“Worth a visit” 4 of 5 bubbles

Casa Italia
Ranked #4 of 49 Restaurants in Clydebank
Price range: US$6 - US$43
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Casa Italia is a family run restaurant privately owned and managed by our Head Chef, Domenico. Domenico is from southern Italy and has a lovely menu to share with you that includes traditional classic pasta dishes and stone baked pizzas as well as a selection of meats and fish dishes all freshly cooked to order. He is also happy to adjust our menu offerings at any time to accommodate our customers' dietry requests or taste options. Casa Italia Ristorante opened at the end of November 2012 having been completely renovated from a former church building in the heart of Clydebank.We have installed a disabled lift access for customers who require wheelchair or pram access and have disabled washroom facilities alongside baby changing facilities. We are located on the corner of Montrose Street and Kilbowie Road with car parking facilities which we share with the Atlantis Bar. Casa Italia has seating arrangements for 110 customers which includes a balcony dining area for 40 to 50 guests. Our balcony dining area offers larger groups a designated location within our restaurant and can also be set up for a buffet. This area is also used for adult only dining, turning Casa into the perfect romantic setting.. Our team worked hard in our 1st year to secure a finalist place in the highly acclaimed Scottish Italian Restaurants Awards 2013 in the category of Best Newcomer - something we are very proud of. We have a fabulous team of caring and attentive staff guided by Domenico and our restaurant manager Peter who bring a great deal of humour and attention to all our customers. We open our doors every day to welcome you with your family and friends to join our family at Casa for a pleasant dining experience at our beautiful family home at Casa Italia. Our main restaurant does not have fixed booth seating therefore we can comfortably set larger groups within our restaurant area as well as intimate tables for 2.
Scotland
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Dined in Casa Italia on several occasions and only been disappointed with the food once. The latest visit was for lunch with the family and the mussels in tomato sauce were lovely as was the lasagne. Service is very good and prices are competitive with exception of the £5 Italian beer! They serve a very good and well presented French martini. Pleasant surroundings within a beautiful building but lacking the cosy, homely appeal.

Casaitaliaglw1, Owner at Casa Italia, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hi thanks for taking the time to post your kind review of our restaurant, your comments are much appreciated. think we need to put candles on all day to create the homely atmosphere in such a large building your feedback is very welcomed. Thank you again for your visit and we look forward to seeing you back with us in the near future, regards, Domenico

