“FANTASTIC HOTEL”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“FANTASTIC HOTEL”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

stayed here overnight one Saturday night, It was a lovely hotel, everyone within the Hotel treat you very well. The Hotel is clean and staff very friendly.
It is a very good Hotel attached to the Golden Jubilee Hospital. Some patients or family use this Hotel before an operation. This is fantastic for people , most hospitals would love this good service.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank annemariewestend
Gary R, Manager at Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Glasgowwestendgirl,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel further to your recent stay, and for the positive comments which I have shared with the hotel team.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Beardmore hotel in the future.

Kind regards

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I wanted a hotel away from the hustle & bustle of the city centre yet close to the airport. Room had a view of the the river on the left and lovely garden on the right I arrived early and room was ready. Hotel is clean and staff very friendly and helpful. Availed myself of spa services and was treated like royalty. Restaurant food is very good. Breakfast buffet is plentiful, great way to start the day. I would stay here again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed here for 3 days and couldn't really complain about anything. Everyone at the hotel was very friendly. The room was nice with a lovely soft bed, settee, clean bathroom and an i mac which was also the TV. The only thing that was not up to standard were the pillows as they were very flat. Furniture also had a few bumps and bruises but not unexpected as the hotel is mainly used for conference events and hospital visits. (hospital is attached to hotel although not in the way).
There is a gym, pool, sauna, jacuzzi and steam room which is free for guests and very well equipped. Special mention to Jennifer in the leisure centre for taking the time to show us round the gym and explaining how to use the various apparatus. Food was of a good standard and not too expensive for a hotel. Drinks about the same.
The hotel is in an industrial/housing area of Clydebank but has its own grounds so although not the nicest location you can look out over the hills and river. It is in a convenient place for travelling into Glasgow or up to Loch Lomond, both being about 20 mins away depending on traffic.
All in all a good value stay with very good service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SRSTAUD
leeds
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We arrived at the hotel early after a long drive and was pleased that our room was available to check in. Our room was lovely, clean and spacious with pleasant views over the river. The staff at check in we're nice and very helpful. Breakfast was nice but could do to be cooked a bit better, sausage and bacon looked quite anaemic. We had evening dinner in the restaurant, we had a very long wait, booked for 8pm and got our starters followed by our main by 10pm. Having said that the food was good and Stuart our waiter was very good not only did he know the menu and wine menu well he was very knowledgable about the hotels Eco policy and was happy to explain it to us too. We think this sort of attitude matters and reflect well in the way the hotel is run.

Room Tip: We saw a few rooms being cleaned and all looked nice, but ask for a room on the 4th floor with a riv...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Attending an event made staying here the sensible option. Booking etc all handled very smoothly, as was check-in. Room was fine size, US in style but OK for it, but was a bit surprised to discover a large tear in the sofa. I was even more surprised to find that Reception didn't think this warranted any attention. Instead I was told that some rooms were waiting for refurbishment. Minus rather a lot of points and I have only been there for an hour.

Dinner in the bar seemed the sensible option. Soup tasty, but on the cool side and strange to have to ask for cutlery. The burger that came was good, but clearly the chef was having a problem with heating things, because the chips were only half-cooked. Raw potato is not a taste I would recommend. Sent back and returned with apologies, by which time pretty peckish. Chips still not properly done, but at least edible, so ate a few and the burger. No pud thanks.

Breakfast was OK buffet which actually was pretty hot, although service a bit hit and miss.

Had dinner with the event which was much better. Some management was evident and food was good, served well and enjoyed.

So they can do it (provide service), but really let themselves down through much of my stay. I did mention that I was unhappy with the room at check-out, but that only sparked a programmed apology and nothing else. Many better places within a few miles which are probably worth the travel.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear RickyB2003,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback following your stay with us as part of an event.

May I apologise for the shortfalls you experiecned with the room furnishings and some elements of the Food experience. We appreciate you taking the time to share the feedback to allow us to review and look for improvements in our quality and service.

Yours Sincerely
Stromness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The Beardmore is a wee bit out of "town" so I would not normally book in there, however I was escorting a family member who was receiving treatment in the Golden Jubilee Hospital which adjoins the hotel. An arrangement that works very well.
Right from the start, the reception staff were friendly, helpful and check in was easy.
The room was spacious, clean and fresh with a view towards the Erskin Bridge and the river.
I didn't eat often in the hotel but what I did have was well cooked, tasty and value for money. Service was good.
A few minutes walk from the hotel you can get a bus into the city centre or, in the other direction, to Loch Lomand and and beyond.
Originally my stay was for seven nights but circumstances changed and I had to stay a further two. Unfortunately on the first of my extra nights there was no room at the Beardmore and I was moved to the Radnor Park (not an experience I want to repeat!!) Thankfully my final night was spent back in the Beardmore.
If visiting Glasgow, on business or pleasure, I would consider booking in to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear 234KAS,

Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel further to your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us, and we are able to return as part of your extended nights to the hotel.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Beardmore hotel again in the future.

Kind regards
Belfair, Washington
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Overall this was a good hotel. We were on the second floor. I was surprised that ithe lobby went straight through to the Golden Jubilee Hospital. Probably a good idea. We had a good sleep. Dark out curtains and a very clean room. It's a way off the main streets so no traffic noise. TV was through a computer so that was something new. Did not eat here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mel2013_13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clydebank
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Loch Long Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
#3 of 6 in Arrochar
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Knockderry House Hotel
Best Western Buchanan Arms Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel? Share your experiences!