“Hidden treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Malling West

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aberfoyle
Malling West
Ranked #5 of 10 Aberfoyle B&B and Inns
“Hidden treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Spent an excellent weekend in Malling West. Morag is a perfect hostess. A lovely lady who made us feel at home from the start. Already recommended to friends and family. If you get the chance, go (and ask for poached eggs!).

• Stayed May 2014
Lolaig, Owner at Malling West, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Hi there.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and for your kind comments.
I guess I should keep poached eggs on the menu then!!
Maybe see you again.

Morag

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

My family spent 4 Lovely days at Malling West, we found a lovely home from home, with immaculate accommodation and all our needs met. Morag was very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. She was a useful source of information on the area, and Glasgow. A great breakfast was served each morning with plenty of choice. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Lolaig, Owner at Malling West, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful stay we had. Such a warm greeting on arrival we felt just at home. Lovely bright, fresh and clean room. Morag was very helpful and gave us glasses for fizz and even took us along to the hotel for dinner. Very kind indeed. Breakfast was delicious great selection. Lovely to see the other parts of the house- unfortunately the weather prevented us from wandering the vast gardens!
One thing that might be a good addition for when the weather is awful and you can't do much outside would be a tv in the room.
We look forward to returning when the weather is not so wet!
Many thanks again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Lolaig, Owner at Malling West, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your visit to Malling West. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Good Luck in June! Morag.
Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

I first spoke to Morag in October looking for a B & B for December the 20th. She told me they were considering a holiday but if I was going to book then they wouldn't go. What better service can you ask for. We were made to feel welcome from the moment we arrived. We had booked 2 rooms, one for myself and husband and the other for my sister, brother in law and niece (2 year old). The rooms were spacious with plenty of room for clothes etc. The rooms were clean and plenty of towels supplied. We all had cooked breakfasts the next day which was needed after a wedding!!! and the food was lovely, plenty to eat and drink. My little niece loved the B&B and Morag. I just wish we had been staying longer, the views were beautiful and we loved the massive tree in the garden all lit up. I would definitely recommend this place, you will be made t feel welcome, the views are beautiful, rooms excellent, food lovely in a peaceful setting what more can you ask for.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Zeewolde
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

We will never forget Morag's hospitality and B&B! We came unexpected and for a minute Morag thought she missed an appointment. But we just stopped at the best looking B&B for miles (kilometers actually for us). And the best looking B&B just happened to be one of the most memorable moments of our 3-week holiday/wedding anniversary.
Besides the great food, beds and location, the hostess also knows a lot about the surroundings.
Thanks for having us Morag and Phil!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MandM-Zeewolde
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at Malling West after a day out in Aberfoyle. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay, it was absolutely amazing. Beautiful room, beautiful garden, stunning breakfast but most of all, the best part was Morag herself. Absolutely amazing host and lovely person. She made us very much welcome. I would definitely stay here again! 5 star!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Nicola M
Greenock, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

My girlfriend and I had a great stay at Malling West. It was exactly what we were looking for. With some bed & breakfasts you can really feel out of place but not here. Morag was a great host, very down to earth and made us feel very welcome from the moment we arrived.

There was plenty of information on hand from guides and from Morag herself. Her dinner recommendation was top class. One of the nicest places we have eaten yet and with a stunning view.

To compliment our stay breakfast was delicious! We then asked to have a look around and Morag gave us the grand tour of her fantastic garden. We would definitely stay here again.

Thanks again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 474Andrew
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberfoyle
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
The Crown Hotel
The Crown Hotel
#2 of 6 in Callander
Corrie Glen Bed & Breakfast

Been to Malling West? Share your experiences!