“Nice food, shame about the service.”
Review of La Versilia - CLOSED

La Versilia
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Description: This is a brand new Italian restaurant opened on 3rd July.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Nice food, shame about the service.”
Reviewed 21 December 2012

A friend and I visited La Versilia on the 14th of December and whilst we enjoyed the food, we found the service to be sub standard.

We had booked a table for 7:45, i arrived just after this and waited around 3 minutes to be shown to my table even though i could see the servers standing chatting. When I was finally shown to the table, I was given a menu without a word of apologies or an offer of a drink. My friend arrived a few minutes later and we both browsed at the menu. Once we had decided we waited a further 20 minutes to see the waitress again. All our orders were taken at the same time and the older waiter looked at our table a few times without offering us service.

When our starter did arrive (a long time after ordering), we did enjoy it. I had smoked salmon bruscetta and my friend had pate. Both were generous portions and very enjoyable. It was the same when our mains of lasagne and a creamy chicken pasta arrived, Large portions which filled us well without the need of our side of fries. I could be very picky and say i noticed my pasta had chilly flakes in it instead of actual chillies but I won't gripe too much.

When we were eating we noticed a lot of tables hadn't been cleared up and the couple next to us seemed to have a problem with their order. I think the staff hadn't anticipated how busy it would be. I would urge them to be more organised and efficient before it ruins what could become a very decent establishment.

2 Thank foodiequeen89

dublin
“Fabulous a real taste of Italy”
Reviewed 5 December 2012 via mobile

Fabulous the owner leonardo is a one man Italian roadshow he should be sponsored by the Italian tourist board
Great food and a lovely welcome

2 Thank gar123