“Perfect”

Days Inn Hamilton
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hamilton
“Perfect”
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

First to say thank you to Terry rosemary and Sharon for sorting our bookings and bending over backwards to make out stay perfect!
We are a kickboxing club that travel all over and have stayed in many hotels and I must say this has been the best value for money and with the most helpful staff
We had 29 in our party and they managed to book us all in and rooms all together which never happens so thanks for that as its much easier
Rooms were clean tidy and were very big fresh bedding and plenty of towels tea/coffee
Breakfast was lovely
And for what we paid we were spoilt
Easy to get to off motorway
Shop and cafe on site
Everything that u need
We would defo recommend here and we will be back and hopefully this can be our base in Scotland for future shows

• Stayed August 2013
Hamilton D, General Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback about your recent stay with us. All of the team endevour to give the best possible customer service for all of our guests. I am also glad that your team enjoyed the kick boxing tournament.
We hope that we see you and your team the next time your sport brings you to Scotland.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Booked into hotel , Days Inn, Hamilton, on Saturday night. Looks like an old Travelodge, bought years ago, and not a penny spent on it since. Tired carpeting, furniture, and a grotty bathroom, but i will say, the bed was comfortable. Had a connecting room, which meant you could hear everything from next room, and also a large gap under room door allowed all noise from the corridor into the room. Not the quietest of stays, was aware everything you said could be heard.
Front desk staff very nice and accommodating.

Room Tip: room away from motorway would be quieter, even numbered rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Hamilton hotels

Potters Bar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

We arrived shortly before midnight after a 6.5hr drive from Hertfordshire, as we were going to my girlfriend's dad's funeral the next day.
About 1am, the receptionist knocked on our door to say that my card had been declined, even though I had paid in full up front via hotels.com (and I showed her the proof of this and forwarded the confirmation emails that showed this), so I had to go to reception to try and sort it out. The computer showed the wrong details (some French guy) against my booking reference and the receptionist was unable to sort it out. Fortunately, her colleague Rosemary was much more helpful and friendly and when I spoke to her the following afternoon she was very understanding and said she would sort it out and not to worry.
The next problem, albeit a relatively minor one, was that there was only one set of towels (one bath and one hand) for a double room that we booked for two of us. The receptionist (the same one that knocked on the door at 1am) just blamed it on housekeeping for "not doing their job properly" but gave us a second set.
There was a stain on the bed sheet, which might have been blood. Again, minor, and I didn't complain about it, but still something that shouldn't be there.
When we came back to the room on the Saturday afternoon (after the room had been serviced) we had fresh sachets of coffee and so forth, but the coffee cups we had used had not been replaced nor even rinsed out!
The toilet needed quite a bit of cranking to get it to flush and on one occasion it actually flooded the floor of the bathroom and part of the carpet in the room, so we had to put our towels on the floor to mop it up and go and ask for more from reception. Also there was no toilet brush provided (fortunately we didn't need one, but I would normally expect there to be one).
Again, Rosemary was very helpful and I can't fault her, shame the rest of the stay wasn't up to the same standard.

• Stayed July 2013
Easington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Now, as you may see from my few, yet honest reviews, I'm not one to throw mercy upon people but I do give credit where credits due!

The days inn Hamilton is a prime example of this.

You get exactly what you pay for, that you cannot grume or argue with!

It's a nice little place, easy to get to (if you're coming from the south) and its a half decent location in relation to Glasgow!

The rooms themselves were clean, neat and tidy, it had its own kettle and coffees/teas etc which you can fill your boots with. It's own hair dryer and freebies TV etc.

The beds were crisp and clean, well made.

The location itself isn't too bad if you're driving around the are, however as we only went for the one night we, being me and the girlfriend, decided to taxi in.

The receptionist was more than helpful giving us hints and tips as to where to go into Glasgow and she even called the taxi for us!

It cost £17 in which is a fixed fee by a local taxi firm called wellman cars.

BE WARNED! (Not about the days inn so don't panic!)

If you're staying there for a gig at hampden park it will take you AT LEAST 3 HOURS to get a taxi back. Complete gridlock. We had the small mercy of warmish weather and a stroke of luck in a taxi as his care was a no show. My word of advice is to head into the city centre and go for a few beers once its over because there is sweet FA in hampden with the exception of merry Glasweigians!

To conclude: worth a stay if its only short.

Now don't get me wrong; it's no Hilton, but it is a good stay if you're stuck for a place to stay!

Thanks in advance!

Adam & Anne-Marie

• Stayed June 2013
Sydney
Reviewed 5 April 2013

PROS: Reception is extremely nice and helpful. Theres a big shopping centre 10 minutes walk away with everything you could possibly need. My room was large and you cant hear the highway. parking on site, free Wifi in the rooms, 12noon checkout. Cons: No soap/ shampoo in the bathroom, the sofa bed was badly stained with god-knows what, torn/ fraying etc, it looked like they got it off the side of the road on council clean up day. The room was a little dark, even with all lights turned on, and breakfast is extra - they charge 7.50 for a 10 pound food voucher at the Road Chef next door, however, if youre travelling alone, its cheaper without the voucher! ask reception for directions to the local resturants instead. Lastly, theres not much around, this is really just an overnight stop for a bed.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank lillycorleone
Hamilton D, Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you were not 100% happy with your stay.The team strive to exceed customer expecations, and we are aware that some of the rooms could do with refurbishment but the housekeepers work very hard to keep the rooms spotlessly clean. I do hope this will not deter you from staying again.
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I stayed here early January and enjoyed the stay. I had booked the room via the Roadchef website and got an excellent discount rate. The room was basic, however it was clean and tidy with all bedding and towels in good condition whilst there was very little noise from the motorway during the night. Discount vouchers are available from reception for use in the main building and the breakfast was not too bad. Overall it was a good stay and I would return.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris M
Hamilton D, Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We have lots of different discounts / promotions throughout the year, so keep checking our website when you want to stay , and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Somerset UK
Reviewed 3 February 2013

My friend and I shared a twin room which had exceptionally comfortable beds. The rooms were clean as was the en-suite. Reception staff very friendly and attentive. I am a great believer of you get what you pay for but this was a really surprisingly good experience.

Well done Days Inn

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Hamilton D, Manager at Days Inn Hamilton, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
We are so glad you have enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton
Holiday Inn Express Hamilton
Innkeepers Lodge Glasgow, Strathclyde Park
The Alona Hotel
The Alona Hotel
#5 of 9 in Motherwell

Been to Days Inn Hamilton? Share your experiences!