Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel
West Park Hotel(Clydebank)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbeardmore hotellovely hotelcentre of glasgowrooms are largefree internet accessriver viewleisure facilitiesreception staffhealth clubbit datedrailway stationexecutive roomplenty of parkingerskine bridgereception areasteam roomsteak
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We visited this hotel back in October for my birthday and were disappointed with the service we received. One of the biggest disappointments was breakfast. The manager contacted us regarding our complaints and, as a gesture, sent us a voucher for a free overnight stay with breakfast. Well we returned to give it another go and had a lovely relaxed stay. On arrival, the receptionist made us very welcome at check in. The room, as last time, was very comfortable and clean. We ate in the bar this time and the food and service were second to none. The staff were very friendly. We were seated for breakfast as soon as we arrived and tea and toast served right away. The buffet had plenty to offer which we enjoyed very much. The only downside was that we were woken to the fire alarm going off. We went downstairs where the fire brigade had just arrived and were only there 5 minutes when staff informed us it was a false alarm and we could return to our room. They dealt with this very efficiently! We will definately return to this hotel in the future and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Like other reviewers have commented a strange location attached to the hospital. But you will not be disappointed with either the warm welcome by staff or the standard of the rooms. My bed was a dream so comfortable I slept well. The food is a good standard although I chose to eat in the area off the bar and the air conditioning was blasting out making me and my meal cold. The second evening a different location and I was fine. The breakfast was very good and although busy I was attended to very quickly. It is in a good location for Glasgow and transport links. I have travelled into Glasgow from the local station. There is a shopping centre five minutes in the car that passed an couple of hours after I had finished work but too late to travel into Glasgow. Across the car park from the shopping centre is an award winning Fish and Chips restaurant . Will use this hotel again not any dissapointments.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Clyde I watched a ship with a tug and other craft go by.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Gary R, Manager at Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear janetjohn001,

Many thanks for taking the time to feedback following your recent return stay with us at the Beardmore, we are delighted that you chose our hotel once again.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and in particular your comments about the staff, and your overall experience.

I hope it won't be too long before we have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions for both for business and pleasure. The staff are always courteous and professional and will go out of the way to make your stay a success. The food in all restaurants is of a good standard and there is plenty of variety in dishes on offer. Rooms are spacious , clean and comfortable, with an Apple Mac PC /TV as standard, which is great. The wifi access is good throughout the hotel and is free.The gym facilities are quite small but well equipped . The pool is of a good size , is relaxing and has a fantastic aspect overlooking the Clyde. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: River view rooms offer fantastic views over the Clyde.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Gary R, Manager at Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Carol S,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay at the hotel. We are delighted that you returned to use the hotel.

I appreciate your positive comments particularly of the staff and also the food which we have shared with the team at the hotel. I am glad you had another good stay and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

It looks quite grand - previously a Best Western - now owned by the NHS, would you believe. Very pleasant and helpful staff. The Executive Room was ostensibly nice - but the mattress quality was sub-standard. It felt like a foam relic from the NHS hospital to which the Beardmore is physically integrated. It's really a business person's place, or for a relative of a patient next door.

Good try. Not bad. Worth using.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear A_TravellerFlorida,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback following your recent stay at the hotel. We value your comments and apologise that the bed standard didn't meet your expectations. We do have duty management twenty four hours a day and could have assisted with the heating issue you highlighted.

We appreciate your feedback as we always look for continuous improvement of our service and standards.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 5 February 2014

We ended up booking this hotel at last minute through late rooms, I have to say I was a bit dubious to how it was going to be, but ended up being very pleasantly surprised. When you first approach the hotel it is a bit strange as it is actually attached to a hospital. I've never seen this before so alarm bells were ringing on our approach. Staff at reception were extremely welcoming, friendly and helpful, and any issues we had, were dealt with promptly.

The rooms and hotel decor is a bit dated and it is the only thing that let's this hotel down, but the room itself was very big and clean throughout, we also had a cot for our toddler and there was plenty of room to move about, along with a sofa bed as well. We stayed in room 319 and the bathroom also seemed to have been recently renovated, very clean. Also in the room are Apple TV/computer/DVD players, it seemed a bit out of place with the dated decor but was a great asset to the room. If they changed their furniture to a more modern style, no doubt this hotel could charge a lot more. Slept very well, no noises of rowdy youngsters, bed could have been a bit more comfy for me but was fine overall.our room also overlooked the river Clyde.

The best thing about this hotel was the leisure facilities available, with a pool, sauna, jacuzzi, steam room and gym all free to use for staying guests. The whole pool area has recently been refurbished in the last year, it really was a pleasant experience to use, pool was nice and warm and wasn't too busy when we were there.

We didn't have breakfast or any food here so cant comment on that. Lots of seating areas and lounge's to relax in as well. Bar staff again very helpful polite and welcoming.

If you are looking to do things in the centre of glasgow, be aware that this hotel is a fair drive from the city centre, 30 mins at least and worse during peak times. If you don't mind the drive I would recommend staying here without a doubt, we got an absolute bargain, staying for the same cost as a travel lodge with better rooms and leisure facilities to boot. There's lots of retail shops, cinema,pubs and restaurants 5 mins drive away in Clydebank as well as some local attractions

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear suvodka,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at the hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and facilities, and thank your comments.

We are currently working on upgrading some areas of the hotel décor and appreciate your comments on this. Also for your positive comments about our health club and overall experience.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again