“Outstanding!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hull
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I have returned time and again to this hotel for my business needs. I always find the staff great, very friendly and attentive. The room is always large and has a large and comfortable bed. Good shower and bathroom, a sofa, and best of all, an Apple Mac! Yes you read correctly - an Apple Mac!

The food in the restaurant can be a little pricy, however, I must say that it is totally worth it! The food is amongst the best quality I have ever tasted - gorgeous.

The hotel is actually part of an NHS hospital, and this can be a little weird at first, walking into the reception and seeing signs for the X-ray department, however, it doesn't make any difference to the quality of facilities or service by any means.

The hotel boasts a free and inclusive health spa with a good sized gym, several treadmills, weights and other cardio vascular machines.

The car park is absolutely massive and free. I have never struggled for a space in my time using the hotel.

I would definitely recommend to anyone, and I have very high standards and an rather picky.

Overall an excellent hotel.

Stayed August 2014
Gary R, General Manager at Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Andyboy123,

Many thanks for taking the time to feedback on your recent return visit.

We have shared your comments with the team and appreciate your valued comments.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future

Gary Rice, Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Monifieth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Used this hotel when my wife was in hospital next door. My room and public areas were immaculate but this is definitely more a business type than a holiday hotel. It is a bit far out of city for the "sights" but as I was there for its proximity to the hospital it was ideal. Probably because I stayed at the time of the Commonwealth Games, the hotel was very busy and as a result breakfast was a bit of a "scrum" and hot dishes were not always available when wanted. Very tasty meals were taken in the bar in the evenings but I felt were a bit expensive for size of portions.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Exeter
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Had an amazing room with views over the river. However I had booked and paid for two rooms at the same time, we were asked for payment on the second room twice more!
We ordered a room service breakfast twice, the first time was fine the second time the order was lost.
On the positive side everybody was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Newtonhill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel the night before the Commenwealth Games which we where going to go with our Grandson. Great hotel for the kids as there are computers games to play for the for free. Outside the Clyde runs pass the hotel and it's beautiful outside the hotel to go for a walk. Meals where good and breakfast had plenty for everyone and the staff where very friendly. Our room was very clean and comfy.

Room Tip: Beautiful hotel to stay for any occasion
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear murrayK2006,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your lovely feedback following your recent stay at the hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed and hope you enjoyed attend the Commonwealth games also. It was also nice to read you were able to see and use some of the extensive grounds, and the adajcent views along the River Clyde.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future

Gary Rice, Hotel Manager
scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for one night to attend the commonwealth games nearby. Initial impressions were good even though the hotel is accessed by the same entrance as the hospital. This means you are in the foyer of the hotel with porters and nurses hurrying to work.
Room was quite nice. No tv though. That had us foxed till we realised we had to use the very small screen of the iMac as our tv.
Couch was ripped and a bit thread bare. Carpet a bit dirty but overall not bad.
The bathroom.... Well, it has a hospital hand wash sink!!! No plug and no way to move the tap, so how are you supposed to wash your face in it? I banged my head twice before giving up and using cotton wool. The room is covered in handles and standing aids which diminish any small chance to forget you are in an Nhs hotel.
All the rooms have buzzers in them (I was tempted to press it to see if a nurse would come) and all the electrical items had tested stickers on them.
Not a bad hotel but no chance of being impressed... Zero glamour or style.
Breakfast was ok. £15 for full cooked.. I just had cereal and toast (which was cold) but plenty on offer and the staff were friendly.
Good hotel for an essential trip but def not for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear curlyrosy
Thank you for taking the time to feedback following your recent stay with us.
From your review you have described one of our accessible bedrooms, of which we have 6 for multi-functional use. I am sorry that you found this type of room uncomfortable. The other items you refer to are all required by law, ie, the PAT tested stickers on electrical equipment is a legal requirement and I'm sorry that you did not find this visual check reassuring.
Apologies again that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
Dusseldorf, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

The hotel room and the beds were comfortable, but we missed a mini-fridge-bar. The cabinet for the bar was there, but someone had taken it out.

The dinner in the restaurant was more or less ok, but the atmosphere was not. It was a relatively small and somewhat dark room with about 12 tables, all without a tablecloth. Our tiny table for two was squeezed against the drinks counter, other tables against the walls. I couldn't detect any window at all. It would have been nice to have a view of the Clyde and not of the bar counter.

The breakfast was offered in a large and bright room (with a view) and there was everything you could wish for in the morning.

Checking in and out was effective and quick. The staff were friendly.

We chose this place, because it is situated quite close to the airport.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Johnny19039
Thank you for taking the time to feedback following your recent stay with us.
We are delighted that you enjoyed breakfast and the close proximity to the Airport but regret the dining experience did not meet your expectations.
We have taken your comments on board with a view to improving our restaurant setting.
We hope to be able to welcome you back to the Beardmore in future.
Renfrewshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have visited the Beardmore on a few occasions for the very good value Afternoon Tea. This time we went for dinner, as the weather was nice we sat outside. The first thing that hit me is the number of tables outside on such a nice day: 5. At the side, some benches. It would be nice if there was a little more tables free as we waiting 10mins on a table becoming available. Note that the seating area is a spacious sun trap which is accompanied with clean, well decorated and maintained grounds/lawns. The food was okay. We went for 2 Bacon & Cheese Burgers which arrived stone cold after a starter of Liver Pate (not enough bread for a good serving of Pate) and an alright Mediterranean salad. Sides were good but the chips were undercooked - some cooked correctly which were lovely but the little details of a fully cooked serving of chips where missed. The burger meat wasn't of the best quality, another mark down.

The Beardmore is a decent place to eat, however with a few slight improvements to the food and seating area facility it could be a great hidden treasure; something we would describe it as.

Staff are nice, but people (mates) loitering around the bar area chatting to the manager leaves an unprofessional impression on guests. This could be smartened up a bit if I was being 'picky'. For the overall experience I enjoyed myself, due to the sun and relaxation afforded. 4/5.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear PD9
Many thanks for your feedback on your recent return visit.
In response to your comments, we have followed up with the Head Chef for the shortfalls in your expectations of our food quality and would extend his apologies to you.
Regarding your comments re our seating area, we are in the process of improving the quality of this area and additional seating.
Thank you for your constructive feedback and we hope to welcome you back to the Beardmore in the future.
Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clydebank
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Knockderry House Hotel
Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
#3 of 6 in Arrochar
Lodge on Loch Lomond

Been to Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel? Share your experiences!