“Great value for money short stay hotel.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Abbotsford Hotel

The Abbotsford Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dumbarton
“Great value for money short stay hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff, good service, decent menu and comfortable rooms. What more can you ask of a small family run hotel?
Right price and value for money.
I will come back again and again having already had several short stay business visits.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

I was very pleasently surprised when I arrived at this hotel, the pictures do no do it justice.
I cannot fault my stay here, All the staff were helpful and friendly, my room was of a good size and quite. The food in the resturant was very nice and the beer kept well.

Had I not been visiting, one night for a funeral, I am sure I would have enjoyed staying here longer. The funeral tea was also here and the hotel certainly did that justice.

Room Tip: No need, none of the other people I met staying here said anything negative about their rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Dumbarton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

I recently booked a table for 15 to celebrate a big occasion. The restaurant was busy when we arrived, but this made no difference to the service we received. James and his staff looked after us so well from beginning to end, ensuring everyone had drinks. The choice on the menu is first class and the food lived up to expectations. The portions are excellent and the food was piping hot. The presentation was faultless. After the meal, we sat on for quite a while chatting and at no time did we feel under any pressure to leave. In fact, the waitress made a point of telling us to sit as long as we wanted. Thank you to James and the staff for making a special occasion one to be enjoyed.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Greenbee3
Clydebank, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

I recently booked tables within the Abbotsford restaurant for a special family occasion. The food and service was fantastic. The staff made a real fuss of my daughter as it was her special day, and couldn't have been any more attentive to the rest of the guests.
The food was excellent, the staff were friendly and we had the most amazing day.
We eat at the Abbotsford regularly and they never let us down.
So thank you to all the staff at the Abbotsford for a wonderful day! We will be back again!!

Room Tip: Excellent food and a great friendly service.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

As I live local, the Abbotsford Hotel is a favorite Destination for something to Eat, the menu has a good selection and the prices are spot on, the staff are always fantastic and always look after us.
I would highly recommend this place for something to eat.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Oldham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

I was booked into this hotel by someone else and when I turned up I have to say that, from the outside, it didn't look much. The corridor down to my room was dated, but the room was as good as any Holiday Inn. The pub and staff, food and drink however, were brilliant and made my stay very good indeed. They couldn't have been more attentive, the service was as fast as anywhere and the quality was very good indeed - portion sizes were like everywhere in Scotland, generous!

If I was in the area again, I'd certainly come back.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Greenland, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

I recently stayed at the Abbotsford Hotel for five days with a group of sixteen people and was very impressed with the staff and facilities.

The staff, particularly James and Karen, was always very accommodating and willing to help. James was very knowledgeable and had answers for all of our questions whether it was about local attractions or how to get somewhere. He even had the staff come in early one day so we could get a hot breakfast an hour earlier than they normally start serving. Karen and James were quick with a smile and Karen even let us check on our flights on her computer prior to our departure.

The facilities were immaculate and comfortable and they had everything I needed for a pleasant stay. The restaurant had delicious food, in fact, we ate breakfast and dinner there (and lunch when we weren’t out visiting other cities) every day of our stay…it was so good (favorites include the peppered salmon, chicken carbonara and the toffee crunch pie). The pub was roomy and was a comfortable place to stay and have a drink and a conversation or watch football on one of several large flat screen televisions.

Again, I was impressed during our stay but if there was one thing that made it, it would be the staff. Thank you so much (especially James and Karen).

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumbarton
Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel
The Dumbuck House Hotel
The Dumbuck House Hotel
#4 of 4 in Dumbarton
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Best Western Buchanan Arms Hotel & Leisure Club
Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel
Lodge on Loch Lomond

Been to The Abbotsford Hotel? Share your experiences!