“Forth Inn”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Banchory, United Kingdom
“Forth Inn”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

An interesting menu, food well cooked and presented, decent wine at very decent prices and pleasant staff.

Visited October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Kirkby in Furness, United Kingdom
“A very welcoming sight to a thirsty and hungry traveller”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Visited the Trossachs to look at some of the scenes portrayed by various famous artists. This can be hungry work due to the walking and fresh air involved.

An exceptional array of excellent beers and a very good menu awaits served by friendly staff. Quite a nice small town surrounds the pub/hotel/restaurant and we had a good meal with splendid beer in a cosy atmosphere. The weather was not friendly but then it was October.

• Visited October 2013
“Great food”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This felt like a local place and was recommended to us by Frances at Duchray Castle. The food was delicious and the drinks even better. I remember I had the soup but I believe I may have drank too much because I can't remember what else I ate. I do, however, remember it being delicious.

Visited September 2013
Hebden Bridge
“excellent meal”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We visited this restaurant last Friday as we were staying in Aberfoyle for the Junior Home International mountain running. My mum has a damaged wrist at the moment and the waitress was extremely friendly and helpful to us. The food was delicious, the atmosphere terrific and service was good. There was a wait for the courses but no more than good home-cooked food deserves - it's not McDonalds afterall (also so much better than these gastro-pubs). My mum enjoyed the trout very much and my chicken stuffed with haggis was delicious. My only complaint - the coffee. It needs to be stronger and better quality. All in all, a good long-distance choice by me!

• Visited September 2013
Glasgow
“Might have been an 'off' night”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We eat regularly in this pub and food has always been good. Another pub tea for 5. Unusually, food was delayed, arriving 35 to 40 minutes after ordering, also the chicken and haggis got the thumbs down from our daughter. As always, fish and chips were good and so was the risotto. It might have been an 'off' night. it won't put us off eating here again.

• Visited September 2013