“Nice food, terrible service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sutherlands

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sutherlands
Ranked #32 of 50 Restaurants in Clydebank
Cuisines: British, Scottish, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Nice food, terrible service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

It speaks volumes for the quality of the food in here as I regularly go back even tho the service is truly shocking. On more than one occassion, I have had to actually go and ask for someone to take our order. The whole staffing seems to be very disorganised, too many staff gathered at the counter at the front and not enough actually watching the tables. On a more positive note, when the food does arrive, it is always freshly made and never disappoints. A bit better staff management would make visiting here a much better choice for dining.

3 Thank JMB682

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Let down by poor staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

I have been to Surherlands a few times and have always found their menu quite limiting however the colouring crayons and pictures they provide kids plus the amazing selection of cakes has always drawn me back. After today however they wil lose myself and my companions custom. The staff were abismal, handing out menus without confirming specials and then acting affronted when asked. Their faces were absolutely tripping them and everything was too much of an ask. It's a shame as the food was okay, I had soup and it was average however the bread was delicious. When we went to pay however and I produced my debit card it was met with a snort and muttering about having to pay by card before shoving the machine in my face in what can only be described as a strop! I am definately put off, no crayons or kids pictures were handed out to the table even though my 5 year old niece was there & the service was nothing short of abismal the food was okay however with so much other competition I will definately be taking my business elsewhere.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Chelley_Pops
Clydebank, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Nice Wee Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

Had a pick of seats when first arrived, but it filled up really quickly soon after we arrived. Ordered Cheese burger and chips wi a coffee, Mum had beef burger chips and a cuppa tea.

Didn't hae to wait too long for food, and it was very good, and very filling. Chips were home made as was the burger, the buns were slightly toasted, it was nice to see bottles of sauce and vinegar instead of the wee sachets, as I always feel that these never hae enough in them, and some places actually charge extra for them.

Would definitely recommend this restaurant.
Only slightly disappointed as there was nae salad on the burger.

Nice atmosphere in the restaurant and the staff were friendly and made you feel welcome.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Ian T
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food was delightful.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

It speaks volumes when a restaurant is packed full of people. The food was beautiful, and freshly made. The restaurant itself has nice décor. Would have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant.

• Visited November 2013