“Avoid this Hotel at all costs !”
Review of Manor Park Hotel

Manor Park Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Prestwick
Reviewed 1 August 2014

On arriving at the Manor Park we were told that we would not be able to buy alcohol from the Bar as they did not have a licence. We were given the key to Room 7 Royal Troon. The room itself is very large but on close inspection everything was quite shabby. The main faults are as follows:

1) broken window in Bathroom, patched up with a ceramic tile glued over the hole
2) hole in the skirting board
3) 2 separate holes in the floor
4) hole in the ceiling
5) galvanised iron pipe running from floor to ceiling which is uncapped at the end
6) no Wi-Fi access during our 6 day stay
7) no Children's menu offered for Dinner
8) all meals were taken in the Conservatory, as no other Restaurant areas were available
9) no children's play area
10) no pool table
11) TV's left on in the Bar until 1am - noisy if you are in Room 7
12) Broken table leg held together by gaffer tape

In fact the actual Hotel bears little resemblance to that advertised on their website. We booked through Laterooms.com and despite the fact that I have sent them a Review as requested by them, they have not put it on to their website.

I would advise anyone to avoid booking this hotel if possible. There are plenty of nicer hotels in nearby Prestwick.

1  Thank Biddy626

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I booked 4 rooms in January through laterooms for a wedding in July and should not have had to pay for rooms until arrival but noticed on January's credit card bill that the hotel had already taken full payment, not once, but twice! With laterooms' support and several lengthy phone calls money was refunded and we were promised a room upgrade and a free bottle of wine for the hassle caused.
We arrived before 2pm ( the time rooms were supposed to be ready) on the day of the wedding and asked if it was possible to get into our rooms early but we were told that none of them were ready, but that they would allow us to change in two rooms and use the bathrooms as long as we did not disturb the beds. Very obliging we thought. How wrong could we be!
At 2pm we were told that the two rooms we had used to get changed in were 2 or our rooms - so why all the rubbish about none of the rooms being ready? - and a single guest was allocated a 3rd room - a double. I pointed out that a single room had been booked for this guest and was told I had not booked any single rooms until I showed the manager the confirmation email. We were told that our superior room was taking longer to clean as it had a Jacuzzi, so we left for the wedding at 2.30pm without having had access to our room.
On our return at about 1 am, the single guest's belongings had been removed from her room and she was told that she was now being given a room in an different hotel down the road! We too were given 'our' room key, but on entering the bedroom found that far from being a superior room with a Jacuzzi, it was a small room with 2 single beds and contained cases and belongings including chewed chewing gum on the dressing table, of 2 other guests. We returned to the reception to explain their mistake but the manager insisted this was 'our' room. He avoided answering any questions about the whereabouts of the superior room that he had claimed was still being cleaned at 2pm and said this was the only room available. He was aggressive, argumentative, disrespectful and in no way apologetic for the totally unprofessional management of the situation. He simply tried to brazen it out. He removed most of the other guests' belongings and with little other choice at that time of night, we stayed in the room, wondering what on earth would happen to the other guests when they returned to the hotel. We never found out.
The loo and shower were the smallest I have ever seen in a hotel and when I went to use the shower the following morning, I discovered opened shampoo and conditioner, which had presumably been used by the guests whose belongings had still been in the room. The shower temperature control did not work. Regardless of its setting the water went through a cycle of cold to exceedingly hot so I had to time my seconds spent under the water so as not to freeze or burn. The drain was blocked so once the shower tray filled with water, it did not escape so my husband went without a shower that morning.
At breakfast the manager made no reference to the shambles of the previous evening and acted as though everything was normal.
When my husband went to discuss the bill, the excuse given was that all their systems had failed; they had no internet, phone or fax and expected payment in cash! After some discussion the manager agreed not to charge for the single room.

4  Thank Cottins
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We were booked into this hotel on 12th July, an over-night stay before heading off on our holidays from Prestwick Airport. However it was like faulty towers. we arrived to be told that there was no food available as they had closed the restraunt and the owner had seemingly left the country and hadn't renewed the drinks license. We tried to get our money back after seeing the room as none of the lights worked, the room smelt and felt damp. We were advised by the night porter that he didn't have any money to give us and it would be next week before a manager could see to this. We decided to stay as there was no alternative. Not the best start to our holidays. I felt sorry for the night-porter who was the fall guy for all the complaints and if it wasn't for him it could have been a lot worse. At no time where we ever contacted to advise us of this situation and since then I have never heard from the Owner/Manager despite requesting a call on my return. My advice would be not to stay here. Shame really as it seems to have been a good hotel in its day and now going to ruin.

