“Family visit for a couple of nights”

Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dumbarton
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This looks to be a very new build (Dec 2013 visit)
Does what Premier Inn does at a good price. Easy to find with plenty of parking.
Front of hotel looks over the main road, the back faces local housing.
Can't fault the place at the price.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Kerri G, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear StephenBailey,

Thank you for your review of Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and found our location easy to find. I am also pleased that you found everything to be exactly what Premier Inn promises – a Great Nights Sleep in a clean, comfortable room.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

A warm welcome at reception and then through to a nicely decorated bedroom with one of the most comfortable beds I have ever experienced away from home. On top of that we had a choice of pillows, soft of firm. Ideal for us as one likes soft, the other likes firm, and so one of us is always dissatisfied. Smart bathroom, plenty of towels, great shower in the bath. All in all excellent value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear QuietSue,

Thank you for your review of Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I am extremely pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our housekeeping team will be thrilled to hear that you found your room very clean and that you managed to put our pillow range to good use. All of our team will also be delighted that you enjoyed your whole experience here. At Premier Inn we strive to train our team to a high standard and we are thrilled that you experienced this.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Just back from a 3 night stay with hubby and 2 kids ( 5, 21mnths) room was very clean and beds were really comfy even the extra fold away bed had a proper decent mattress on it, it would easily accommodate a teenager. We were a given a ground floor room which was perfect for us, it faced the main road, didn't really here any traffic noise. The power of the bath/shower was the best i have ever had in a hotel, the kids bath was full enough in 30 seconds and the shower was excellent. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The only very slight complaint I would have is that once boiled the handle of the kettle was quite hot. Only ate once next door, apart from the normal menu's they have all you can eat different specials on from Mon-Fri so we had the Thurs curry night which was very tasty, very friendly staff here also. So apart from the weather we had a great time. Will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Kerri G, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Bacardi75,

I am delight that you had a wonderful stay with us at Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn and that team members were of great assistance to you throughout your stay. I am looking forward to sharing your review with them, I am sure they will be over the moon. I am also glad that you found your room and amenities to a great standard as well.

The restaurant team will also be delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience. The different buffets that are offered are great value and I am glad you enjoyed them as well as the main menu.

I am thrilled that you will stay with Premier Inn again and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 days in Jan 2014 and our stay was very good. Nice clean hotel, nice friendly staff. The room was very clean and just what to expect from a premier Inn which is why we mostly choose to stay in these hotels. We had a couple of meals from the restaurant next door but didn't think the cooking was up to other standards of other brewers fayres that we have tried. It was ok but wouldn't choose to eat there again. Found the food mostly over cooked and just not very nice really. But will stay here again as the hotel was nice and is a good base for Glasgow and Loch lommond.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Sarah M,

Thank you for taking the time to review Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn, we value our guest’s feedback and really appreciate the time you have taken to review us.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Premier Inn. Our team will be thrilled that you found your room nice and clean and that the staff were welcoming, I look forward to sharing this with them.

In regards to your restaurant experience I will pass along your review to them and I do apologise that you found the meals slightly overcooked. They will be disappointed that they were unable to provide you with the high standard they normally strive to achieve.

I hope this experience with Premier Inn and Brewers Fayre has not put you off coming back and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future. Hopefully we will be able to provide you with the 10 out of 10 service we normally aspire to achieve.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Got the usual premier inn. Clean room good night's sleep. But why did all towels smell of smoke. I actually fought the smell was coming from extractor fan till I realised it was towels. Even the spare ones stunk. It wasn't cigarette smoke it was actual smokey smell. I was going to mention when I left in morning but there was no one on reception. Wasn't happy with the check in not the most sociable receptionist felt rushed through check in

• Stayed: February 2014
Kerri G, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Markg1304,

I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us at Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn.

Let me first apologise for your bad check-in experience. Our team members aim to provide you with a pleasant experience from the moment you arrive until the moment you leave, and will be disappointed to hear that they did not achieve it this time.

Also, I would like to apologise for your problems with the towels, not only on one occasion, but two. We always want to ensure you have a good stay and that every element of your stay is high in standards, so I am disappointed to hear that your towels did not achieve this. I will discuss your comments with Head Housekeeper to ensure that this problem never re-occurs.

At Premier Inn we strive to provide a ten out of ten service and I do apologise that on this occasion we were unable to provide this for you.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

If the hot food in the Brewer's Fayre was served on hot plates instead of cold ones, I wouldn't be able to find fault. Other than that, it was an excellent choice for a stopover on the way to the Highlands

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Kerri G, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Polsk1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I am extremely pleased to hear that the break from your journey was excellent, as all of our team members work hard to ensure you have a pleasant experience.

I am disappointed, however, that you did not enjoy your dining experience 100%. I will pass your comment over to the restaurant to ensure that this issue is confronted, and I thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Thank you once again for taking the time to review our Premier Inn. We value all feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Friends from Glasgow and London (with expensive tastes, mind) had recommended this hotel enthusiastically and I can see why. Everyone here that I interacted with was lovely - even the housekeeping staff were polite, cheerful and friendly. I attended a wedding during my stay here, and a friend and I were even discussing it at the reception: in our respective cities, we had never encountered such friendly service before at a hotel - any hotel, no matter how expensive! The previous poster was right - maybe other facilities should send their people here for training.

The room was immaculate, housekeeping was punctual, and when I needed safety pins because my dress had gone a bit wrong, the woman at reception didn't bat an eye - she just found them for me. Then she proceeded to find extra umbrellas to loan us for the journey without grumbling or moaning. Not big requests but the right attitude makes all the difference to customers! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear MaggieBadger,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I am extremely pleased to hear that you had a clean and comfortable stay. Our team work extremely hard to ensure this and I am glad we were able to deliver this for you.

I am also pleased that you found all of our team helpful and friendly and I am sure they will be thrilled to hear your comments. I look forward to sharing your review with the team and I hope to welcome you back to Dumbarton/Loch Lomond in the near future.

Kerri Glover

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumbarton
2 mi away
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel
Knockderry House Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel? Share your experiences!