“Lovely Hotel and Setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Parkstone

Parkstone
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Prestwick
Glasgow
“Lovely Hotel and Setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

A group of 5 couples had a very enjoyable stay at the Parkstone Hotel, Prestwick. All of the rooms were of a very high standard and the food and staff were excellent. Nothing was a bother to the staff and the setting of the hotel, looking to the sea, was just beautiful. The weather could have been better, but that's not the fault of the hotel, although the latter part of Saturday turned out lovely and was perfect for a stroll along the seafront. All in all a repeat visit could be on the cards.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank EricD3
Parkstone_Prestwick, Owner at Parkstone, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review - it is most appreciated.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Proprietor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Blantyre, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I, and four friends and wives, returned, earlier this afternoon, from a very enjoyable weekend at the Parkstone Hotel, Prestwick.

Everything about the hotel was excellent. The rooms were very clean, the dinners and breakfast were of a very high standard, especially the dinners. The only fault I can think of is that the kippers ordered by one of our friends for breakfast this morning were a bit over-cooked. A minor hickup to my previous statement.

The staff were very pleasant and attentive and were very approachable to all of our requests.

The only downer was the weather but that was not the fault of the hotel. However, after a somewhat wet Saturday morning and the first part of the afternoon, the weather improved to allow us to remove bunnets, hoods et al.

The people working in the shops and hostelries of the town, were very helpful and friendly.

All in all, I would certainly recommend the hotel and town for a visit.

Robert Cumberland
Blantyre

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review - it is most appreciated.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and ensure that the kippers are up to scratch.

Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Hotel was booked for us by my sister in law. We had a lovely 1st floor room with a sea view. Each and every member of staff we encountered in our week long stay was courteous and helpful. The only negative I can mention is wifi signal was poor but manageable on the first floor but apparently not available hotel wide. The walls also a bit thin could hear people snore from upstairs and a bit of noise of folks coming in and out. The hotel is beautiful and within walking distance to shops and restaurants. Golf course also very close. There was a nice continental breakfast option each morning as well as several cooked breakfast options. Additionally there is a lovely restaurant on property with a sea view. My husband & I enjoyed a 3 course dinner and watched the sun set on the last day of our holiday. Would most certainly stay again as well as recommend to family & friends.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review - it is most appreciated.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel and hope the snoring wasn't too disruptive. We are endeavouring to improve our wi-fi and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Billinge, Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Very nice hotel, we asked for a sea view and what a stunning view it was, staffs were very friendly, approachable and helpful; the duty manager even showed us to our room and took our case. The evening dinner was delicious, A choice of about 5 or 6 dishes per course, I am very particular about ordering salmon it has to be just cooked and mine was perfect, those with a sweet tooth will love the deserts. Breakfast was also perfectly cooked and is served to you, hot breakfast and also the buffet is very varied. “I will be back” as Arnold says.

Room Tip: Sea view recomended
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LairdandLady4
Thank you for taking the time to write a review - it is most appreciated. I apologise for the late response; the Hotel has been rather busy and I have fallen behind in replying to our clients.

Ridgeway, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Cozy and comfortable hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast and dinner were wonderful. reasonable prices. Met my husband here at the end of his week of golf with a group of gents from the States. Wish we could have stayed a day or two more.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Greater London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed at the Parkstone for one night as a night stop for a business trip; the hotel is well located right on the sea-front with excellent views. The hotel was very welcoming and everyone was quickly processed and taken to their rooms. The hotel were able to accommodate 20 of us for dinner on one long table and the quality of food was excellent and highly recommended. The only negatives were that my room was very cold when I arrived and I had to wait quite a while before it heated up once I had turned the radiator on. The TV in the room I was in (30) was very small and difficult to see from the bed. All in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel. I agree the TV in Rm 30 is rather small but if I remember correctly it had been taken from another room as the original had failed. I'll certainly place this on my "to do" list. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Go twice a year to this hotel and have never had any reason to complain The service is great and the staff are really friendly, and helpful food is excellent
You can travel by bus or train to Ayr Troon and Burns cottage Prestwick itself has some really good shops and plenty of places the hotel itself is next to the Raf club who also make you very welcome when no entertainment on in hotel

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sazz1

We are pleased you again enjoyed your stay at the Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Stewart Clarkson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestwick
Carlton Hotel Prestwick
Savoy Park Hotel
Savoy Park Hotel
#1 of 18 in Ayr
Piersland House Hotel

Been to Parkstone? Share your experiences!