“Don't stay here”
Review of Manor Park Hotel

Manor Park Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Prestwick
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We were booked into this hotel on 12th July, an over-night stay before heading off on our holidays from Prestwick Airport. However it was like faulty towers. we arrived to be told that there was no food available as they had closed the restraunt and the owner had seemingly left the country and hadn't renewed the drinks license. We tried to get our money back after seeing the room as none of the lights worked, the room smelt and felt damp. We were advised by the night porter that he didn't have any money to give us and it would be next week before a manager could see to this. We decided to stay as there was no alternative. Not the best start to our holidays. I felt sorry for the night-porter who was the fall guy for all the complaints and if it wasn't for him it could have been a lot worse. At no time where we ever contacted to advise us of this situation and since then I have never heard from the Owner/Manager despite requesting a call on my return. My advice would be not to stay here. Shame really as it seems to have been a good hotel in its day and now going to ruin.

4  Thank brenda a

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We booked two rooms at the hotel some months ago thru laterooms.com, the hotel photos and reviews looked acceptable at the time and we were a little concerned when we logged on a few days ago to find so many negative reviews, our plan was to arrive around 7pm and have a family meal and a few drinks before we retired for the evening in readiness for our flight from Prestwick this morning.

The feeling of dread started almost immediately on arrival at reception, the receptionist was an enthusiastic chap but the systems and problems with which he is dealing with are clearly overwhelming him, he first advised that "luckily" his booking system had just come back online and so he could offer us the best room he had! There were 4 of us and we eagerly advised that we had booked two rooms not 1, he checked his "system" again and whilst doing so advised the phones had been off for 4 days and they had only just got them back on!, We handed him our booking confirmation and he offered us two rooms adjoining in the annexe and advised further that room 26 was "his favourite room" on arrival at room 26 we had no idea why it would be anyone's "favourite roo" perhaps if someone has had the misfortune to be incarcerated in a prison cell or third world hostel for length of time then the description may have some validity but room 26 looks like the sort of room you would rent by the hour not the night, 3 different types of mirrors, 4 extent ion leads feeding various broken lamps etc and an odd coat hanger hood which is pitched at the perfect height to plane your scalp off!

But back to reception, once the rooms were organised and we were handed the keys we were about to ask about booking a table for dinner when we were advised that the hotel did not have a drinks license but there was an M&S up the road where we could buy alcohol and they would not object to us drinking it in the hotel!! It gets worse, I asked if we could pay for the rooms and was then advised the card machine wasn't working but we could pay cash or leave our card details with reception so they could charge the card at some point , needles to say we left to find a suitable restaurant and a cash machine to withdraw the cash for payment if the rooms and duly settled the bill on our return.

No wifi, bed uncomfortable, under flight path of aircraft.

All in all a bad experience which will never be repeated, avoid this hotel at all costs.

5  Thank AlanMasterton
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I booked a family room back in February for a family wedding. On the website the hotel looked beautiful, however, this most definitely was not the case!! Where do I start!!!!!
Firstly we was allocated to a different building up the road and not even attached to the
hotel. We was left to find the building and rooms ourselves. Where is the customer service?!

Upon finding our family room, we had 5 single beds, which wasn't an issue apart from one bed had what could only be described as blood on the bed! Disgusting!!

My daughter used the toilet on arrival and the chain was broken therefore we could not flush the toilet!! Again disgusting!

The shutters on the windows didn't close.

The window handle was broken therefore we couldn't lock the window or close it properly and it was raining!

When I tried to call reception the number wasn't working! So not only are we in a completely different building, we have no way of contacting reception. So I was left with no option but to put my children in the car and driver over due to it absolutely throwing it down!

Whilst trying to lock the door the lock was hanging off the outside of the door! Now I have the increased pressure of how can I stay there will my family and I be safe and will our belongings be safe whilst out!

I spoken to a man at reception who initially came across welcoming until I told him I wasn't happy and explained all of the above! Whilst doing so he interrupted at every point and denied all of this! He was very rude and arrogant and is was apparent he couldn't accept the criticism being given!

After a lot of waiting and 'I will have to text my manager' we eventually got a full refund and then move to somewhere secure and clean!

I would avoid this hotel at all costs! The man on the desk was far to preoccupied with telling people he had 7 athletes staying in the hotel. Good help the athletes that all I can say.

• Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank PWinston-Keating
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I will keep this very simple:
Pro's: Comfortable bed, hot water, tea making facilities.
Con's. Room was "work in progress" Not in a good way. Needed plaster on some of the walls, no telephone, no internet access, Window openers broke, Electric extension leads around the room, so trip hazards, clearly needed more sockets, tried to use Jacuzzi, but spat out dirty water when turned on, so became a mud bath. Booked 3 rooms in feb 2014, to have one of the rooms confiscated and my poor sister and her family made to stay in an army barracks, as hotel was either greedy because of the common wealth games or totally disorganised. There was no working contact number, when tried to phone hotel, number unobtainable.
Didn't try the food, as I just could not see that being any better!!!
Please camp, caravan or sleep on the beach, but don't stay at this hotel. Its worse that Faulty Towers.

Room Tip: Please don't stay here.... you will be sorry.
4  Thank janet m
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, terrible management the rooms were brimming with dirt, there was no door on the bathroom the walls were not painted, it was horrific You have better luxuries in a dustbin than this poor excuse of a hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Ashley M
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I booked two rooms at the Manor Park on May 9 for a stay on July 26 while attending a wedding nearby. Running late in the mid afternoon I tried to ring the hotel repeatedly but its number would not connect. Mid wedding, and worried about the lack of phone contact, I left to check in. I met Omar in reception who informed me that there were no rooms available and that I had been moved to a hotel In Ayr some 6 miles away. I was one of 20 couples in the same situation. Reception smelled so strongly of rancid chip fat that my clothes still smelled two hours later. Omar claimed to have tried to contact me but this was plainly a lie. I had my mobile on and no calls were missed or texts received. Omar and his two colleagues in reception were evasive and dishonest. I asked them to put me in touch with the hotel in Ayr which they were unable to do. ( I wondered how they had made the new booking). After repeating my request they finally found the number and I was able to confirm a room was available at Ayr. It was adequate at best. Reception at the new hotel said that groups of three people had been sent by the manor Park for two bedded rooms and that the situation was chaotic. The phones still didn't work. These people are a disgrace to hotel keeping. Stay well away.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lumscar
Reviewed 28 July 2014

the hotel is no clean the electrics are dangerous the beds are cheap and nasty . it has no drinks license They advertise as providing free transport to the airport and this is not true. i cannot for the life of me see why this passes health and safety laws.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 378unhappy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestwick
Carlton Hotel Prestwick
Premier Inn Ayr/Prestwick Airport Hotel
The Marine Hotel
The Marine Hotel
#5 of 6 in Troon

Been to Manor Park Hotel? Share your experiences!