Lowest prices for your stay
£85
Fully refundable before Thu, 2 May
£194
Fully refundable before Sun, 28 Apr
Get rewarded with One Key
Vio.com
£68
All reviews stayed here bar restaurant booked a table very pleasant stay family room twin room overnight stop great value for money james meal receptionist portions highlands
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 November 2023

Don't let the location (next to main road and Van Centre) put you off, nor the look of the building. Inside are friendly staff, nice rooms with very comfortable beds and a good restaurant (from our 1 dining experience).

Date of stay: November 2023
1  Thank greavsey1
Reviewed 2 November 2023

You may think you've fallen into a time warp arriving at the Abbotsford hotel, the outside looks like a 50s motel, and the room decor is very dated and rough around the edges with scratches, bumps and marks on walls and furniture.

The tea and coffee facilities were good, and the Tunnocks tea cake and caramel bars a nice touch. As a family of 5 it's rare to find a hotel that accommodates us well, and we were able to have an interconnecting room with bunk beds, plus a single in with a double in the main room. The doors open by a key from the outside, but didn't have a locking mechanism from the inside, which made me a little uneasy for my younger children, so I blocked their door with a suitcase to prevent them being able to leave the room.

The room was a decent size, had good facilities, and I wouldn't have any issue staying a few days given the size of the room.

The breakfast really was the highlight of the stay. We booked directly though the hotels own website and booked a room with breakfast included.

The cereal selection was relatively limited, but the hot breakfast selection was excellent. My children all had pancakes, which were delicious and fluffy. They could choose a selection of toppings and were very happy. My husband paid the £3 supplement to upgrade to the large breakfast and all the components were tasty. I had the savoury French toast with bacon, and although they didn't have any maple syrup the waitress did bring me some golden syrup for with them.

So although the hotel was a little rough around the edges, we enjoyed our stay and it was perfectly located to visit Hill House.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Bethan L
Reviewed 22 October 2023

This is not a modern hotel, but it feels cosy and comfortable with very friendly staff and delicious cooked breakfast. Our family room is spacious and surprises us with 2 showers and toilets. Great value place to stay and a great base for us to visit Stirling, Loch Lomond and Glasgow.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2023

Having driven past for many years and never had the occasion to stop we were happy to discover this great hotel.

Room decor slightly dated but it has everything you need for a good night sleep. It was nice to be able to open a window in the room, especially having previously stayed in air-less chain hotel rooms.

Nice modern bathroom and very clean.

We had a lovely, very tasty dinner with a great selection of wines and very attentive staff.

The Bar has a welcoming atmosphere and it was great for a pint before dinner.

Large car park and Hotel location is very handy if you need to nip to the shops for anything.

Would definitely recommend and we hope stay again.

Reviewed 10 September 2023

Went today at 9.15. They have seating outside that you can have a bear and bar snacks. I went inside and asked if I could have two coffees and a round of toast. I wanted to be outside as I have ridden there on my bike with my wife. The older waitress Pearl said no we don’t allow that outside. Why??? No explanation just a flat no. Not allowed. It wasn’t that busy to turn down business

Room tip: If you just want a coffee outside forget it
Date of stay: September 2023