All reviewsretail parkcar parkscrambled eggsbeansfree parkingnext doorhot itemshi expressself serviceshopping centrefrankie bennyslimited choicecar registrationincluded in the pricesofa bedwould stay againsat nav
Reviewed 15 September 2013

If the primary aim of a hotel is to provide a comfortable nights sleep this place fails completely. The mattresses are so poor you can feel every spring making is a very uncomfortable experience. The reception staff were apologetic but unable to offer or suggest a solution as they said all the mattresses are the same. The free wi-fi and wired internet service was so slow as to be unusable except for brief emails. Needless to say this is one hotel we will never be visiting again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dexx
GMHamilton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you Dexx for providing us with the feedback following your recent stay with us, and my apologies that your stay was not as enjoyable or comfortable as either of us would like.

I am delighted to advise that we have taken delivery of a number of replacement beds - divans and mattresses - and these are now up in the bedrooms. The team will endeavour to provide a solution, however, my understanding is that there were no other rooms free on that night.

In terms of the WiFi provision, the hotel currently offers free WiFi in our public areas and this is provided at a speed that offers everyone the chance to connect for use for emails and web browsing. The bandwidth is set at this speed to allow this facility for all guests on multiple devices without charge, and if a guest had a need for a more commercial rate, then this is something that we could arrange.

I do note your comments in full and would hope that if you were to stay with us on another occasion, that we would create a much more favourable impression.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I booked a room with this hotel with the hotel manager, who guaranteed the room until 8 pm. However when I arrived BEFORE 8 pm (having been on the road since 6 am), I was informed they had given my room away to a platinum member as this is their policy. When I questioned why they did not contact me to inform me of the situation, they then informed me are not obliged to contact the guest to inform them the room is no longer available. There were no more vacancies in the hotel and they were unwilling to assist in finding rooms elsewhere despite their disgraceful behaviour and their complete lack empathy. I then had to spend the next 40 mins finding a hotel at an extortionate rate due to the lateness and lack of availability in the surrounding area.

Room Tip: Be a platinum member or you have no chance
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
GMHamilton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Hi Julie

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback on your experience with us this week. I am sorry that we were unable to accommodate you in the hotel, and hopefully I may be able to shed some light onto how the matter came to be.

When you had made your phone call to the hotel, the member of staff who took the booking had entered the reservation without your name, but under "Name to be advised" . In between this and your arrival at the hotel, another guest arrived and said that he had a reservation that was not named, and the member of staff made a genuine error and allocated them your reservation for the non smoking room. Hence, when you arrived at the hotel there was a room available, but not the room type that you were looking for. It was not a matter of the hotel not being true to our word, rather an honest error and it is regretful that your feel that we were trying to treat one guest differently from another, which we would not.

I would have thought that my collague would take the opportunity to assist with your reservation elsewhere, and if this is not the case, I shall discuss with them directly.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We have stayed here on a couple of occasions and each time have enjoyed our stay. My husband has also stayed here on business.

The hotel is exceptionally clean and very well kept. Breakfast is good and the coffee machine is left on even after breakfast.

The staff are very helpful. I could not find any fault with this hotel at all.

Being platinum members of holiday inn we were given a late check out

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
GMHamilton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us, it is good to know that you have enjoyed the various stays that you have had with us.

Our team do try and provide a warm, friendly and professional level of service, and long may this continue.

Do say "Hello" the next time either of you are back with us,

Regards

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights in September for a business trip and found it great. The staff that checked me was polite and welcoming. They recommended andoffered me the menus for local restaurants that offered a delivery service.
The room was nice, clean and functional.
Internet connection in the room is poor (wired) but WIFI in the reception area was very fast.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for the comments and feedback following your recent stay with us.

Our aim is indeed to provide a clean and tidy hotel for our guests to enjoy, so we will take your comments as a box ticked!

I see that you always went to Da Antonio and really enjoyed your visit - this is a particular favourite of one of our team, so nice to see that you enjoyed it too.

Regards

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed here for one night in June for a business trip and found it great. The young lady that checked me in was so sweet, polite and welcoming. She not only gave me a choice of rooms but also offered me the menus for local restaurants that offered a delivery service.
The room was nice and clean and the bathroom was also spotless. The breakfast at the hotel was okay... nothing special although you can't really complain as it's complementary so very good value for money!!
On the whole - definitely recommended and ticks all the boxes! I have to also give a massive shout out to the manager who takes time out of his day to reply to each and every review.... you must agree that must be one dedicated manager who cares about his hotel and strives to give the best possible service.... Hats off to you Mr General Manager!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
GMHamilton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you very much indeed for providing us with your feedback on the stay you had with us back in June.

I am not sure which member of the team it was who provided you with such an excellent check-in, so on behalf of all of the female members of the team, I say "thank you".

On a personal note, may I also add my own appreciation for your kind words towards myself - as a team we all strive to deliver great service to all of our guests, and being active and engaging with guests on here is one component of that, and I feel it is important to address matters when things go well, and when they don't.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel again soon, and when that happens, please do introduce yourself to us.

Kind Regards