“very impressed”

Roma
Ranked #4 of 50 Restaurants in Clydebank
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dumbarton, United Kingdom
“very impressed”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

this is the second week in a row both my wife and I have dined in this little oasis in the clydebank shopping precinct. Have to say the food is second to none , and the waiting staff could not be more helpfull,
we would normally dine in either IL Pavone or Papperinos for Italian cuisine
but Roma is definetly up there with them. we would certainly recommend dining here

Robert macgregor

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank r_macgregor

• Polish first
Clydebank, United Kingdom
“A new place to lunch”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Called in for lunch yesterday. 3 of us were dining. 2 of us had the cold meat salad with mozzarella which was delicious and the other had lasagne. He said it was very good. Only complaint was the fact that there was no other choice of salad on the menu which was very disappointing as we like something light for lunch. Shall certainly eat there again as it is a very welcoming dining experience set in lovely surroundings.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank MrsMc51
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A strong aftertaste of garlic...”
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

Having reviewed the other 2 Italian eateries in Clydebank (see Casa Italia and La Versilia), I thought it was only fair to give this one a try. And I am pleased to say I am pretty happy with my experience.

Upon entering we (my Mother and I) were immediately greeted by a friendly Italian waiter who let us choose our own seats. We browsed the menu and decided on the pre threatre menu which at 2 courses for 9:99 was pretty good value. I had the Caprese salad followed by Spagetti Carbonara and my Mum had Garlic mushrooms followed by Chicken in a peppercorn sauce.

The most impressive thing about the meal was the obvious attention to detail regarding presentation. My salad was decorated in a neat circle whilst it was elegantly drizzled with a delightful basil oil. My Mum's chicken had an R preciselywritten in balsamic vinegar. I was also immediately offered parmasean and black pepper for my pasta which always wins points with me.

As for tastes my Mum enjoyed both her courses. I did enjoy mine but the Carbonara contained slightly too much garlic. I do enjoy garlic but when you can still taste it 24 hours later, you know you've eaten too much.

Service was promt and a special mention goes to the waiter Rami who made a big effort to chat and make us feel welcome. Dare I say he was flirting or is that just standard Italian charm? In general, I do think its better for Italian restaurants to have Italian waiters as it gives a more authenic feel. And they can correct any bad Italian pronunciation.

I would more than likely return to Roma aslong as they use slightly less garlic the next time. Anyway Ciao until my next review...

1 Thank foodiequeen89
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“very nice carbonara”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Having been to Roma on Bath Street in Glasgow city centre and enjoyed the food I thought I would try the Roma in Clydebank (not too far from my house) I can happily say that the food is great, the take away menu is especially cheap and great value, we got a meal for 4 for £25.00 which included, 2 pizzas, 2 pastas, 4 cans of juice, a foccaccia and 2 sides. I worked out we saved £11.00 going by the things we ordered.

I have not sat down for a meal in the restaurant as yet but will be going back soon.

1 Thank kayleigh m
Clydebank, United Kingdom
“Not to be missed”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

My partner and I have now visited this fantastic restaurant twice and each time we have not been dissapointed.once was for our lunch and the second was with my parents for dinner .The food is delicious and the service is second to none we would highly recommend this lovely place to anyone.great value for money and the portions are ample We will certainly be back again and again a big thank you to all the staff for a lovely time

2 Thank steeveb9162