“Convenient overnight stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dumbarton
Melbourne, Australia
“Convenient overnight stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

We had a little trouble finding the correct roundabout but were very pleased with the accomodation. Good sized bedroom with clean facilities. Very convenient location when travelling to Glasgow or onto Loch Lomond. Helpful staff told us where to eat next door which was good value

Room Tip: A busy road but still no noise... A good night's sleep...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Yvonne S, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear budgetnomad

Thank you for your response to Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I am delighted that you had such a fantastic stay with us and that you found us after, I hope, not too much difficulty. I will pass on your comments regarding the room to our housekeeping team who will be thrilled to know that it was to our usual high standard. Also, I am delighted that you found our location very convenient for exploring the surrounding area and I will also pass on your comments to our restaurant staff, who again, will be thrilled that you found them helpful and the food to be good value for money.

I hope that you will return to the area in the not to distant future and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Yvonne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Thornhill
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

The Premier Inn experience for me and my husband was more than I expected. Great service, clean rooms, great location, and most have restaurants/pubs right next door. We were so close to Loch Lomond and Helensburgh, the two locations we were visiting while on holiday in Scotland from Canada. The location is right off the highway and easy to find.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Yvonne S, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Maureen S

Thank you for your response to Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I am ecstatic that you had a fantastic stay with us and that you found the location perfect and easy to find whilst visiting the area, I will pass on your comments to our housekeeping team who will be thrilled that you found your room to be of our usual high standard and I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Cheshire,England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

A typical Premier Inn Whitbread effort, this time placed by a rough council housing estate and obviously an attraction for local drunks, we were scared when they started hammering on our window in the middle of the night. The receptionist was already phoning the police and was very pleasant and helpful , kind and thoughtful and stands out for special praise. Eatery the worst sort of Whitbread Fayre brands, guess going in late would be less awful, we consulted TA and went elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stay at the back of the hotel away from boozers and drunks perhaps, no road noise even at front.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DaveSpencer32
Dear DaveSpencer32

Thank your for your review on Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I was extremely sorry to hear about your experience when someone tried to enter your room. I am very happy to hear that our night receptionist Patrick responded quickly to the situation and called the police immediately and also that Chloe, the receptionist on duty the next morning moved you to another room to ensure that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. The hotel is situated on the main route to Loch Lomond and the Highlands and we have a high volume of tourists visiting the site. This is the first incident of this kind and therefore I hope that it will not deter you from staying at the Premier Inn Dumbarton and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lancaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Like the person below I also stayed when the fire alarm went off, the people who caused it were noisy all week I was there for three nights and every night I got woken up by them, not good as I was up there to work, on my last day I had to leave work early because I was too tired and have a dangerous job so didn't want to risk myself and the people I work with, I don't think the staff had enough help with these people, who if I was running the hotel would of been thrown out and as for you saying that the member of staff was a recent recruit I spoke to him the morning after and he said he's worked there for ten years. Don't get me wrong the room was spot on as usual, I've been staying at premier inns for the past five weeks and hadn't had a bad nights sleep till the week starting 14th April, just wanted to write this review to let you know that I think it should be easier for the members of staff to throw problem guests out, also the wifi connection was not great considering it costs £3 a night

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RossProcter1
Dear RossProcter 1

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Dumbarton/Loch Lomond premier Inn. I am very pleased that you found the room to your satisfaction however I would just to take this opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience caused to yourself by the fire alarm being activated by another guest who was smoking in the room and due to the fact that you did not get a good night’s sleep, the last thing we want is putting yourself and your co-workers at risk. The team member on duty that night is one of our newest team members at this particular Premier Inn and possibly that we have a slightly different fire alarm system to what he has had to deal with previously and this incident has highlighted that he requires further training, which I have now addressed. I would also like to apologise for the problems you experienced with the wi-fi and what we can do when made aware of any problems is contact our wi-fi providers.

At Premier Inn if a guest or guests are causing trouble and do not heed any warnings then we will ask them politely to leave, and again I will look in to the matter with the team member involved. If you would like to discuss any of this further then please do not hesitate to contact me on 01389 744350.

I look forward to hearing from you and I hope this incident will not deter you from staying with Premier Inn in the near future.

Ludwigsburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We were in a premier Inn for the first time and were astonished how much we got for the money we paid. It was very clean and offered everything a hotel room needs. The beds were very comfy and the bathroom very clean and modern. Great that the children were free - in the room and at breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gabriele S
Dear Gabriele S

Thank you for your review of Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I am extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and how much you found us value for money and that children got to stay and eat for free, which is always a plus when travelling as a family. Our housekeeping team will be thrilled to know that you found the room and bathroom to be very clean.

At Premier Inn we always strive to offer a fantastic service and we are thrilled that you experienced this and hope that you will travelling this way again in the near future as we look forward to welcoming you back.

Leicester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Very friendly staff, which I find throughout the chain wherever I stay. The beds are always good, the rooms are clean and comfy. No complaints, if anything it is a little far away from any restaurants other than The chain next to the hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Harry H
Yvonne S, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Harry H

Thank you for your review of Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I am extremely pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our housekeeping team will be thrilled to hear that you found your room very clean . At Premier Inn we strive to train our team to a high standard and we are thrilled that you experienced this.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

First of all no issues with the room. I know you have the good night guarantee, but when guests smoke in the room causing a hotel evacuation. I guess these would be the teenagers in the coach party. The poor member of staff is on his own and was having trouble with the fire alarm panel. My partner who deals in heath and safety kindly assisted. At the moment we are in the room knowing the fire alarm panel is currently on silent as it won't reset due to too much smoke in the room. Guests are at risk. Do Premier Inn fine guests for this? isn't it illegal to smoke in hotels? If so do you have a policy of reporting this to the police? I understand Premier Inn are not at fault for the smokers but not being able to operate the fire panel highlights inadequately in fire prevention. No sweep of the hotel was performed and there was no management of guests. Not all guests evacuated. Not happy only going to get 4.5 hours sleep now. :-(

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank bensaund
Yvonne S, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear bensaund

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Dumbarton/Loch Lomond premier Inn. I am very pleased that you found the room to your satisfaction however I would just to take this opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience caused by the fire alarm being activated by another guest who was smoking in the room. The team member on duty that night is one of our newest team members and this incident has highlighted that he requires further training, which I have now addressed. I would like to thank you and your partner for the assistance that you gave him on the evening of the incident. At Premier Inn we do have a policy where we will fine the guests for smoking in the rooms and this charge has been applied to the guest in question. I would like to take the opportunity to talk to you further regarding this matter and we would appreciate it if you could get in touch at your convenience on 01389 744350.

Yvonne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumbarton
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
The Dumbuck House Hotel
The Dumbuck House Hotel
#4 of 4 in Dumbarton
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel? Share your experiences!