Holiday Inn Express Hamilton
The Alona Hotel(Motherwell)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Agoda.com
All reviewsretail parkcar parkscrambled eggsbeanscroissantsvue cinemafree parkingnext doorhot itemsfrankie and bennysself servicehi expressshopping centrelimited choicecar registrationsofa bedincluded in the price
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 March 2012

The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean.The lobby has free wifi, but is only in the lobby. This is one of those hotels that you can see, you just can't figure out how to park and get to it. Finally found parking in the shopping mall parking lot it is connected too. It was tough to find a spot but we finally did. The parking hassle and the wifi being in the lobby were the only down sides. The room and breakfast were good.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
GMHamilton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Hi Vic

Thanks for taking the time to give your feedback on your recent stay wtih us, and I am sorry that you found the parking to be a bit of an issue.

For others reading this, the car park has around 200 spaces and is shared with some shops which are adjacent to the hotel - you access it by taking the third exit off the roundabout at the hotel, which is just a quarter of a mile from the M74 junction 6. Alternatively, do give us a call on 01698 456300 and we can provide customised directions and a video!

In terms of the free WiFi, this is offered throughout the public areas and meeting rooms, and is only chargeable in the bedrooms, where it is a wired connection. There are some discussions about extending the WiFi, but at this stage I don't have any more information on this project.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

I have now been staying at this hotel occasionally for the last 3 Years. The Staff are VERY welcoming and even try to remember your preferences! Food is defiantly improving and the menu has changed substantially over the time I have been staying. I find that the quality is very very good considering the equipment that they have available in the kitchen to prepare the meals. (I asked to have a look!)
Attention to detail is so important! They even realised that I hadn't been smoking when I had my normal smoking room, (Stopped in December!) and asked if I wanted none smoking, even though in my preferences it still states smoking! I'm not fussed either way; however, I feel that this is a very welcome interest in this day and age of very few who really care! Would defiantly recommend to anyone coming to Glasgow!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Rocketman1066
GMHamilton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Thanks for your latest review, it is great to see that we are still delivering what our customers are looking for, and also caring and noticing what is important to our guests!

We look forward to keeping up the good service through to the summer (whenever that is) and beyond!

Reviewed 11 March 2012

This was the first time me and my husband had stayed at this Holiday Inn and it will be the last! We arrived to find no parking and when I went in and asked the man at the desk just shrugged his shoulders and said they didn't have parking - his manner was terrible (thought the staff was supposed to be friendly)! We eventually got parked and checked in. The room was fine and the shower room really very clean. Unfortunately for us our room was at the back on the hotel - room 410; and all we heard all night was the very noisy nighclub at the back. It was really bad and there was no way you can keep the window open for some fresh air, even with the window closed you could still hear what sounded like crowds of people outside. In the morning when we were checking out there was no-one at the desk apart from a woman who was dusting the area - my husband asked if he would just leave the key card at the desk and she basically just 'grunted' at him - once again what nice friendly staff - not!! Needless to say we will never be back there.

Room Tip: Not at the back of the hotel if you want any sleep!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dawn D
GMHamilton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dawn

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on the stay you had with us. My apologies that your time with us was no as good as it could have been and not what we seek to provide for our guests, as you yourself had alluded to.

Could I ask if you can email me directly to gm.hamilton@holidayinnexpress.org.uk in order that I may get some more detailed information on your stay and establish those team members who did not deliver the level of service that we look to provide.

Regards

Mark Calpin

Reviewed 3 March 2012

Close to the M74 motorway, this Holiday Inn provides a great stop-off point for those heading further north or visiting Hamilton - Motherwell.

The hotel has immense local parking shared with the local shopping centre. It's free and the hotel has a security system that looks over the car park; this provides a reassuring sense of safety.

The shopping centre offers restaurants and access to supermarkets - very uesful for people like me that like to have the option to 'do it yourself' at mealtimes (fruit and salad from the supermarket anyone? ... Just me then!).

The hotel is modern, spacious and offers great rooms. Internet access is every room but you can also use the free access available in public areas and meeting rooms if your needs are limited and you don't want or need to exchange files or large amounts of data with colleagues and friends whilst travelling.

There's plenty of space for meeting colleagues in the reception area ... and for last minute email catch-up before you head out to your meeting.

The breakfast food area is discrete and offers a good range to suite all tastes.

With the possibility of more travel in this part of Scotland, I will be back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
GMHamilton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Thank you JJ (?) for your kind review of the hotel, it was good to read that you found the hotel to be just what you needed, and that you had time to make use of the hotel's convenient location beside the supermarket and restaurants.

The free Wifi that we offer in the public areas is indeed popular, and thankfully there is sufficient space available even when a lot of guests are using it.

The car park that the guests use is shared as you say, however, our inhouse cctv does not cover this area - although having cameras for the area isn't really an issue.

Do say hello on your next stay with us and allow us to put a name to the face!

Regards

Reviewed 21 February 2012

This hotel is easy to find and whilst they do not have parking for the hotel there is a big retail park around the corner with free parking for the hotel guests.

The hotel is clean and well furnished for this style of hotel, rooms are spacious and equiped with tea and coffee facilities, tv's, hairdryer.

The staff were very efficient and helpful.

Basic breakfast is served in the restaurant area, to the left of reception, and covers continental with choice of jucies, yoghurts, toast/crossaints, tea and coffee, and also a choice of Hot sausage, scrambled egg and b beans.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
GMHamilton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Andrew

Thank you for your review of the hotel, I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

With regards to the car parking, all guests have to do is to enter their car details on the touch screen at reception and this does indeed allow for free parking in the adjacent retail unit car park.

I look forward to you returning to the hotel soon,