Clydesdale Hotel
The Alona Hotel(Motherwell)
Great 4.5/5
The Bentley Hotel(Motherwell)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsstayed herebirthday partyfunction suiteno fusscooked breakfaststay there againbar areagreat little placechicken goujonsshower cubicleamazing nightmini bottlesowners and staffon arrivalfew drinksfeel very welcomestayed longer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I stayed here in march and on the back of the reviews i turned my back on the holiday inn and decided to give it a go, The place was getting a refurb which made the place stink of paint, the room was poor for the price, breakfast was ok, when i got there i learned that food wasnt served on a sunday which i found frustrating as the reason i booked was so i didnt have to go wondering out to find it ,I finally found a place to eat which was a good 20 minutes walk away!! i would have asked someone on the desk but i couldnt find anyone!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank pacoseed
Reviewed 17 January 2013

The Clydesdale Hotel is a very friendly, clean hotel. Although I have never stayed there, I have eaten in the restaurant many times. The food is marvellous. The portions are large and well presented. The restaurant has a great ambience. I would certainly recommend this hotel for meals outs, parties, meetings etc. The owners and staff are so pleasant and friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Very helpful and accommodating staff. Breakfast was good and the coffee was excellent. The cafe- bar area was very attractively presented. It was unfortunate, however, that there was no food available when I arrived at 9pm (since I had been travelling for six hours) but I expected that might be the case.
My single room was small but functional. However, the carpet had seen better days and the floor was very creaky and noisy. The bathroom was also on the small side, the sink in particular awkwardly positioned and short on space.
On the other hand, it was 2 minutes from both the train station and the council headquarters where I was attending a meeting, so it couldn't be handier. It served the purpose and I would certainly try the cafe-bar if I were in the area again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2012

On the positive side the staff were friendly and helpful, the full breakfast was fine. We were not impressed with our room which was rather small and somewhat tired and dusty. There was a smell emanating from the small en-suite bathroom which was not easily identified, maybe the floor polish, cleaning fluid or something to do with the plumbing? Not pleasant, especially overnight.

We weren't in the hotel for long enough bother to sort out problems, and we weren't actually sure who were the proprietors. There were one or two other small issues and we wouldn't stay there again

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2012 via mobile

Very nice people and quite good accomodation, room was a little small and only had a double bed and not queen or kingsize bed. Breakfast was quite good car parking was not great. It was a little bit confusing to get to, but we were from overseas and got a little bit lost

• Stayed: August 2012