Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Balloch Hotel(Balloch)
  • Pool
All reviewsnext doorloch lomondbrewers fayrecosta coffeestayed heremalt myreair conthe pubadjoining restaurantgood nights sleepthree nightstown centreclean roomswould stay againattending a weddingcameron housecar park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed here because my daughter was going out on a Hen do with some family from Dumbarton as we wouldn't usually stay this far from Glasgow. It was further out from Glasgow than I thought but it didn't take us long to get back into the centre of town as we fancied a curry in Glasgow. Rooms where of a very high standard as you would expect and we had a great nights sleep. There was a Brewers fayre just beside for breakfast but the kids preferred the drive through costa coffee place just across from the Hotel which was a bit of a novelty (the drive through bit). We where heading to Cairnryan so the location was pretty handy as once we crossed the Erskine bridge we where on our way. No complaints at all.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Terrycharleton
Yvonne S, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Terrycharleton

Thank you for your lovely review of Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I am thrilled that you found us to be to our usual very high standard and a great location, not too far from Glasgow as you discovered (I hope your daughter had fun at the Hen do) and handy for the Erskine Bridge.

I will be happily passing on your comments to the rest of the team who will be thrilled that they made your stay so fantastic and I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Very nice and clean hotel, excellent staff and a Brewers Fair and Costa right next door.
The rooms are very clean comfortable and all local attractions are only a few minutes away by car.
The lady on reception was very friendly and very helpful.

Room Tip: The all seem to have the same layout. one side overlooks the car park which is slightly better than the ones that overlook the old housing estate
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Thaiknee

Thank you for taking the time to review Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I am delighted that you had such a fantastic stay with us recently and I will happily pass on your comments to all of our team members who will be ecstatic that they helped make your stay memorable and I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed here for 1 night in early August. As with all Premier Inns you no what your getting, it was clean, quite and we had a decent breakfast the next morning, but I do think the breakfast are over priced. Ok place to stay over night, but not for longer stays.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Yvonne S, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear tech201154

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. Your feedback is very important to us and I am pleased that overall your stay met with your expectations of us. I will happily pass on your comments to the rest of the team and hope that you will return to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife and 3 kids visiting friends. The location isn't pretty but there's fabulous scenery very close-by. We were in interconnecting rooms which were spotlessly cleaned and well maintained. We were guaranteed a good night's sleep and we had exactly that in very comfortable beds and no disturbance. There's a good breakfast next door which was very reasonably priced. I liked the food at dinner, it's good value too but the service was very slow. Not good when you have 3 little ones! If you're on a budget though this hotel is really good value.

Stayed: August 2014
Kerri G, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Dochogan,

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us at Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. Your feedback is very important to us and we are pleased that overall your stay met your expectations and you were comfortable. Thanks for your comments regarding the service you received during dinner. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the restaurant and I do apologise for the slow service you experienced. We are committed to providing our guests with a high level of service and I am sure that the team will be ecstatic to hear your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kerri

Reviewed 9 August 2014

A warm welcome from great staff. Rooms are clean and have the tea coffee facility. Great location in the beautiful Loch Lomond. Ignore the brewers nest door, as they will ignore you. Go to Helensburgh and visit the wetherspoons.

Room Tip: The Hotel has great rooms. Just ignore the Brewers Fayre next door as they ignored me when waiting at the bar to be served.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Crazykeith2,

Thanks for your review regarding Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our hotel, great location and our great team here met your expectations. At Premier Inn we continuously strive to deliver a high level of service and it's great you feel this was achieved. However, I do apologise for your bad experience in the restaurant and I will make sure your comments are passed on to ensure that situations like this do not re-occur. Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kerri