“Excellent in all aspects!”

Carlton Hotel Prestwick
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Prestwick
durham
“Excellent in all aspects!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed here 1 night while on business. First impressions are of a very impressive new building, beautifully landscaped and very stylish and contemporary. Check in was swift and courteous. The spacious room was exceptionally good with all the necessary items at your disposal. Large comfortable bed, good size LCD TV and a very good bathroom. All looked brand new and everything spotlessly clean. I ventured down to the bar which again was very smart and well looked after by attentive barman. Nice sheltered area outside if prefer al fresco. The Logan's bistro style restaurant appeared very good value but opted for the main restaurant which offered 2 course carvery for about £10. Good choice. Thoroughly enjoyed. After a good sleep I enjoyed a perfect good cooked although there was a fantastic choice of Continental options available. I stay in different hotels 2 or 3 times per week and I have this hotel in my top choices now. Worth travelling the extra few miles if necessary. Great hotel, staff and food. Great value.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Had a lovely visit to this hotel. Reception staff particularly welcoming. Room was very well equipped and with 2 comfy seats a bonus for us as most hotels only provide one. Meal in Logan's restaurant was excellent, lots of choice and very reasonable prices. (Note to kitchen please take tops from strawberries! Difficult to eat when covered in cream!)

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I have been here twice in the last week. 1st time was for the 'movie night' which was thoroughly enjoyable. £27.50 for a 3 course meal and entertainment, which I would say was excellent value for money. The food was very nice and the function room was beautifully presented. The entertainment was also excellent and certainly had the crowd on their feet. Only negative I have here is that there was only 1 choice for each course. Thankfully I liked all 3 courses, however I do think people should have been given a choice of meal. Overall, 'movie night' was excellent! My fiancé and I then went for dinner a few days later, and I have to say our experience was superb! We were quickly sat at our table with drinks ordered promptly, even though we had not booked and they seemed very busy. The service was great and the food itself was outstanding! Meal portions were huge and I had the peppered chicken & beef in brandy sauce which I can honestly say is one of the tastiest meals I have ever had, delicious! Will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My wife and i visited this hotel on 27th June with our 8 month old old son. The menu, food and service were fine, nothing over the top, but perfectly acceptable

As our son is teething, we asked the waitress for a couple of grapes or melon so we could feed him . we also said we had no issue in paying for these items

We were told that we would need to pay for a full kids meal if we wished this to be served, not surprisingly, we refused and complained to the duty manager of this situation when leaving the restaurant,

The owner, then called me on the Sunday evening after i has posted a similar review on a local website sincerly apologising for the inconvenience during our visit to his restaurant

Good turn around i thought, and a professional response and was told i would receive a written apology, this was very encouraging from an owner who cares

Unfortunately, still awaiting this response ..............................

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Ayrshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We haven't been to this hotel since it was renovated, and remembered how good the carvery used to be, so we thought we would drop by and try it again. We had to wait to be seated , which wasn't really a problem as it wasn't too long a wait, unfortunately once we had chosen our starters , no one was around to serve. We eventually had to ask for our orders to be taken and I really enjoyed chicken tempura starter which didn't take long to be served. You are given a receipt to take up to the carvery and you can do this at your leisure, again there was no one to serve and carve the meat. We waited patiently in the hope that one of the waiters would see us and go into the kitchen and let them know customers where waiting, but in the end I had to approach a waiter and ask them to do so. If they are going to leave the carvery unattended then they should have a better system. Perhaps a bell to the kitchen? We got back to our table to find out drinks and cutlery had been removed , but the waiter quickly replaced them and apologised , I found this odd as there must know what tables are occupied. The meat was delicious and we enjoyed the food. The whole experience was marred by the service, but we for the price and quality of the meat we will go back , but next time we will be ready to wait a while.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BonniePurple
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Went here for afternoon tea with a voucher bought for Christmas. It was very good value for money - £14.95 for two people. You get 8 finger sandwiches (4 different flavours), 2 large warm scones with jam and cream and about 8 cakes (again, 4 different types) - strawberry tarts, millionaire shortbread etc and obviously a pot of tea/coffee. I felt the pot of tea wasn't very big for 2 but you can ask for a re-fill which is fine. We chose to sit outside as it was a nice day .. the service was a little bit slow so not sure if it was due to us sitting outside and also that there was a wedding going on. Overall I really enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it. I paid double this for afternoon tea at a well known place in Glasgow and it was nowhere near as nice as the Carlton!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Been here a few times for the carvery, decent prices & selections. recently refurbished with a large outdoor seating area where the staff will bring food to you.
The carvery is one of the best I've been to with a large selection of meats & vegetables. They also have a la carte to add to your choices.

Worth a visit.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestwick
Parkstone
#4 of 6 in Troon
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,021 reviews
Fairfield House Hotel
Premier Inn Ayr A77/Racecourse Hotel

Been to Carlton Hotel Prestwick? Share your experiences!