“Commonwealth Games”

The Milton Inn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Dumbarton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The hotel was booked for a weekend break to enjoy the Commonwealth Games. The welcome and service was excellent, nothing was too much trouble even providing breakfast at 6.30 a.m. to enable us to get to a venue for 8.30. a.m. They were able to adapt the evening menu to accommodate preferences not shown.The room was well appointed and comfortable. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. Although not near to the city centre access by bus or train was easy and quick.

Room Tip: The rooms in the annexe were quieter
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank staccphotographer

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

This is my local pub so its very handy for a quick bite esp when just off the bus, as its only a few seconds walk!.

I usually have the Chicken Liver Pate to start, which is really tasty. Then the Macaroni cheese and chips to follow which is also brill. The Sticky Toffee Pud with cream is excellent.

Service is always pleasant and efficient, the girls really cant do enough for you, even when the place is packed. They also have good venues at the weekends, like djs, tribute acts etc.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank cammy201
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel offered a large clean room(21). The rooms are sited in separate buildings to the main building. The main building is really a large pub, which on the evening serves hot food and in the morning serves breakfast. The staff are very friendly and efficient. As other readers have noted the Inn lies on a dual carriageway that requires you to drive further down the road to turn around to get access.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Donna547
Reviewed 29 June 2014

On our recent holiday to the Isle of Skye I booked this Hotel, as a break from our journey up from England. I'd read previous 'reports' so when I booked I asked if there was music, at night. As it was a Friday the answer was yes and without question we were offered a quiet room in an adjoining building to the Hotel.
We arrived about 6.30pm and were met by the lovely enthusiastic Staff. Our room was clean and comfortable and situated to the rear of the building so were not disturbed either from the music I the Hotel, or the traffic that was using the near-by main 'A' road.
We had a lovely evening meal in the dining area of the Hotel, and in the morning a freshly prepared substantial 'Scottish' breakfast. Different Staff in the morning, but just as lovely and friendly. A dog friendly establishment, and we would use it again if in that part of the Country.

Room Tip: Unless you like music, request a room in the building to the rear or even better to the side of the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bevandfras
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed for one night on way to Highlands last week.
Had room at back in annex, so was nice and quiet.
The staff were really friendly, room clean.
Travelled with my dog which wasn't a problem for them
Only downside was that I had to drive half a mile up the road, before I could turn around and come back on myself as it wasn't possible to turn right over dual carriageway.

Room Tip: On a main dual carriageway so best rooms are at the back
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I visited this hotel with a school group in May and the staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. We arrived here late after our booking at another hotel hadn't been processed properly and we had been left without anywhere to stay at 9.30pm at night. The staff organised our rooms here quickly and we organised breakfasts for the morning despite it being quite late. The hotel staff were very understanding of our situation and were great.

We stayed in the farmhouse building which was fantastic. Rooms were modern, immaculately clean and very comfortable and with nice furnishings.

Breakfast was plentiful and it was nice to sit and eat and have the news on the TV's while we ate.

I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area and needed accommodation. A great wee place and friendly staff makes the whole experience more enjoyable.

Room Tip: I would recommend the farmhouse building as rooms are very modern and were lovely. I had room 19 whi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Sportypants
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed in the Hotel annex for one night while family threw a surprise 85th Birthday party. We were there early and enjoyed a "light lunch" that was so enormous that we were still full when the surprise party arrived many hours later. Very impressed with all the meals there. Substantial breakfast. Cheery helpful staff at all times. The Inn is on the A 82 beside Dumbarton just minutes west of Clydebank and Glasgow and very handy for Glasgow airport via the Erskine Bridge. It is very handy as a launch pad to get up to Loch Lomond and all of North West Scotland. My mother and many relatives live nearby and speak highly of the restaurant. We can only agree. Our breakfast, lunch and evening meal were all excellent and good value. We would stay there again anytime. Very friendly wee hotel.

Room Tip: The Farmhouse Annex was excellent. Can't comment on the others.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Gus4040
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumbarton
The Abbotsford Hotel
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
The Dumbuck House Hotel
The Dumbuck House Hotel
#4 of 4 in Dumbarton

Been to The Milton Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!