“On the doorstep”

Equi's
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Hamilton
Cuisines: Italian, Fast food, British, Scottish
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“On the doorstep”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This is 5 mins from my University campus Great ice cream and great fish and chips Well known in the area and friendly staff

1 Thank DrSmart

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Service not what it used to be”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Have been a customer at Equis for a number of years, however, have recently stopped attending due to what I consider to be a decline in the service and quality there. When I last attended for a take away I was kept for 20 minutes waiting on pizza only to find out it had been forgotten about and was burnt black (when I asked a member of staff to check on it). There were no apologies and I was pretty disappointed by the general attitude of the staff when I asked for my money back as I was not willing to wait on another being cooked.

The food in my opinion has not been the same recently and I don't know exactly what has changed but it is not as good as it used to be which is a shame.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Claire B
Hamilton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, shame about the service.”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This place does some of the best ice-cream you will ever taste. They are frequently queued out on to the street and that can only be a sign of quality. So be prepared to wait! Their hot food is also excellent and their fish and chips are definitely worth a try. Why 3 stars then? I believe that in order to gain 5 stars, then a place has to earn it by the overall experience that it offers to customers. In terms of service I would give this place 1 star…. For the following reasons. They advertised 2 for 1 milkshakes on their facebook page, saying ‘2 for 1 Mondays have arrived’. I went specifically with the intention of ordering a milkshake, only to be told by a staff member that the offer does not start until next week. That was definitely not stated in their advert and amounts to nothing short of false advertising. In addition, we have eaten here on a few occasions and the staff in the restaurant are obviously run off their feet, to the point that they are curt with customers. Short-staffed, most definitely! This company needs to think about the customer service that it offers in addition to the quality of the food it serves. They certainly have the food quality correct. In my opinion they should now try and improve the service that they offer to their customers. If they could perfect this, then Equi’s really could be a 5* establishment!

1 Thank languagesrock
Stirling, United Kingdom
“If you are anywhere near Hamilton you need to come try this Ice Cream!”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

As far as I can remember Equi's Ice cream was a treat for Birthdays, Good Grades or to get us out the house while my mum wrapped the presents. I'm happy to say the quality unlike so many places has not changed over the years and is still the best ice cream I have ever tasted.

Hamilton, Scotland
“Scottish Ice Cream at its Best!”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I have been enjoying ice cream from Equis since childhood and it's still my favourite. I have enjoyed tasting a wide variety of flavours over the years and always feel that an Equis ice cream is very special.

The best ingredients are used to produce these delights and you will not be disappointed with whatever flavour you choose. The traditional vanilla is luxurious!

• Visited August 2013