“Beautiful, unspoilt beach”
Review of Calgary Bay

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Even on a windy, winter's day, this beach is beautiful. Definitely worth visiting as well as continuing along the road to the waterfall. Amazing scenery in any weather.

1  Thank GailJB64

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We saw an otter run across the beach and a pair of eagles circling above the beautiful silver sand beach.

2  Thank LUCINDA D
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The first time I visited Calgary Bay was in summer of the mid 1980's it was about 25 degrees and absolutely glorious, it could have been a tropical beach in the caribbean, white sand and deep blue sea.
I was a keen diver at the time, we were launching our boat from the beach hot work in a drysuite.
Calgary is quite remote not many visitors no ice cream or hot dog vans at that time thank god. I have been told that the stone landing on the right of the bay was used to ship crofters off Mull at the time of the clearances I'm not sure how accurate this is but it makes sence to me.
I have been back many times since the most memorable was when we had motored round from Tobermoray to dive a wreck off the North West of Mull. The wind and weather turned quite nasty with a force 5 gale from the west. It was decided not to try to round the coast into the sound of Mull but to make a run into Calgary Bay to recover the boat., this we did. Whilst waiting for our transport to arrive we had time to look around the bay and investigate the local graveyard where many interesting people are buried. The wind became much stronger, I have memories of lying in the shelter of a sand dune whilst the rain came down sideways, the view of the waves coming onto shore was quite spectacular.
I feel very privileged to have seen Calgary Bay showing all of its many delights. It is a magical place whatever the weather,

2  Thank rickytricky
Reviewed 9 November 2013

If you're driving from the Craignure ferry to Tobermory, it's really worth taking a slight detour via Calgary Bay (though of course you could go at any time when on Mull!) . The drive is absolutely magnificent, and we were lucky enough this time to do it on a windy day with clouds, sunshine and rainbows - truly uplifting! We stopped for a walk on the beach - bring your wellies at this time of year if you really want to enjoy it - and it honestly is one of the most lovely and spiritual places I've ever been to. I've only ever been to Mull in the autumn, and I just love it at that time of year, but I imagine Calgary Beach would be equally stunning in the summer - especially on a warm midsummer's night.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Please stay away from here so I can enjoy it by myself. It is my favourite place in the World. We enjoy it most at sunset when it tends to be empty.

2  Thank Bathwick