Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel
US$92
  • Pool
US$98
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Glasgow Braehead(Renfrew)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$163
US$151
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
All reviewsbeardmore hotellovely hotelcentre of glasgowrooms are largefree internet accessriver viewleisure facilitiesreception staffhealth clubbit datedrailway stationexecutive roomplenty of parkingerskine bridgereception areasteam roomsteak
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Spent a couple of nights recently at a conference. The hotel is connected to the Golden Jubilee Hospital but is a very good choice if you're in the area for any reason.

It's very much standard 4 star stuff when you arrive, with staff friendly and efficient.

My room was large, with large bed and seating area, desk etc. each room has an Apple Mac with free Internet access and it doubles as your TV. Bathroom was spacious - decor in there maybe needed updated slightly?

My room was wheelchair accessible - I'm not sure if all are?

Sampled a couple of breakfasts and lunches but didn't have dinner there. All the food was of a very high standard.

I did make use of the pool and sauna. The pool is 15m so enough to actually swim a little bit rather than just paddle. It has a nice outlook to the Clyde.

Bar prices are reasonable for the type of hotel

If you're interested in the conference, it was well managed.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Hawklord_pxr5
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The strange part is that the hotel is part of a hospital complex - you can see down the main hospital corridor from reception. It was built as private hospital with a hotel attached for recuperation and family stays, it is now NHS and the hotel is largely a conference facility.

Situated in Clydebank about 30 mins taxi ride from Glasgow city centre and 15 mins from the airport. Plenty of free parking on site.

Staff are friendly, helpful and efficient and the hotel works well. Rooms and public areas are all of a high standard and prices reasonable.

Restaurant and bistro area in the bar. Didn't have dinner but breakfast was good quality with plenty of hot and cold options.

Would be happy to return for business but would be a bit too far from the city centre for a leisure stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank zonda
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I stayed for two nights when my wife was in the hospital that is attached to the hotel, hotel was clean and all the staff that I met were very helpful the only slight problem was when a panel fell off the sink unit when my wife was washing her hands but this was fixed the next day. I did not eat in the hotel so I can not comment on the food. This hotel is close to main roads and the motorway and would be a good base to explore central Scotland.

Room Tip: A room looking across the river is nice.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pettuddel
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Booked a table for fifteen at the Waterhouse Restaurant to celebrate my husbands parents anniversary Father in law is severely disabled and I have to say that the staff could not have been more helpful and made us feel very welcome. Some were disappointed with the food but most of us enjoyed. All in all a very pleasant afternoon.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AMBScotlandUK
Reviewed 19 March 2014

stayed for one night. Reception staff were very friendly and allocated us a lovely room overlooking the clyde with a great view of the Titan crane, a reminder of the great shipbuilding industry that once dominated this area. Breakfast was a typical scottish buffet with all you could expect although my wife had a very tasty kipper served to the table by the cheery waitress. All the breakfast room staff were lovely and friendly and deserve a mention . It was a pleasure to stay in this peaceful hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ostberry
Gary R, Manager at Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear ostberry,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us at the hotel.

I was delighted to read the you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the positive comments about the team within the hotel who we have shared your feedback with.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back again in the future.

Yours sincerely