“Just Gets Even Better”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hamilton
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Just Gets Even Better”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I have now been staying at this hotel occasionally for the last 3 Years. The Staff are VERY welcoming and even try to remember your preferences! Food is defiantly improving and the menu has changed substantially over the time I have been staying. I find that the quality is very very good considering the equipment that they have available in the kitchen to prepare the meals. (I asked to have a look!)
Attention to detail is so important! They even realised that I hadn't been smoking when I had my normal smoking room, (Stopped in December!) and asked if I wanted none smoking, even though in my preferences it still states smoking! I'm not fussed either way; however, I feel that this is a very welcome interest in this day and age of very few who really care! Would defiantly recommend to anyone coming to Glasgow!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Rocketman1066
GMHamilton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hamilton, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thanks for your latest review, it is great to see that we are still delivering what our customers are looking for, and also caring and noticing what is important to our guests!

We look forward to keeping up the good service through to the summer (whenever that is) and beyond!

Mark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Polish first
St Andrews, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2012

This was the first time me and my husband had stayed at this Holiday Inn and it will be the last! We arrived to find no parking and when I went in and asked the man at the desk just shrugged his shoulders and said they didn't have parking - his manner was terrible (thought the staff was supposed to be friendly)! We eventually got parked and checked in. The room was fine and the shower room really very clean. Unfortunately for us our room was at the back on the hotel - room 410; and all we heard all night was the very noisy nighclub at the back. It was really bad and there was no way you can keep the window open for some fresh air, even with the window closed you could still hear what sounded like crowds of people outside. In the morning when we were checking out there was no-one at the desk apart from a woman who was dusting the area - my husband asked if he would just leave the key card at the desk and she basically just 'grunted' at him - once again what nice friendly staff - not!! Needless to say we will never be back there.

Room Tip: Not at the back of the hotel if you want any sleep!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
GMHamilton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hamilton, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dawn

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on the stay you had with us. My apologies that your time with us was no as good as it could have been and not what we seek to provide for our guests, as you yourself had alluded to.

Could I ask if you can email me directly to gm.hamilton@holidayinnexpress.org.uk in order that I may get some more detailed information on your stay and establish those team members who did not deliver the level of service that we look to provide.

Mark Calpin
Wales, UK
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Close to the M74 motorway, this Holiday Inn provides a great stop-off point for those heading further north or visiting Hamilton - Motherwell.

The hotel has immense local parking shared with the local shopping centre. It's free and the hotel has a security system that looks over the car park; this provides a reassuring sense of safety.

The shopping centre offers restaurants and access to supermarkets - very uesful for people like me that like to have the option to 'do it yourself' at mealtimes (fruit and salad from the supermarket anyone? ... Just me then!).

The hotel is modern, spacious and offers great rooms. Internet access is every room but you can also use the free access available in public areas and meeting rooms if your needs are limited and you don't want or need to exchange files or large amounts of data with colleagues and friends whilst travelling.

There's plenty of space for meeting colleagues in the reception area ... and for last minute email catch-up before you head out to your meeting.

The breakfast food area is discrete and offers a good range to suite all tastes.

With the possibility of more travel in this part of Scotland, I will be back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
GMHamilton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hamilton, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Thank you JJ (?) for your kind review of the hotel, it was good to read that you found the hotel to be just what you needed, and that you had time to make use of the hotel's convenient location beside the supermarket and restaurants.

The free Wifi that we offer in the public areas is indeed popular, and thankfully there is sufficient space available even when a lot of guests are using it.

The car park that the guests use is shared as you say, however, our inhouse cctv does not cover this area - although having cameras for the area isn't really an issue.

Do say hello on your next stay with us and allow us to put a name to the face!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This hotel is easy to find and whilst they do not have parking for the hotel there is a big retail park around the corner with free parking for the hotel guests.

The hotel is clean and well furnished for this style of hotel, rooms are spacious and equiped with tea and coffee facilities, tv's, hairdryer.

The staff were very efficient and helpful.

Basic breakfast is served in the restaurant area, to the left of reception, and covers continental with choice of jucies, yoghurts, toast/crossaints, tea and coffee, and also a choice of Hot sausage, scrambled egg and b beans.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
GMHamilton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hamilton, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Andrew

Thank you for your review of the hotel, I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

With regards to the car parking, all guests have to do is to enter their car details on the touch screen at reception and this does indeed allow for free parking in the adjacent retail unit car park.

I look forward to you returning to the hotel soon,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Clean, bright, well kept Holiday Inn Express. One of the better ones. Cinema and eating venues very close as is some shopping and night clubs, should you wish. Great for business with good open reception areas and bar. Breakfast is standard. One point to note, if checking out early then make sure you are shout loudly to let the night porter open the doors to let you out!

Room Tip: If traveling in a couple then note all the double beds roll into the middle!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
GMHamilton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hamilton, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank you for your review of the hotel - glad that you found it to be a good place to stop.

If you can let me know via my email address, gm.hamilton@holidayinnexpress.org.uk, which room you stayed in, I will look into the mattress issue, as that should not happen.

We do have staff on thoughout the night, so not quite sure why it was difficult to find either member of the team, sorry!
Manchester
Reviewed 10 February 2012

It's a while since I stayed at this hotel, but may be staying again soon. Lovely and clean, modern and the staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice, plenty of room and storage and the location is excellent. A highly recommended hotel.

It says a lot about a place when the manager comments on all the reviews whether good or bad, it shows that the management care about the place and take all comments into account (I don't work here honestly, I just like good customer service).

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
GMHamilton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hamilton, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Shelly

Thank you for your feedback, and also your very kind comments about our response policy - we do indeed like to our customers, even if we don't get everything spot on.

If you are coming back into the hotel, do say "Hello!"

Mirfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Had a pleasant stay here whilst on business. As with all Holiday Inn's the room are clean and tidy and to a decent standard. Only small complaint was that I had arranged for someoone to meet me at my room who I gave my room number to but reception insisted that I came down to greet them before they were allowed upstairs!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
GMHamilton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hamilton, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thank you Michael for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay with us.

With regards to the hotel's policy about allowing non residents onto the guest room floors, this is done as a security measure and to provide further protection to our guests. My apologies that this was an inconvenience to you, however, I hope that you can understand where we are coming from on this one.

Mark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton
Avonbridge Hotel
The Alona Hotel
#5 of 9 in Motherwell
BEST WESTERN Motherwell Centre Moorings Hotel
Innkeepers Lodge Glasgow, Strathclyde Park

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hamilton? Share your experiences!