“Amazing Memories Made :)”
Review of Loch Achray Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Aberfoyle
Loch Achray Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Aberfoyle
Ross-on-Wye, United Kingdom
“Amazing Memories Made :)”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed at Loch Achray Hotel a few times when I was younger, when accompanying my Granddad who was a coach driver. We loved the hotel then and we still love it now!

My partner and myself took our grandparents away for a short winter warmer holiday and they enjoyed every minute. The coach drivers were brilliant!! They were full of knowledge, had a great sense of humour and could not help enough!! The excursions were great too!

The hotel was just how I remembered it, cosy, peaceful and has amazing views!! At the front of the hotel there are Highland Cattle. I must admit meeting these guys topped off my holiday brilliantly! :) The service at the hotel is excellent. When you arrive at the hotel there are people there to meet you to take your cases to your room and the restaurant and bar service is excellent!

The food was lovely! Despite catering for a large number of people the food was well presented, hot and there was quite a good variety, with haggis being on the menu twice in the week! There was also no wait between courses!

The bedrooms are a little dated, but they are in keeping with the rest of the hotel. They were spotlessly clean, very comfortable and could easily get a good nights sleep.

The daily quiz and evening entertainment was a lot fun and was a great opportunity to meet people off other coach trips.

We all had a brilliant holiday with amazing memories made! Lochs and Glens is great value for money and I would definitely use them again!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LillyRose1943

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We love Lochs & Glens, and are already booked for late August as my birthday celebration to another hotel, we've been to Inversnaid & Loch Awe and loved both, but in our room last week we had a knocking noise all through the night, we think caused by the central heating, we were forced to take sleeping pills just to get some sleep the reception told us there would be a plumber the 2nd day, well every day after our excursion we asked if the plumber had been and every day were given excuses why he hadn't arrived, we think they never even bothered to phone a plumber, just thought oh well they're only here another couple of nights and they will be gone !!!!
Plus I am VERY fussy about my food and like it to be cooked properly, also the servings were quite small, I know the price of the break is very good but would like an adult size portion, apart from the breakfast which was ok, I never enjoyed one dinner. But the staff were lovely in the dining hall.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 109, unless they have fixed the constant noise at night
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tink49_12
Suffolk
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This was our second New Year break with Lochs & Glens and we had a wonderful time again. Everything ran like clockwork and with the mealtimes staggered between the different coach parties, there is never a long wait for food, which was really very good considering the price we paid. Our room overlooked the beautiful loch. It was clean, perfectly adequate and the shower was very good, with piping hot water. All staff were friendly and helpful and our only slight criticism is that on New Year's Eve the entertainment was not as good as at Loch Awe last year and really didn't get properly warmed up until after the refreshments had been served at midnight!

Can't fault Lochs & Glens for value for money and we'll definitely be using them again.

Room Tip: We had a second floor room at the front of the hotel which overlooked the loch and also the field wi...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Diane061
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Excellent, service, spotless Hotel, very friendly and helpful, food very good, trips good,can not fault! (only the coffee, its horrible! take your own)
We passed through Callander a few times, looks like a very interesting little town, maybe offer a trip there?

2 Thank mandy709
Southampton
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I got back yesterday evening from a wonderful trip to this hotel . I have not been on a coach trip for many years so I was worried about the trio from southampton. I am glad to say that it went so well with a great driver in Dean, he was so funny but also had such great knowledge that the trip went by very quickly. On arrival I was impressed with how helpful and friendly the staff were. The food was just brilliant and again the staff could not do more to help with any extra requests. The bar was a delight and some great malt's to enjoy in the evening . The trips were also very good and interesting , you certainly get a great chance to see Scotland. Having never been to Scotland I was taken aback by it's beauty.The evening entertainment was not really my bag but you have plenty of other areas to sit and enjoy your malt. I can only thank all the staff I met and thank them for there help and friendly attitude. I really wish I was still there .Cheers

Room Tip: I had a great room upstairs with views of the loch that take you breath away
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank jack8032
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Our first Lochs and Glens holiday,no disappointments at all. All the staff in the Hotel showed great 'hospitality' from beginning to end.We were very impressed with the menu choices,the service and quality and quantity of food. No complaints whatsoever.Our room was always spotless when we arrived back from our excursions each day. Plenty of teabags/coffee/milks etc always replenished. Such a cosy,warm atmosphere even though the rain hammered down and very high winds each evening it certainly wasn'nt cold inside.The music entertainment was good each evening,plenty of variation,ballroom,line dancing,scottish reels,disco etc etc.
Our Drivers were very knowledgeable and we were very impressed with Marchin's memory for historic dates when events took place etc.We met a lovely couple from Plymouth on our first evening and it seemed we had a lot in common even though we had never met before. We had such laughs and it really made the holiday for us.The Highland cows outside Loch Achray Hotel were always very obliging with the phot shoots even though they were knee deep in mud ,(it was quite squidy)They were waiting for our left over breakfast toast apparently.

4 Thank carolenglish37
devon
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Our first trip with Lochs and Glens so our first visit to the Loch Achray Hotel . We know someone who travels regularly with them and speaks very highly of the whole package so we took the plunge and booked . Pleased to say we were not disappointed , with an almost new coach and experienced and knowledgeable drivers . The weather took a turn for the worse with a 70-80mph storm bringing down power lines so when we woke the first morning we had no electricity or water.
Hmm , not good but not the Hotel's fault . However the staff had managed to make a cooked breakfast etc so all was well ! During the day we were informed that we had to move to a different hotel in Stirling (all courtesy of Lochs and Glens) due to the delay of electricity being reinstated .
Back we came on the second morning to be welcomed back by Elaine the Manageress who runs a tight ship ! We had a couple of trips with our driver Dougie "I'm so happy!" who had lots of local knowledge and jokes .
The food was excellent with good service in the dining room , our bedroom was spacious enough for the two of us with a view over the lawn towards the Loch and I cannot praise the company and staff enough for their commitment and service towards their customers . We will definitely travel with Lochs and Glens again . Recommended .

3 Thank bitthinontop
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberfoyle
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
#1 of 6 in Callander
Loch Long Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
#3 of 6 in Arrochar

Been to Loch Achray Hotel? Share your experiences!