“Heaven!!”
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Midnight in June
Sitting at the foot of the hill
Bonn na Cnoc
Somewhere under the rainbow
The dining area
Well provided kitchen
Kitchen - another view
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

gh1232014
Tamworth, United Kingdom
“Heaven!!”
Reviewed 26 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

Our trip to Bonn n cnoc was the second leg of our scottish holiday. After spending 9 nights at beautiful Loch Tay we drove the 5 and a half hours to Skye on monday 21st May.
Having enjoyed glorious sunshine at Loch Tay for the whole time, our trip to Skye was rather damp and misty but still breath taking. Upon arriving in the port town of Uig at 5pm the clouds had gone and sun was out.
They drive up to the cottage was fun and full of views.
Exhausted from our journey upon entering the cottage our energy was soon recharged from the outstanding quality of the owner Johns home and looking out from the lounge to the wonderful view was uplifting.
The cottage was immaculate.very modern but so very comfortable.
A true home from home with everything you could want for your stay.
Comfortable beds. Stunning bathrooms and brilliant showers.
Well equipped kitchen. Large dining table and a very comfortable armchair and L shaped sofa.
During our 5 nights stay we were blessed with glorious weather so we didnt get to use the fire but can imagine on colder nights even with central heating it would be great to light and use.
We travelled the length and breadth of Skye as this was once in a lifetime trip. The scenery takes your breath away and then after a full day of sightseeing to come back to Bonn na cnoc was pure joy and to end the day with stunning sunsets looking out from the lounge doors,the memories will live with us forever.
Thank you John for allowing us to use your own get away from it all cottage.
Do not change a thing.
To those who are thinking of booking,do not hesitate just do it.
Life is to short!

Kellywiag
Edinburgh scotland
“Just book it”
Reviewed 6 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Just back from 3 nights in this wonderful cottage. Such an amazing house. Well supplied with everything you may need. Beautiful kitchen,living area with fire, the comfy bedrooms and the bathrooms are amazing. The only thing missing was the aurora borealis. John and Marion if you could fix that for when we return, that would be great. Thanks for letting us stay.

8 Nov 2017
Thank you very much for your kind words, Kelly.
And I'll have a word with the lighting department for your return visit.

John
Supratik
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Splendid isolation with all the creature comforts : what more can one ask for !!”
Reviewed 12 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

I cannot thanks John and Marion enough for allowing us to stay in their lovely little cottage. Skye is indeed overrun with tourists and driving has become a real pain. Every evening I recharged my batteries in this little piece of heaven with a glass of wine in hand and some days the multi-coloured sunsets over The Minch gave me company.
Right from the beginning John was prompt and helpful. Booking was straightforward.I had rented a big lens for birding in Hebrides and on the day of arrival DPD courier as usual messed it up, misplaced the lens and informed me that they'll try to deliver it over next 2-3 days. In desperation I contacted John who very kindly arranged the lens ti be delivered to his friend in the next village and I had no problem in collecting it. Many thanks John.
The description is accurate and the pics are not deceiving. The cottage has no close neighbours, spacious inside , modern in decor, lovely bathrooms with excellent shower pressure, firm pillows and bed where I slept like a baby.
It can be pretty cold even in summer and the central hearing was more than adequate. We did not try the fire place.
It even had a ramp for guests with mobilty issues. Very thoughtful.
I had noted one comment about wi-fi but we had absolutely no problem with internet and I was quite pleased with the broadband speed even in this remote place. One of my main worries was to keep the two teenagers happy by finding a way of watching the Game of Thrones season finale. My daughters had no problem streaming the GOT episode from NOW TV and there was no problem with buffering. I also watched a couple of programmes in Netflix while my good wife posted many photos in Facebook. Everyone happy !!
John had even arranged milk, bread and a bottle of Skye Black for me as welcome. Wow !!
The cottage was clean and no extra cleaning fee was charged after departure.
We had no problem in self-catering. Uig is a very well located place. Close to my ferry for Tarbert, the local shop very well stocked, good restaurants nearby, a beautiful waterfall Rha falls ( see my review separately) to see, Quiraing just 15 minutes drive. I monitored the weather carefully and was able to find a small window and jump into the car and enjoy a fantastic hike. Fairy glen is also very close and you can reach before the buses arrive.
The midges were particularly horrible this year !!
The whole Trotternish ridge is stunning and I drove the loop couple of times from the cottage. Mobile phone reception ( I am with EE) was non-existent and thankfully there was a landline so that I could book the loch trip from Elgol.
John's direction was spot on. The single track road was not that difficult to drive as long as you don't drive like maniac and plan well in advance for passing places. Of course in touristy places it becomes tiring.
The outdoor deck was very nice although I was almost eaten alive by midges the first time I ventured without protection. There are small birds around and I did spot a couple of buzzards as well.
Overall a top notch stay and strongly recommended.

