“This hotel ruined my gran's funeral and upset 30 people”
Review of West Park Hotel

West Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Clydebank
Reviewed 10 January 2010

Never use this place for after a funeral, they mixed up a dinner that was organised for my family and close family friends, it was upsetting and embarrasing. My gran lived for 96 years and one of her wishes was that she wanted a family meal afterwards, we got greasy sausage rolls and hard sandwiches and pink cup cakes! it was a disgrace, they ruined our fairwell dinner to my mum's mother, our gran and a great gran. Avoid this place, it should be closed down.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank Jan0666
sjayl, Manager at West Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2010

I disagree with the above, as the menu given to the family was selected by themselves prior to the booking.

Our handmade cakes are requested on a day to day basis and they are one of the items on the funeral menu that the guests praise us on.

The hotel is well versed in funeral teas and i personally pride myself on the service and quality of the food we produce.

There are newer reviews for West Park Hotel

Reviewed 27 July 2009

We found this hotel on the way back from our holiday in the Highlands everywhere was booked around Loch Lomond so we moved onto Glasgow. It was very good value we had a clean room breakfast was fine for our needs and the staff really friendly especially John! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and were made to feel really welcome.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2009

Located on main A82 single glazed window so room extremely noisey all night
Breakfast very poor Breakfast was laid out night before Hard boiled eggs cereal and bread in wood box next to toaster Had toured around Scotland for w week and this was worst hotel ever WHERE DID IT GET ITS 2 STARS FROM NOT EVEN WORTH 1

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank emmavicFleetwood
Reviewed 24 January 2007

I booked a single non-smoking room and was given a twin smoking chalet. It smelt disgusting and I was unable to stay in it. After checking my booking, they confirmed what I had originally booked and offered me a double room at an extra cost. How bad is that? I asked for a refund and took my money elsewhere. NOT RECOMMENDED.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
5  Thank googlies
Reviewed 8 August 2006

It's a friendly enough place, the rooms are of a decent quality and although the breakfast is bizarre (very self service) it's adequate.
If you just want somewhere to sleep in the Clydebank area this place hits the spot. Great value for money.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Mr_Webster
Reviewed 12 December 2005

OK - very basic - no pool/gym. Old fashioned wooden windows which did nothing to keep out the sound of the traffic, and the hotel is alongside a busy dual carriageway. Breakfast is continental, and you have to make your own toast!! (What then is the point in staying in a hotel I ask?!). Heavy on the bleach whilst cleaning the rooms.

Staff were very very nice though and very friendly and the rooms were nice and warm.

• Stayed: December 2005
1  Thank Flo042070
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clydebank
Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel
Arrochar Hotel
Arrochar Hotel
#4 of 6 in Arrochar
Best Western Buchanan Arms Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to West Park Hotel? Share your experiences!