4  Thank brenda a
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We booked two rooms at the hotel some months ago thru laterooms.com, the hotel photos and reviews looked acceptable at the time and we were a little concerned when we logged on a few days ago to find so many negative reviews, our plan was to arrive around 7pm and have a family meal and a few drinks before we retired for the evening in readiness for our flight from Prestwick this morning.

The feeling of dread started almost immediately on arrival at reception, the receptionist was an enthusiastic chap but the systems and problems with which he is dealing with are clearly overwhelming him, he first advised that "luckily" his booking system had just come back online and so he could offer us the best room he had! There were 4 of us and we eagerly advised that we had booked two rooms not 1, he checked his "system" again and whilst doing so advised the phones had been off for 4 days and they had only just got them back on!, We handed him our booking confirmation and he offered us two rooms adjoining in the annexe and advised further that room 26 was "his favourite room" on arrival at room 26 we had no idea why it would be anyone's "favourite roo" perhaps if someone has had the misfortune to be incarcerated in a prison cell or third world hostel for length of time then the description may have some validity but room 26 looks like the sort of room you would rent by the hour not the night, 3 different types of mirrors, 4 extent ion leads feeding various broken lamps etc and an odd coat hanger hood which is pitched at the perfect height to plane your scalp off!

But back to reception, once the rooms were organised and we were handed the keys we were about to ask about booking a table for dinner when we were advised that the hotel did not have a drinks license but there was an M&S up the road where we could buy alcohol and they would not object to us drinking it in the hotel!! It gets worse, I asked if we could pay for the rooms and was then advised the card machine wasn't working but we could pay cash or leave our card details with reception so they could charge the card at some point , needles to say we left to find a suitable restaurant and a cash machine to withdraw the cash for payment if the rooms and duly settled the bill on our return.

No wifi, bed uncomfortable, under flight path of aircraft.

All in all a bad experience which will never be repeated, avoid this hotel at all costs.

5  Thank AlanMasterton
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I booked a family room back in February for a family wedding. On the website the hotel looked beautiful, however, this most definitely was not the case!! Where do I start!!!!!
Firstly we was allocated to a different building up the road and not even attached to the
hotel. We was left to find the building and rooms ourselves. Where is the customer service?!

Upon finding our family room, we had 5 single beds, which wasn't an issue apart from one bed had what could only be described as blood on the bed! Disgusting!!

My daughter used the toilet on arrival and the chain was broken therefore we could not flush the toilet!! Again disgusting!

The shutters on the windows didn't close.

The window handle was broken therefore we couldn't lock the window or close it properly and it was raining!

When I tried to call reception the number wasn't working! So not only are we in a completely different building, we have no way of contacting reception. So I was left with no option but to put my children in the car and driver over due to it absolutely throwing it down!

Whilst trying to lock the door the lock was hanging off the outside of the door! Now I have the increased pressure of how can I stay there will my family and I be safe and will our belongings be safe whilst out!

I spoken to a man at reception who initially came across welcoming until I told him I wasn't happy and explained all of the above! Whilst doing so he interrupted at every point and denied all of this! He was very rude and arrogant and is was apparent he couldn't accept the criticism being given!

After a lot of waiting and 'I will have to text my manager' we eventually got a full refund and then move to somewhere secure and clean!

I would avoid this hotel at all costs! The man on the desk was far to preoccupied with telling people he had 7 athletes staying in the hotel. Good help the athletes that all I can say.

• Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank PWinston-Keating
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I will keep this very simple:
Pro's: Comfortable bed, hot water, tea making facilities.
Con's. Room was "work in progress" Not in a good way. Needed plaster on some of the walls, no telephone, no internet access, Window openers broke, Electric extension leads around the room, so trip hazards, clearly needed more sockets, tried to use Jacuzzi, but spat out dirty water when turned on, so became a mud bath. Booked 3 rooms in feb 2014, to have one of the rooms confiscated and my poor sister and her family made to stay in an army barracks, as hotel was either greedy because of the common wealth games or totally disorganised. There was no working contact number, when tried to phone hotel, number unobtainable.
Didn't try the food, as I just could not see that being any better!!!
Please camp, caravan or sleep on the beach, but don't stay at this hotel. Its worse that Faulty Towers.

Room Tip: Please don't stay here.... you will be sorry.