“My stay at Malling West”
Review of Malling West

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aberfoyle
Malling West
Ranked #5 of 9 Aberfoyle B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“My stay at Malling West”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My wife and I stayed 3 nights at Malling West in May and it was memorable. The clean and fully carpetted house impressed us the moment when we stepped in. Our room upstairs has a good view of the beautiful garden. We slept well all nights. Thankfully the traffic was not heavy on the road just besides. However if you are a 6 footer and above, you may need to adapt and test out your body agility in the small en-suite toilet.

The hot breakfast was very good. The fried haggis tasted so much better than the steamed version I tried a day earlier near Edinburgh Castle. Host Morag was both a great cook and a tour guide as well - she gave good advice about the local attractions. Very useful for first time visitors like us. Thank you Morag. I missed your breakfast when I am back home now.

Locating this house was a bit tricky although it was just besides the road. You can be mislead by the SatNav/GPS. The entered postal code FK83RD will give you about a mile out on the wrong side of the road! Try this latitude/longtitude setting instead: 56°10'31.6"N, 4°19'49.8"W. Hope it helps.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lolaig, Owner at Malling West, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for posting your very detailed review and for your kind comments.

Can I also say a big thank you for taking the time to work out the co-ordinates for the house, particularly as you did not drive here but travelled on public transport. It was very kind of you to make such an effort, to pass the details on to future guests.
Our post code does cover a large area, and does leave you a half a mile short of the house depending on what direction you are coming from but it has never been a problem for our guests as it is such a short distance.
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
Morag.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Spent an excellent weekend in Malling West. Morag is a perfect hostess. A lovely lady who made us feel at home from the start. Already recommended to friends and family. If you get the chance, go (and ask for poached eggs!).

• Stayed May 2014
Lolaig, Owner at Malling West, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Hi there.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and for your kind comments.
I guess I should keep poached eggs on the menu then!!
Maybe see you again.

Morag
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My family spent 4 Lovely days at Malling West, we found a lovely home from home, with immaculate accommodation and all our needs met. Morag was very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. She was a useful source of information on the area, and Glasgow. A great breakfast was served each morning with plenty of choice. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Lolaig, Owner at Malling West, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful stay we had. Such a warm greeting on arrival we felt just at home. Lovely bright, fresh and clean room. Morag was very helpful and gave us glasses for fizz and even took us along to the hotel for dinner. Very kind indeed. Breakfast was delicious great selection. Lovely to see the other parts of the house- unfortunately the weather prevented us from wandering the vast gardens!
One thing that might be a good addition for when the weather is awful and you can't do much outside would be a tv in the room.
We look forward to returning when the weather is not so wet!
Many thanks again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Lolaig, Owner at Malling West, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your visit to Malling West. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Good Luck in June! Morag.
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I first spoke to Morag in October looking for a B & B for December the 20th. She told me they were considering a holiday but if I was going to book then they wouldn't go. What better service can you ask for. We were made to feel welcome from the moment we arrived. We had booked 2 rooms, one for myself and husband and the other for my sister, brother in law and niece (2 year old). The rooms were spacious with plenty of room for clothes etc. The rooms were clean and plenty of towels supplied. We all had cooked breakfasts the next day which was needed after a wedding!!! and the food was lovely, plenty to eat and drink. My little niece loved the B&B and Morag. I just wish we had been staying longer, the views were beautiful and we loved the massive tree in the garden all lit up. I would definitely recommend this place, you will be made t feel welcome, the views are beautiful, rooms excellent, food lovely in a peaceful setting what more can you ask for.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Zeewolde
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We will never forget Morag's hospitality and B&B! We came unexpected and for a minute Morag thought she missed an appointment. But we just stopped at the best looking B&B for miles (kilometers actually for us). And the best looking B&B just happened to be one of the most memorable moments of our 3-week holiday/wedding anniversary.
Besides the great food, beds and location, the hostess also knows a lot about the surroundings.
Thanks for having us Morag and Phil!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MandM-Zeewolde
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at Malling West after a day out in Aberfoyle. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay, it was absolutely amazing. Beautiful room, beautiful garden, stunning breakfast but most of all, the best part was Morag herself. Absolutely amazing host and lovely person. She made us very much welcome. I would definitely stay here again! 5 star!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Nicola M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberfoyle
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Dalgair House Hotel
Dalgair House Hotel
#5 of 6 in Callander
Corrie Glen Bed & Breakfast

Been to Malling West? Share your experiences!