“Nothing was too much trouble”

The Abbotsford Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dumbarton
Aylesford, United Kingdom
“Nothing was too much trouble”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I have just returned from a stay at the Abbotsford Hotel. I stayed alone and needed to locate some shops for some essentials. The owner very kindly took me to the stores, after having given me a mini tour of Dumbarton and informing me of some of the local history. Karen on reception was very pleasant and had done me a local map and train timetable to help me out during my stay. Breakfast both days was lovely and all the staff I encountered throughout my stay, were very pleasant and happy to assist. i liked the fact that all the rooms are on the same floor. My room was light and airy and to be honest, I couldn`t fault my stay here - definitely recommended and made a lone traveller feel very welcome.

Room Tip: Rm 18 was light and airy with a nice bath - twin room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Glasgow
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I might as well start with the main attraction of this hotel - the price. I paid £67 for my girlfriend and me to stay in a double room with breakfast on a Saturday night. The room was pretty small, the bedding was cheap, the shower was pretty rubbish but then it was only £57 for the room!

On the plus side, the location was very handy for my family party, breakfast was nice and the staff were very friendly. There was also no noise from the main road as my room faced the rear of the hotel. That and nice, thick curtains meant that I had a pretty good night's sleep, and I'm not a good sleeper!

It's not fancy, it's not flash, but it does the job for a decent price.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the road will be quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David S
dumbarton
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Friendly staff at reception and in the restaurant, rooms are very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was superb good choice of cold buffet items with cooked breakfast of a great standard.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good hotel at a reasonable price in the Dumbarton area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rangers1952
dumbarton
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed over after a party night ( which was great thanks to the DJ). Rooms spacious and comfortable. On the whole clean although some attention needed to light switches and some of the grout in the bathroom. Great shower. Good hot and cold selection for breakfast which was served pretty quickly and was delicious.
overall a great stay!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2013

stayed here a few times now when i work in the area, my company has had me in a few other places aswell but none comparing to the abbotsford. the manager james and all the staff go out their way to make sure you have the best stay possible, especially leslie who goes out of her way to always look after us contractors in a morning at breakfast. the food is fantastic also! i did not have one bad meal the whole 3 weeks i stayed this time, always looked forward to the food of a night after work! would recommend to anyone to stop here !

jon barrow in furness

• Stayed November 2013
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We needed a nice place to stay while visiting family. The Abbotsford turned out to be that place. We enjoyed our visit with family, and also our cozy room to return to each evening. We enjoyed having the restaurant available and also enjoyed snacks from the bar late one evening when we were having a "snack attack."

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Edinburgh
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed here, as I was put here by my work. And im loving the great service and great food.
The rooms are clean and adequate with a bath. The rooms to the back of the hotel are nice and quiet, although I haven't experienced the front ones towards the road. The staff are ALL lovely. Very attentive friendly, accommodating and helpful without exception. The food is fantastic and reasonably priced. It's so nice to be welcomed and treated like family. Or even better than you treat your family!
Look out for the lovely written premise in the welcome pack in your Room. Hey, Abbotsford - don't be shy about leaving that lovely premise on the pillow. Some folks will miss it and it would bring a tear to a glass eye. Keep up the good work. Places like this are gold.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumbarton
Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel
Arrochar Hotel
Arrochar Hotel
#4 of 6 in Arrochar
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,115 reviews

Been to The Abbotsford Hotel? Share your experiences!