“Great last minute deal”

The Villa Hotel
The Villa Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hamilton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Booked this on Thursday last minute as I was heading to Hamilton races. Plenty of car parking spaces out the front, but this may change if the restaurant was busy. Door at reception was closed with a sign on it saying use the other door to the bar. The male staff member that greeted me was very friendly and helpful and ensured I had an iron for my room. He asked when I would like my breakfast the next morning. The room itself was quite small, but had everything I required and was clean and tidy. Bed was comfortable, there were adequate tea and coffee making facilities as well as a decent shower. In the morning when I arrived down for breakfast, there were two female staff members working and seemed to be a mother and daughter team. There was a choice of cereals, fruit and juices as well as a full cooked breakfast with toast. This was really nice and the service was great. Overall, I would have to recommend this little hotel and only £4 in a taxi to the races, can't complain, even if the taxi took half an hour!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Its been a good few years since last visited but was in tonight for dinner with my mum and kids. The food was great. The kids enjoyed their meals as did my mum. The curry was excellent although I was left wanting more. The waiters were extremely friendly , nothing was too much trouble for them and they were calling the kids by their first names. Lovely sitting in the conservatory on such a lovely day

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank macca0813
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Have visited a number of times over the past year or so for a small party, dinner and lunches I have never been disappointed with the food, it is very reasonably priced and excellent quality.

The staff are great, can't do enough for you yet not in your face. Just what you want for peaceful dining.

Drop in you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I have been going to the villa for 8 years now and have never had a bad meal in there. The curries are the best around and very hard to go by. But I ventured out my comfort zone and had a steak the last time I was there. It was cooked to perfection and tender. Absolutely delicious.

The service is always first class, very friendly and welcoming.

If you don't really like spicy food, there is plenty of choice of other styles of cuisine and it is very reasonably priced too.

Lovely atmosphere and the conservatory is nice on sunny days!

And for lazy days... They deliver too!!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 15 April 2014

three of us were doing the Lands End to John O'Groats (LEJOG) or End to End ride and The Villa is on the A724 in Hamilton right on the route.
we each had a single room with ensuite shower room. we arrived a bit later than we had planned because of awful weather. the staff were all friendly and welcoming. we had folding bikes (Bromptons) and took them to our own rooms. there is a secure shed for those big wheeled bikes that don't fold. after good hot showers we went down to the Villa's own bar and restaurant. Bellhaven brewery go a lager just for them called Stag and we had lager shandies to refresh ourselves while waiting for our evening meal. I had a really nice meal of Indian food, which they did very well, but the menu is large and has more traditional British / Scottish food too. one of the others had a steak pie, and the other had a pasta dish. Good food, not too expensive. they have a huge collection of whiskies - about 60! i tried Fettercairn, delicious, which i'd never come across and it is distilled by relatives of the Villa's barman! We all slept well - and the radiator in my room dried my wet cycling kit too. Breakfast was huge - we had juice, porridge and a cooked breakfast and toast and jam, with strong coffee or tea - we could have had cereals too. all in all - very recommended!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Ate here last week for a young relatives birthday. From the minute we were seated, the staff couldn't do enough for us. Although we weren't an overly large party, there were a few younger children in the group and we found the staff very friendly and nothing was too much bother for them. I'm so glad I listened to the waiters recommendation and had pakora and chicken tikka chasni. This curry was better than you would get from an actual Indian restaurant!! The sauce was done to perfection and the chicken was a very high quality of meat. And it was only £15 for 3 courses!!! Would DEFINITELY recommend and will certainly be back!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stopped here with a group of colleagues. The service, food and drink was execllent considering the size of our party. I had the curry which was very good. I would thoroughly recommend this as a place to eat and drink..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business