“Dissapointing attitude.”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dumbarton
Hawick, United Kingdom
“Dissapointing attitude.”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We recently stayed here as a stop off on our way home from Islay. Both odf us stay at Premier Inns on a regular basis and like the standard set up comfortable rooms and generally the staff. We arrived early evening and discovered that their was a local party and many of the party goers were staying in the hotel. At around 2am, the party goers started to return and the noise levels went up and up. People running up and down corridors was by far the worst. No problem I hear you say they have a good night guarantee, and so you would think. It now appears that the guarantee can only be activated either if you call the customer care centre at the time or go down to reception to complain. I have slight issues here, firstly no phones in the rooms of premier inn make it difficult to call anybody, PI should not assume all people carry mobiles. This leaves you the option of "running the gauntlet" and going to reception to complain. In my opinion a completely unacceptable approach, I am thinking apart from having to get dressed to do this, what about nervous people or indeed lone females, they should not have to go to reception in the middle of the night. Eventually we gave up and checked out at 05.30, my wife mentioned the noise, the guy on reception said yes it was horrendous between 2 and 3am, strikes me he should have stopped it then. My wife asked for the good night guarantee to be activated and he was not happy about this at all, despite his previous statement. His attitude was frankly unacceptable and not very premier inn like. To be quite honest, don't stop staying with premier inn, just avoid this one.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Linda J, General Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Kevin A,

I apologise that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us at Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. At Premier Inn we strive to provide our customers with a high standard of service and I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. I appreciate that not everyone has a mobile phone and it would have been an inconvenience to approach the reception team at 2am. Please also accept my sincere apologies that our night receptionist did not refund your nights stay under our Good Night Guarantee at your wife’s request. I have retrained the team member on shift that evening to ensure that this does not happen again. The other guests who were creating the noise were asked to leave, as they were being disruptive. We do apologise about the noise level you experienced and we do try our very best to handle any noise complaints as quickly as possible especially at this time of night.

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we value all guests’ feedback and I regret that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. I do hope that this isolated incident will not put you off staying with us again and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Linda Jamieson
Premier Inn Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Be aware if you are given Leisure vouchers that not all Premier inns take them. We found out the hard way other than that Premier inns are the best place to stay would recommend them 100%. Staff are always friendly and helpful. Rooms are always of a high standard.

Dear Irene D,

Thank you for taking the time to review us at Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and disappointment caused to you when your Leisure Vouchers were refused for payment. This was due to a gap in the training of the reception team. On the evening you checked in this was the first occasion that the receptionist had encountered a guest wishing to use these as a method of payment, he did not realise that Leisure Vouchers were accepted as a form of payment.

I would like to apologise once again and thank you for your feedback as this has highlighted this issue. I have since conducted coaching with the reception team on Leisure Vouchers and the team are now aware that Leisure Vouchers are accepted as payment. Please be assured that this mistake will never happen again.

At Premier Inn, we always strive to provide our customers with a high standard of service and I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. I do hope to welcome you to Dumbarton/Loch Lomond again in the near future.

Linda Jamieson
Premier Inn Manager
Worcestershire
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed two nights in May. Had expected to use as centre to travel on railway to Mallaig from Dumbarton but weather against us. Room 204 faced rear of hotel & a rather noisy local road as we found late at night & early morning. We found bed a bit hard. Beefeater next door was fine for all meals with plenty of choice at both breakfast & in the evening. Cheerful & friendly staff in hotel. Thunderstorm on second night put out TV so no Chelsea flower show for my wife.

Room Tip: I think with roads at both front & rear of hotel if you like to sleep with a window open - as we...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Yvonne S, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear latetraveller100

Thank you for your review of Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I am thrilled that you found us to be cheerful and friendly and I will be passing your comments on to our team members but I was sorry to read about your experience regarding the noise from the road at the rear of the hotel. The beds we have here, as with all Premier Inns, are Hypnos beds and we understand it is a matter of preference regarding mattresses and I hope it hasn’t put you off from returning to stay with us in the near future.

Glenrothes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Lovely new hotel, very warm welcome at reception. Room bright, spacious and well equipped. Perfect for an overnight stay.

Only downside was breakfast, cooked breakfast items on buffet were cold. Neither myself or my husband enjoyed breakfast. I asked for two fried eggs as an alternative, they came undercooked with runny egg white. Reception staff however did deal with our complaint and offered a full refund for breakfast.

Dear Jennifer R

Thank you for your review of Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I am thrilled that you found your stay at the hotel to be to our usual very high standard but I was sorry to read that you didn’t have a good experience at breakfast and your comments have been passed to the Manager of the Malt & Myre Brewer’s Fayre who will take them on board. I hope that you will come back to stay with us in the near future and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Farnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at the Premier Inn, Dumbarton for three nights, whilst attending a mid-week wedding. The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. The breakfast was better than many dearer hotels.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear susancarewjones

Thank you for your review of Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I am thrilled that you had such an excellent stay with us whilst attending a wedding in the area and I will be passing on your comments to all of our team members, who will be ecstatic that they helped make your stay memorable. I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Swadlincote, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

What you would expect from a front runner in over night stays, Unfortunately the local council decided to close the road outside the hotel at night and send a road sweeper at 2:15 am to spend the next 2 hours sweeping the road sounding like someone hovering next door, something wrong with the thing as well as it sounded like it was pulling a load of tin cans behind it!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Andrew S
Yvonne S, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Andrew S

Thank your for your review of Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I was sorry to read about your experience with the local council and I hope apart from that your stay with us was to our usual high standard and hopefully we can welcome you back in the near future.

Grange-over-sands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

AND WE WOULD DEFINITELY STAY THERE AGAIN. GOOD VALUE.
Friendly and knowledgeable staff greet you at The Premier Inn, Dumbarton.
The room was clean and welcoming. The Brewers Fayre (Malt & Myre) next door provided lovely food and again excellent service. The location is first class and we would definiety stay there again. Good value all round.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Yvonne S, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear Wendy B

Thank you for your review of Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I was ecstatic to read that you had such a fantastic stay with us and I will very happily be passing on your comments to both our housekeeping and Restaurant team members who will be thrilled that they helped to make your stay brilliant in every way. I hope that you will come and stay with us again in the not too distant future and I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Yvonne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumbarton
The Abbotsford Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
#3 of 6 in Arrochar
Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel? Share your experiences!