“STAY WELL AWAY!!!”

Price range: US$6 - US$25
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 October 2018

Went here for my niece's birthday. "FRESH FISH" the menu proudly displayed. A few of us had starters and this is where it began to go wrong.....they don't serve the main course until EVERYONE has finished their starters but they cooked the main course and just left it sitting in their kitchen waiting on the last person at the table finished their starter. The batter on the fish just disintegrated and the fish was as dry as a bone and just crumbled into mash. It was quite simply the worst I have ever had. The "hotel" looked like it hadn't been decorated since the early 1960's.....decadent would be an understatement! It was noted that not one single waiter/waitress approached us to ask "if everything was ok". Under normal circumstances I would have had no hesitation in complaining but I was under strict instructions from my partner that I was not "to cause a scene at my niece's birthday". For 3 days I ran the guts out of myself and within a week I found out that other family members had also been the same. I thought it was the disgusting lager they sold but the others had not drunk lager. Then I asked my partner to find out what the others (who were ill) had to eat and the same answer came bak from all of them, "fish". You would be well advised to follow the instructions in the title of this review!

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights here.
Room lovely, staff unbelievably attentive,
Food great, very reasonably priced, comfortable, nice atmosphere in the restaurant. Very busy and im not suprised. I belueve this should be more than a 3 star, really enjoyed stay. Woukd highly recommend.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Superb family lunch, really fresh good quality ingredients, every person in our party had a lovely meal and would highly recommend the steak pie

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 28 September 2018

This establishment has just been redecorated in the last year. We were brought here for a supper by family and now we know why.
We all had something different off the menu but everything that came out was done perfectly.
Steak pie, grilled chicken and chicken gougon.
The owner ensures everyone is happy and is constantly ensuring all customers are seen too and has a chat with you.
Would highly recommend if you are in the Dumbarton area,maybe after seeing the Castle.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Really nice food, cocktails and good service. A good stopover on the way to Glasgow or north on the A82. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: August 2018