“Good food, excellent staff”
Review of The Bully Inn

The Bully Inn
Ranked #7 of 112 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish, International
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hamilton, United Kingdom
“Good food, excellent staff”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Went here recently with some family members and had a lovely meal. Staff were very accommodating, especially when ordering between the set and a la carte menu. A couple of members of our party wanted a particular starter that was only shown on the set menu, but not a main from it. The waitress we had was more than helpful to do this which was lovely to see, and chatted away to us as if we were regulars. Food was great, and enjoyed by all. Would come back here again.

• Visited July 2013

Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“25 Years On”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Great food, Great service and lovely place to eat. Had not been to the Bully for over 25 years but a reunion with and old friend was made even better by the staff & service at The Bully. Thanks we will be back but won't leave it so long to the next time.

• Visited July 2013
Hamilton, United Kingdom
“Really need to Celebrate Local Ales!”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We were in the Bully on Saturday night for a few drinks, but given the lads had spent all day building a shed, when we saw they were still serving food, we made a move to the dining area.

I have to say the food was delicious, I started with Cullin Skink, followed by poached haddock, a poached egg, creamy mash and cheese sauce.

The others had opted for Haddock Goujons, and the Black Pudding starter, then fish and chips, and a chicken with black pudding and pea puree.

Our friends said the menu had changed since last the were in, which is always a good sign.

Everything was fresh and well seasoned, and for a local pub, it was fab.

I'd like to see more local craft ales on draught though. It's a continual disappointment to go to a pub and see Guinness, Magners, Tennants, Stella and Best on draught, when we have SO MANY local and wonderful beers.

Good whisky selection, if only the ales matched it.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank nony88
“Magic”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I've been to the Bully Inn several times over the last couple of years and I have to admit, I've never been disappointed. The bar/restaurant has a laid back, friendly atmosphere and the staff are polite and attentive. The food is lip-smackingly good and very reasonable, and safe to say, I will be a regular visitor in the future!!

• Visited June 2013
Hamilton, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Ok pub grub but staff weren't interested in our concerns with daughters food”
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

A group of 5 of us went to the Bully Inn. We have been before but it has been a while. Since our last visit the menu has changed and the old favourites such as lasagne and fajitas had been removed. I preferred the old menu, however that comes down to personal choice. When we placed our drinks order I asked for a children's menu. The waitress rhymed off around half a dozen things. By the time she left the table I was trying to remember everything she had said. My daughter opted for macaroni cheese. When it came it was covered in peppercorns. My aunt had the adult portion, which was the same and she really enjoyed, but said was very nippy and the children's was just a smaller portion. The other 3 of us opted for burgers. They were fine, although there was no side salad served, just a small handful of chips. When the waitress came back and asked if everything was ok I said that the children's macaroni wasn't suitable for children. She said it was just a smaller portion of the adult one, but I advised her that I hadn't realised that as I wasn't provided with a children's menu and thought since it was so different from how macaroni comes I would have been advised, and that my daughter had to make do with a few chips as she hadn't liked it (macaroni is her favourite meal as well). She just said that was how it was made and went away. I thought she would maybe say to a manager or something especially as I was basically telling her my daughter was leaving a restaurant having only eaten a few chips, but no. So later that evening, I decided to contact them via their Facebook page. The following morning my comments had been removed and I received no response. All I was looking for was an apology and to say they would make a kids menus for future and put details of this on the menu, so people knew in advance that it was a nippy meal. All other food and service was fine but for how they dealt with a small issue, or should I say didn't deal with a small issue, I wouldn't go back, and will be advising friends and family of the experience.

• Visited May 2013