A TripAdvisor Member
“Very rude manager - lovely waitress”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Attended a psychic night organised by Casa Italia, unfortunately 3 of our party had to cancel last minute due to a family emergency and instead of being courteous and understanding the manager was rude and obnoxious from the moment we arrived and at one point shouted at one my group for no reason whatsoever! The food was basic and when I asked to change the item slightly I was told I couldn't as the food was cooked that way, when asked if they could cook it differently I was told it was already cooked even though I was only just placing my order, disgusting, even for a set menu the food should be cooked fresh. When I informed the manager of my dissatisfaction I was told "I am stressed, the restaurant is full and I have 126 people to please, I pleased 122, you can't please everyone", getting this response from a manager was shocking, if you can't handle a full restaurant (which was by no means full) then you should not be a manager! If you don't strive to please everyone then how will you ever succeed in the restaurant business! On a more positive note, the night was salvaged by the lovely waitress who couldn't have done more to help, they are lucky to have her! I definitely will not be visiting Casa italia ever again!!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Casaitaliaglw1, Owner at Casa Italia, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Hi, Im sorry to read your review of your visit with your friends to our Psychic evening last week. Your table was originally booked for 11 and changed to 8 on the day of the event, then only 4 of your arrived and asked if we could move your group downstairs which we could not as all the table plans were done, we did inform your group we would move you downstairs when all the food was served and we can re arrange some tables. we were running on full capacity of 126 guests that evening. The menu available that evening was only the set menu, it was not possible for us to make a carbonara from a la carte as requested sorry.our food is all prepared and cooked from fresh. I am sorry to read we have created an option of our business of which we not and i would be happy to hear from you personally to discuss with you, should you wish to do so, please call me on 0141 952 2554, regards, Yvonne
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We visited for lunch and found the place quite. However, it was early in the week. Our lunch was served on wooden platters. This did not sit right with me as I am a 'clean' freak and would have preferred a plate! Their chips had been blanched beforehand and on cooking looked very brown and over done. However, the panini bread was good and the chicken and salad all right. The 'owner'? was pleasant. Value for money reasonable. I don't think we will visit again as Italian food is not quite our scene. Others we have spoken to say it is a very good restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Casaitaliaglw1, Owner at Casa Italia, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Hi Ian, thank you for visiting us recently and for taking the time to post your review. I understand your comments ref the wooden boards, some people just don't like them and we would have been happy to re prepare your meal on our plates, Also our a la carte menu offers a great choice of steaks, fish, chicken etc if your preference is not Italian style foods, it would be lovely to see you back at some time to try us out. Kind Regards, Yvonne & Domenico
Scotland
“What's not to like?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Sorry to say despite driving past this restaurant quite often, i wasn't really aware of it! Saw and bought a Groupon, £16 for 2 to include a cocktail each and 6 tapas dishes to share. So we thought a few hours shopping in Clydebank, then a relaxing meal - which is exactly what we got. Lovely venue. It's a converted church so i imagine the acoustics would be brilliant at one of their 'tribute' nights.
Gave it a huge thumbs up immediately when shown the menu...no 'deal menu' here (as we have experienced a few times with other 'deals'). We got to choose our dishes from their usual tapas menu, no 'surcharges' either! Same with the cocktails....any we liked from the menu which varied in price from £4.50 to over £8. I had a frozen strawberry daiquiri and my husband a long island iced tea - both were delicious. We ordered some extras - garlic bread, a dessert, another cocktail and a coke and happily paid the very reasonable £17. No parking at the restaurant but plenty on street just across the road, and easy wheelchair/buggy access to the restaurant should it be needed.
All in all a very relaxed atmosphere, nice meal and drinks and 2 happy diners who will definitely return.

Casaitaliaglw1, Owner at Casa Italia, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Hi Linda, thank you for purchasing our recent group on deal and delighted to read you enjoyed our offering and lovely place. We do not change any portion sizes when we choose to do "daily deal" with any merchant and this is always appreciated by our customers. we offer a good selection of tapas and cocktails always something for everyone and if not, we are happy to accommodate any taste or dietry requirements. We look forward to seeing you back at some stage now you know where we are :) thank you for your review and comments, much appreciated, Regards Yvonne & Domenico.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Groupon Deal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We too had a Groupon voucher for a Tapas meal and visited last week but were disappointed in the portion sizes. However, as we had plenty of room for dessert I chose the "sticky toffee pudding" but was extremely disappointed to received a very ordinary, yellow coloured sponge with syrup poured over the top. There was nothing remotely resembling sticky toffee pudding. I spoke to the waitress who apologised and said she would tell the manager. I then spoke to him about my sponge pudding and he said it was definitely sticky toffee pudding, but if I was expecting toffee sauce over the top of it then he said they "would never do that". I tried to explain in simple terms that the real dish is brown in colour, contains brown sugar, and one of the main ingredients is dates. He either didn't know how to make it or just wasn't interested in my comments.
Like many others I use the Groupon voucher to determine whether to re visit a restaurant or not, but hey! guess what? I won't be going back.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Irene G
Casaitaliaglw1, Owner at Casa Italia, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Hi Irene, thank your for buying our recent group on tapas deal and im sorry to read you felt our portion sizes are not sufficient. 3 tapas dishes are generally suffice for diners who choose to sample our small taster plates and not to be seen as a full meal as such. I will check back to see what 3 dishes you ordered though and look at our portion sizes. We do not make sticky toffee pudding in house, we buy it from our food supplier and upon checking they do not supply a sticky toffee pudding that contains dates. This is something i will check into though. I am sorry to read you choose not to re visit us after your experience as we offer a lovely menu and great midweek lunch and early diner deals, should you wish to talk to me personally on this i would be happy to hear from you, you can contact my on 0141 952 2554, regards, Yvonne