13 Sep 2017
Thank you, Supratik for this review.
we are so glad that you enjoyed yourself and the little bits i could help with were no trouble at all.
Just one little request if I may - tell your friends!
:-)

Many thanks
Hils77
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Couldn't have been better ”
Reviewed 23 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Stayed for one week from the 17th June with a disabled friend. The cottage had everything we needed and was fully accessible for my friend. The ramp was the right gradient and made getting into and out of the Cottage so easy. We had mixed weather but had some lovely days out. The staff and the customers at The Pier in Uig were amazing getting the wheelchair in and out. Nothing was too much trouble. The food was good and reasonably priced too. I am planning a return visit with my husband.

24 Jul 2017
We're glad you and your friend enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back.
christine...
Victoria, Canada
“Great location and great house”
Reviewed 27 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

The house is very nicely laid out, roomy and comfortable and suited us all very well. It seemed everything we might have needed had been thought of and provided.

We arrived to find a welcome basket full of goodies and also milk in the fridge which was very much appreciated.

Great views of the water and you can watching the setting sun from the deck or from inside the house.

The weather was kind to us. We had mainly sunny skies during our stay and after a day of hiking the mountains Bonn Na Cnoc offered a peaceful retreat from the world.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Spacious house and watching the changes in the weather
Liked least: The midgies!
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
28 Jun 2016
Thank you for your review, Christine. We're glad that you enjoyed Skye and Bonn na Cnoc.
Ronnie M
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic family stay”
Reviewed 18 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

We really enjoyed our stay at Bonn Na Cnoc, it is a fantastically well equipped house with a particularly good open plan sitting, dining and kitchen area. It has loads, of books, videos and games and the bedrooms and bathrooms are generous and luxurious.
The setting and location is also really good and there was plenty for us to do, visiting Flora Macdonald's grave, Duntulm Castle, the fairy glen - a must for young kids - and Neist point.
The Sheiling café in Uig was also well worth a visit.

Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
23 Feb 2016
Thank you for the review.

We're glad that you enjoyed your stay on Skye and In Bonn Na Cnoc.
Katrinasa...
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Felt like home”
Reviewed 21 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

We stayed in Bonn Na Cnoc for 4 nights and we all absolutely loved the cottage. We had variable weather during our time in Skye and it was so nice each day to come home to such a welcoming house were we could get warm and toastie by the fire place.

We spent the nights playing games which the house is fully stocked in and the kitchen is so large and equipped with everything you could need. I am one who loves cooking and we even manage to squeeze in a roast on our final night.

The only negative about this stay was that we were waiting on the northern lights and unfortunately they never came on for us :(

We will all definitely recommend this cottage to any of our friends going to skye for a wee trip away.

Thanks so much and we will definitely be back :)

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
17 Feb 2016
We have had a word with the Supervisor and Aurora Borealis have been ordered for your next stay :-)

Thank you for your kind words.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing