“xmas dinner”
Review of West Park Hotel

West Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Clydebank
Reviewed 8 January 2014

went here for xmas dinner ,service was very slow 50 min wait to get starters ,service was abismile and the the place was no even full,food was standard ,and not worth the money ,wont be back,give it a miss

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bobbyboy79

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Spent two nights here while my wife was in the Golden Jubilee having a knee replacement. Room was clean and comfortable with tea and coffee. Did not eat in the restaurant but used the bar which had several offers and pleasant staff

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank jamsg111
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Our family recently had my Dad's funeral hospitality at the West Park Hotel, we had booked a 2 course meal for 60 people and although around 70 people came back to the hotel after the service this was no problem for the staff. We were offered a choice of starters, and a choice from three main courses, the food was presented well and portions were huge. Everyone commented on such a lovley meal and the excellant service from the staff.
On behalf of my family I would like to thank the West Park and the staff for their sensitivity at what was a very difficult time, more importantly my Dad would have been chuffed to bits knowing everyone who attended was so well taken care of and enjoyed a really nice meal. I would have no hesitation in recommending the West Park.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank KP51Scotland
Reviewed 24 November 2013

A family meal of 25 guests for a birthday meal. The service was very good, the food excellent and for the money the portions were huge (I cudnae finish mine which is a rarity in itself lol).

This is the second family meal we have had at the Hotel and so far I have never been disappointed with anything there, I would definitely recommend the place for a meal that is tasty and good value for money.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ian T
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

We paid £54 for a twin room in 'the lodge' at the last minute as it was the only hotel we could find at short notice.

The phrase 'value for money' is laughable, this room isn't worth £5.40 let alone £54.

It smells, it doesn't look clean, the decor looks like it belongs in the 1960s and you'd be forgiven for thinking that was the last time it was cleaned as well.

The barman was friendly enough but that's pretty much the only positive thing I can say.

The room was cold and felt like some sort of a holiday camp, it is easily the worst hotel I've ever stopped in and I would advise you to avoid this hotel at all costs. If it wasn't for the fact the entrance of the hotel was swarming with dubious looking characters and what appeared to be underage drinkers I would have slept in my car. I simply didnt feel safe in this hotel and subsequently didnt sleep as I wouldn't want to get in the bed.

This review is completely honest, see the pictures if you don't believe me.

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank amyfenton
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I recently had the pleasure of dining in the west Park hotel, we where approached by a very polite young dark hair waitress, my husband having a Sence of humor enjoyed the waitresses Whitneys as she offered us the "pent house view" (only a few steps up next to the window ) we ordered a main meal and a dessert, we did not wait long on our meal, the presentation of the food was ok and it tasted good although I do think it was a rather small portion of chips, Dessert was delicious and the portion of the banana split is Hugh! Good value for money. All in all it was an enjoyable night. I feel the staff played a great part in this as they set a comfortable atmosphere, I will continue to dine here and definitely recommend to friends

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank MargaretElizabeth
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We had our wedding here on the 3rd of August and we had a fantastic day from start to finish. We had 50 guests for a 3 course meal which was superb and the size of the portion was huge, at night we had 120 guests and the West Park provided the buffet which was fantastic, loads of our guests made compliments on the day and after regarding the quality of the food. The staff were great before and during our wedding day and we were able to enter the hall the night before to decorate the hall. All staff that we dealt with were very friendly and went out of their way to help us, we were given a double room for the night which was spotless. We would recommend the West Park to anyone for a function or just a meal. Thanks to all members of staff for making our special day run so smoothly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lorna e
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clydebank
Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel
#3 of 4 in Dumbarton
Arrochar Hotel
Arrochar Hotel
#4 of 6 in Arrochar

Been to West Park Hotel? Share your experiences!