“Fan-dis-imo!”

Saffy's Cafe Bar & Brasserie
Ranked #9 of 201 Restaurants in Ayr
Price range: US$7 - US$35
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Great wee place to eat and drink at anytime of the day or night. Only concern was that the chit chat was on the loud side from the guests but, it won't stop me returning.

1  Thank Peter D

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

We dine at Saffys on a regular basis, always fantastic, highly recommended. Looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

I recently decided to dine at Saffys for a family meal after hearing fantastic reviews about it and it certainly lived up to my expectations and beyond. We were greeted quickly and welcomingly by staff and directed to a table up the back in it's very cosy and relaxed environment. To start, I stayed simple by having chicken tempura which easily surpassed the standards of any I've ever had before and my main of the Scottish fillet beef with haggis was simply to die for. My entire family enjoyed all their dishes which is an extreme rarity and the staff were consistently pleasant and attentive throughout the evening. Overall, it was fantastic food, great value for money and an all round enjoyable evening - can't wait to return!

1  Thank leighcath
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Been a few times to saffys due to recommendations of friends, lovely warm cosy atmosphere, good menu, too much to choose from if you ask me, would order everything if I could. The lasagne never fails to amaze me though, would highly recommend to anyone

1  Thank Ellioteaglesham
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Ate here last week and initial signs were good, Place busy during the week is always a good sign, or so I thought. We ordered two starters and two mains. Starters arrived promptly however both were very salty. I had prawns which you could have bounced off the floor as they had been over cooked.

Finished both starters and I ordered a large red wine. Main courses arrived however one was the wrong dish, I explained this to our waitress who apologised however left with the wrong dish and left my partners on the table. I had to get her attention to advise that my partner was not going to start eating her dish until mine arrived so asked her to take that dish back also.

The waitress arrived back with both dishes in a couple of minutes and to her credit apologised again. I had fillet steak which to be honest was also overcooked as I had asked for it medium rare. I decided not to complain and just eat it. I Waited and waited and waited for my wine however I had to remind the waitress that not only had I ordered it but also remind her what wine I had ordered.

It was clear that all waiting staff were very busy and inexperienced which is a shame as I have been to this restaurant before and enjoyed both the food and service.

If your looking for a nice meal with better food, service and value for money visit the Stage Door across the road.