“Great night sleep”

Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dumbarton
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My partner & I stayed didn't want to drive up to the highlands in the dark following our return from Tenerife. We therefore booked the Premier Inn at Dumbarton just because the price was right. To be honest I was just expecting a cheap and basic room, but we were pleasantly surprised by the quality and cleanliness of the room. They even provided a choice of pillows. This establishment is right on top of the Lomondgate roundabout but we just did not hear any trafic at all. On our arrival I was feeling quite ill and just wanted a bath and bed and to be honest neither of these two desires disappointed. It was cleaner and more comfortable than the Tenerife resort.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Zoe J, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Aileen D,

Thank you for taking the time to review us at Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I am thrilled that you had a great nights sleep and that we exceeded your expectations. The housekeeping team will be overjoyed that you found your room cleaner than in the resort you stayed in. I am also pleased that our fabulous location, next to a major road, did not disrupt your sleep.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Premier inn Dumbarton was welcoming, clean and warm. Beds and pillows were clean & comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful. Premier inn was near town centre and location was convenient for purpose of stay. Would def consider staying again. Price was excellent too.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Zoe J, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Catriona E,

Thank you for taking the time to review us at Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and had a wonderful nights sleep. The team will be over the moon that you found them friendly and helpful and that your room was clean and comfortable.

I hope you do stay again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

This is a very well located hotel in the area and is usually quite hard to book into because of that.

The staff were superb and really helpful and friendly which always makes the stay even better.

As with most of my stays at Premier Inns the rooms are well sized, quiet and comfortable.

A place we have been many a time and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Zoe J, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Matt D,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I am thrilled that you had a great nights sleep. At Premier Inn we aim to provide you with a ten out of ten service and I am delighted that on this occasion we were able to provide this for you.

The team will be overjoyed that you found them really helpful and friendly and able to make you feel welcome time and time again.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

My husband & I stayed here for 2 nights. It was an ideal location for us visiting relatives in Renton & Luss. I had requested a room at the rear as I knew the front was near the carriageway. The noise level was fine & didn't disturb us at all. The receptionists were lovely & so helpful. I asked for decaf coffee and it washout in our room. If I did need to find a negative it was that we were too warm at night & heating didn't seem to go below 17 degrees-maybe we should have mentioned it at the desk. Our first morning's breakfast was fab-made to order & the waitress was very attentive. Our second morning it was a buffet & was a shambles. There were about 5/6 staff but the hot buffet never had enough of anything-we were waiting for ages for eggs, then no bacon or sausages. Surely they knew many they had booked from the hotel. I did complain at the reception desk when checking out.
Overall a great stay & we will return.

Room Tip: Ask for a rear facing room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Zoe J, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Dear Catriona D,

Thank you for reviewing the Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I am delighted that you did not experience any noise from the main road throughout your stay and that our friendly reception team were able to assist with making this happen for you. The reception team will be over the moon that you found them friendly and helpful and able to provide you with decaffeinated coffee, it was no bother at all.

I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your dining experience 100%. We aim to provide you with a ten out of ten service and I am disheartened that the restaurant did not provide this for you. I will pass along your review to ensure this does not happen again, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Please accept my apologises that you found your room too warm. Our rooms have air conditioning therefore if you stay with us again please do not hesitate to contact reception throughout your stay and a member of the team will come to your room to ensure you have the most comfortable temperature to sleep in.

Thank you once again for taking the time to review our Premier Inn, we value all feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Very easy to find, good location with a costa coffee and Brewers Fayre next door. Staff were very friendly, helpful and efficient, room was great - very clean and nice. The staff at breakfast at the Brewers Fayre were also brilliant. Couldn't fault any of it!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Zoe J, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Sarah P,

I am delighted that you found the whole team at Dumbarton/Loch Lomond very friendly and helpful. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with a ten out of ten service and I am pleased that we were able to do this for you. Housekeeping will be thrilled that you found your room very clean and the breakfast team in the restaurant will be delighted you found them brilliant.

Thank you for taking the time to review us, I really appreciate it and I hope to welcome you back to our Premier Inn again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Friendly staff .As an non driver difficulty in getting to and from location still thats life Have booked a visit to Belfast premier inn early January fortunatly
access is in city centre which will make access easy.Thank you

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Zoe J, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Scott B,

Thank you for your review of Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay and found our team friendly. I apologise that you had difficulties finding your way about. Next time please do not hesitate to ask a reception team member as they will be more than happy to help you with any queries you have about the local area.

I hope you enjoy your stay with Belfast Premier Inn and I look forward to welcoming you back to Dumbarton/Loch Lomond in the near future.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I visited this Premier Inn at the end of November and enjoyed the visit.

The hotel in located just of the A82 with a Brewers Fayre and a Costa a Drive Thru both available on-site.

A large free car park is available at the front of the building which was clean, well maintained and looked cared for.

Inside a friendly welcome was immediately offered and I was checked in within a few minutes. Upstairs the room was very clean and comfortable with no visible housekeeping issues. The bed was comfortable whilst there was a large work desk available and the TV was in good working order.

I visited the Brewers Fayre in the evening and found the food and service to be very good. It was a quiet evening and the food I ordered was freshly prepared and tasted very nice whilst the new Brewers Fayre menu is a good improvement on the old one. Breakfast in the morning was also very nice and again was freshly cooked to order.

I had a good nights sleep and there were no disturbances. I was in a room at the front of the hotel and although there was traffic noise I am used to this living in a city and didn't find it an issue personally.

Overall the stay was enjoyable and I'd be happy to return again if in the area.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper or not used to traffic noise it may be beneficial to request a room to th...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Zoe J, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Chris M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. We really appreciate all our guests’ feedback.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and can’t wait to share your review with the whole team. I am pleased that the traffic noise did not disturb your stay and that you found everyone welcoming and friendly.

Our restaurant team will also be delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience with them and found your meals fresh and improved since the last time you have stayed.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Zoë Jamieson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumbarton
Travelodge Dumbarton
#2 of 4 in Dumbarton
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Knockderry House Hotel
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa

Been to Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel? Share your experiences!