“Location, location, staff!!”
Review of Manor Park Hotel

Manor Park Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Prestwick
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Perfect location as the hotel is 5 minutes drive to and/or from Prestwick International Airport; and the staff, receptionists, cook, bar and breakfast staff were chatty and helpful.
It is a large concern, and part is a separate annexe, so attempt to get a room near reception.
A tad traditional, but quant, and old fashioned but...does have free Wi-Fi!! Nicely Scottish!! (See photos!). Best I suppose for a one night to/from airport stay but the food (see our Haggis, neaps and tatties - there on Burns' Night onto Australia Day, to Malaga) was excellent both traditional and modern fare, and the breakfast was vg indeed!
Bed and pillows a tad soft; could have done with shortbread/biscuits with the tea/coffee; warm enough; shower oldish but worked well; TVs (as ever) too small and no Sky Sports (though said had it on website - a renewal situation someone suggested). Staff lovely, especially Laura at the Bar (and serving and as receptionist! A multi-tasker...) and Alan the cook was v nice too!

Room Tip: As I said, upstairs from Reception keeps you front facing and near the restaurant, bar and breakfast...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
ManorParkHotel, Manager at Manor Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

hello and good evening and thank you for lovely review , we take every review on board and always strive to improve wherever possible

Reviewed 23 January 2014

My partner and I booked a room online at this hotel for 11-13 April, the money was taken off my card the next day, at any other hotels I have stayed at they take the money on departure. I called the hotel about this and they said it was a promotional price as Ayr Races was on that weekend, it did NOT say anywhere about it being a promotional rate or that it would be taken out before arrival, we left it at that and that was our room paid. They then took the money again 3 months later, I called and they said someone must've put my details through instead of another customer and it would be in my account the next day. It was not in my account. We then decided to cancel after all the hassle we'd had so after another call I had to then send an to email to cancel, I got an email back saying it would take 5-7 banking days for the money to be in my account. After 6 days I called again as the money wasn't in and was told they would transfer the money today as I wanted it straight away.......... eh yeah, been waiting nearly a week already!! After numerous phone calls asking my details the money is still not in my account 2 hours later!!!! I would avoid booking with this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Laura R

hello and good evening as you are aware you recieved your refund in full 2 days before this review was posted and as explained to you at the time this happened well within a responsible timeframe however we do again aplogise and looking forward to seeing you midsummer at the manorpark

Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights. I'll start with positives. Staff tremendous-could not do enough to assist us. Changed staff hours etc to fit in with us. Food was pretty good and plentiful. Akin to pub food rather than restaurant but good nonetheless.

In respect of the rooms we stayed in annex. The rooms are in need of an uplift. Wifi did not work. No hot water in room. Although sign stated wait for a few minutes for it to come good.

Think there is room for improvement but good staff.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
ManorParkHotel, General Manager at Manor Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

hello and thank you for taking the time to write your review , the manorpark is a lovely old romantic building and has undergone a massive improvements programme and we welcome you back next year for you to see for yourself the changes

Reviewed 29 December 2013

This is the third time we have stayed here. We love staying here the night before our flight. Again great stay comfortable room, free Wi-Fi in rooms. The best part is the restaurant we had dinner and it was delicious. This was the first time we had breakfast here again very good. Great choice of everything you could want. Had a great cooked breakfast only one gripe no beans!! We will definitely be back, great value as you can also park your car onsite free of charge for the duration of your holidays. Hopefully see you soon.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2013

where do i start,booked this hotel two months ago as i was flying out and returning from prestwick airport ,And with free car parking for 14 days I was off to a good start, staff were very helpful as we arrived just as the kitchen was closing,but chef Alan opened it back up and made us some meals,and believe me they were delicious, ( thank you Alan),room was spacious,warm and very clean could not fault them ,the full scottish breakfast in the morning was more than you could ask for with toast tea and coffee you just helped you're self .staff sorted taxi out for next day and my return flight,on my return late last night till my late checkout today, I can not fault this hotel and its staff,its not a new hotel but its warm and cosy and clean with friendly staff,I have already book this hotel again for when I go away in march.

Room Tip: rooms 2 and 3 were the rooms i that stayed in ,couldn't fault them
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank vinnymc145
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I dont know where to start with this disaster of a hotel.

When we arrived the receptionist really didn't seem to understand what was happening. As we were on a late flight I can't decide if she was just old and doddery, tired or drunk. We were then given our keys and told we were in the Annex. This meant a walk outside and around the building towards an out building. At 1am this was horrific - the car park is badly lit and not tarmac'd. How we managed to get across without breaking something I'll never know.

The room itself was ok, on the surface it looked nice although it was rather dusty. However, the bed was horrific. It was like sleeping on a bed of nails. The room was warmed with an electric heater meaning if it was on you were too hot, off and it was too cold. The noise from outside was terrible and the lights above the bed didn't work. The bathroom was again, ok, although it could do with seeing some bleach and a good clean. The water pressure was shocking. What was most disappointing with this room was it has the potential to be stunning with just a bit of TLC and tidying (e.g. the bit in-between the fuse switch and on/off switch for electric shower hasn't been painted - the plastic covers have just been shoved on.

I wish I could say that breakfast was the saving grace, however, it really wasn't. Again, it had the potential to be amazing, but just failed. Miserably. We were lead to two tables which had been pushed together as the restaurant was full but they were both different sizes so you couldn't sit properly and then left (read totally ignored) for over 30 minutes. It seems that there was only one waitress on for the whole restaurant so it was unorganised chaos. We asked a few times for tea/coffee/cups etc. as although a lot was self service there were none out. All in all it took over 90 mins to order and eat 3 breakfasts which although nice were nothing to write home about. I have to say though I did really feel for the waitress as she did totally try her best, she was just let down by poor management.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank markmc999
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We booked this after seeing it had 4.5 stars out of 5 but really can't understand why. When we checked in we were told we had been upgraded to an 'executive' room (in the main hotel). What we found was one of the most outdated, shabby and grubby rooms we'd ever stayed in. The bedroom and the bathroom clearly hadn't been redecorated since the 70s - torn carpet, ripped upholstery etc. The bedroom was like a sauna when we arrived but luckily (!) the bathroom had it's own air conditioning - a smashed window complete with hole! The reception was equally as ramshackle with tools and random rubbish lying around. Needless to say, we won't be back, even if it is cheap!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lorz79
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestwick
Carlton Hotel Prestwick
Premier Inn Ayr/Prestwick Airport Hotel
The Marine Hotel
The Marine Hotel
#5 of 6 in Troon

Been to Manor Park Hotel? Share your experiences!