.
Would definitely recommend.
Thanks.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Attended friends celebration were greeted warmly taken to our private dining groom served nice cool drinks the table was set out just as you would want the wine was set out in coolers the food was lovely with size portion all in all a very nice experience have been here a good few times over the years and never disappoints

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Had a wonderful time here yesterday lunch time with the staff from our charity shop. Had a lovely private room - the table was set so nicely with fresh flowers and candles. Excellent attentive staff -very friendly and good humoured as we had a laugh regarding how many plates one of the lads could carry! All the plates were very well presented and looked lovely. The food was excellent-clean plates all round. Been here years ago but will be back as soon as I can to try something else. Thank you all.

Room Tip: Did not stay so ignore terrible sleep quality!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 1206irene
Reviewed 11 January 2014

For the third year in a row we had a family outing to this wonderful restaurant to celebrate the New Year. From the minute you arrive until you leave the staff are attentive (without being overbearing), extremely friendly, efficient and helpful.
The dining areas exude charm and warmth and the food is consistently first class.
If you want to experience a five star establishment without breaking the bank then I would have no hesitation commending The Carrick Lodge.
Roll on New Year 2015!!!

Room Tip: Didn't stay at the hotel, just had a meal
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I visited the Carrick Lodge restaurant on new years day for a meal as part of a group of 11 people. It was fabulous! My first visit was in September & it was so good we decided to book that same day for our new years day dinner!

As a crowd of 11 I can honestly say the staff were fabulous with us all, catering to our every need. The food was served timely, adequately priced for the standard of food & was all freshly cooked!

On both occasions visiting myself and the other members of my party were all more than satisfied with the food and service we received.

I would most definitely recommend this restaurant for a meal if visiting Ayr. It was great!!

Room Tip: The burgers are HUGE!! And the Caesar salad was to die for!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ayr
Savoy Park Hotel
Enterkine House Hotel
The Marine Hotel
The Marine Hotel
#5 of 6 in Troon

Been to The Fox & Willow? Share your experiences!