“Really friendly staff, perhaps a tad expensive!”
Review of Chiquito - Hamilton - CLOSED

Chiquito - Hamilton
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We went here last night for a meal and were met by a lovely female staff member at the door after waiting a minute or so in a small queue. We were seated near the kitchen, but it was surprisingly cooler than I expected. We were then given time to look through the menus and then she came back and took the drinks order. The cocktails are fairly expensive at about £7, but really nice tasting and well presented. For starters I opted for the bbq chicken wings as I have had these before. They were nice, but had far too much bbq sauce for my liking as it was difficult not to make a mess and we were not given any wet wipes and only had one small napkin to assist me. For main the chicken and pulled pork is superb. The dish was not served with a lot of fries, which suited me as I always struggle to finish. Our server was very politely spoken in a soft English accent and was very friendly throughout and nothing was too much hassle so I decided on a dessert as well. The golden nugget cheesecake is superb. Overall a decent visit and as well as friendly the service was a lot quicker than the last couple of times I have been at Chiquitos. Bit expensive at about £15 a main and £6 starters and desserts so with a couple of cocktails you're soon talking upwards of £60, but this is usually known by most people that visit.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We decided to go here to try the lovely menu and was not disappointed! The cocktails were great too!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Dining out with my husband, food OK just typical tex-mex fodder, but we had a great time eavesdropping as the tables are VERY close together. We heard all about all the cars one man had since 1976, cortinas, allegras, vauxhall vivas, this took a good twenty minutes to get through and the woman asked at the end of all this if he wanted to go to the cinema for the second date! Maybe so he wouldn't talk? Next couple in at the table had an argument with lots of hostile stares at each other, she went off to the ladies for a bit and when she came back he told her there was an earthquake in Japan. Service is slow but the Margarita cocktails were good and all in all we had an entertaining night out.

1  Thank Gemma W
Reviewed 1 March 2014

A few years ago, I didn't like Chiquitos one bit. But now their menu has changed and it's amazing! I love it: free popcorn upon arrival, refillable drinks and a reasonably priced lunch/a la carte menu. The service is also great. They should start selling the popcorn.

One thing I don't understand: why would you choose Nando's where you only get chicken wraps etc when you can come to Chiquitos, get real service (rather than order yourself), and have more meat/vegetarian choices?

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Had been only once before and the service and food was pretty awful. However, I'm happy to say a return visit was much better than the first time around. Arrived and was sat in the almost empty restaurant after a few minutes wait and was given pretty bland popcorn to eat. Ordered a starter of nachos with beef which was pretty poor so immediately thought this was going to be a repeat of last time, however the main course chicken skewers were very tasty and a good size portion. The cocktails and drinks, while expensive at nearly £7 each, were very nice.

Our server wasn't amazing but was sufficient, atmosphere wasn't wonderful but the place was empty, the main course was great but the starter not so. The restaurant itself is quite small but very nicely decorated with comfortable seating. The best thing this place has going for it has to be the cocktails. Value for money wise it's very expensive and not necessarily value for money, but if they have any special lunch or dinner menu deals it may be worth a visit again - but they do need to master half decent nachos, it's the least a Mexican restaurant should be able to do right!