“High price poor value and quality.”
Review of Taj Tandoori

Taj Tandoori
Ranked #21 of 46 Restaurants in Dumbarton
Cuisines: Indian, Pizza, Fast food, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Glasgow
“High price poor value and quality.”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Had a meal from here despite being warned standards had dropped. How I wished I heeded the warnings. When the order arrived the Pizza supposedly fresh made came as a perfectly round based pizza exactly the same depth throughout. When queried we were assured (Sean his name was) the pizza was freshly made in the premises by their chefs. I can assure you as a pizza expert my wife can categorically assure you this was not freshly made. Chicken tikka came in a long tray but with only 6 small pieces in a long tray which looked really empty, and it was, a small tray would have done. Really disappointed with everything about tonight's service and quality, and I only wish I had heeded friends advice. Will not be going back.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Drookit

Dumbarton
“Will not be using or recommending Taj again”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Not the first time I've been disappointed with my meal from Taj and after last nights order, I will not be using Taj again. Firstly it was overpriced! For the standard of take away food it was not worth the £24 price tag - 2 currys, chips and pakora! Although the portions are of a good size the quantity of chicken in the meal is pitiful. Last nights sauce consisted of 4 small pieces of meat in both mains. This has been my criticism over a number of orders from Taj. The chicken pakora, in my opinion had been pre-cooked an re- heated on order and therefore the texture was a little stale. On a positive note the chips were good! All in all another very disappointing meal and I will not be recommending Taj as I have previously.

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank Welshiee1
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Consistently the best Indian takeaway in West Dunbartonshire.

Occasionally the place can be too busy and I'd always collect rather than wait on delivery.

However the food quality is never compromised.

Amar runs a great shop. Like his family before him.

Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, United Kingdom
“tasty...very tasty”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

After lots of recommendations we finally tried this plc and were not at all disappointed. The food is simply delicious. ....so very tasty.The lamb melts in your mouth but if you like it like that then specifically ask for 'tender lamb'or you might get tikka lamb which is tasty but more chewy.Their sauces are very strong in flavour and so tasty....no lacking here.They are based in Dumbarton and we live in Alexandria so deiveries take longer so do prepare for up to an hours wait if you live outside their area but its worth the wait...cant wait to eat here again

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Heather2112
“Brill..........and on my doorstep!”
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Moved to Dumbarton in January, just up the road from the Taj and it's a massive bonus to have on my doorstep. We moved from Cardross and always stopped here to pick up food to take home, great food and the only shame is they are not a restaurant only a take away. Hubby and I have tried curries, kebabs and pizzas and all are fab!