The Dumbuck House Hotel
  • Pool
Balloch Hotel(Balloch)
West Park Hotel(Clydebank)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgrand hallmy partnerdance floorwedding receptionreception areafrom start to finishthe general managerfunction roomwedding venuefull scottish breakfastfriday eveningloch lomondbirthday partykeep up the good worktea coffeean overnight staya lovely stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Stayed for two nights on a Groupon deal. Clean accommodation in a large, very pleasant room,one of the nicest we've stayed in. Breakfast was OK; didn't eat in the restaurant. We were interested in the" 2-for £9.99" offer but with no info about this in rooms or on the menu itself we decided to eat at the Crown Carvery a few hundred yards down the road (always excellent value and with decent beer).Unfortunately didn't sleep well because of voices well into the early hours from Reception area below our room, followed by music playing from 6.30 am non-stop throughout the day.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Can only review accomodation as we didnt use the restaurant. The hotel is in need of a major refurb as it looked tired, dark and grubby, it also had a smell of damp. Apart from the bathroom bin which hadnt been emptied after the previous occupants and had a nappy in it, the room was clean and once the radiator warmed up we were as warm as toast. The staff were friendly and helpful. Wouldnt stay again, but only paid £35 for a double room so cant expect too much.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We stayed for two nights and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. Our room was a junior suite on the first floor with a large, comfy bed, nice linen, super bathroom and plenty of space. Lovely thick curtains to block out the light, very recently decorated, clean and fresh, large TV and two easy chairs - ideal for a relaxing break. Okay, as someone else commented, the new carpet could do with being stretched but that is really nitt-picking.

Dinner was very good. The homemade chicken liver parfait was among the best I've tasted. Like another reviewer I ordered prawn fajitas. Large prawns, lots of onion and peppers, served on a sizzler but not at all greasy. I also hate salsa but told the waitress so it wasn't an issue. When we want a gourmet meal, we choose an appropriate establishment. This hotel offers well prepared, tasty food at very reasonable prices.

Breakfast was excellent, try the Eggs Benedict.

The staff were unfailingly cheerful and helpful, we could not find fault. I watched one staff member dealing with a very delicate situation with great skill and tact.

The building is obviously in the middle of a refurbishment programme but if this is continued to the current standard then they will end up with an excellent establishment.

We will certainly visit again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2012

If you are thinking about a base from which to explore the area around Loch Lomond, which is what we did, please avoid this hotel. I booked it having read some decent reviews online and thought it would be a decent base. It was also my wife's birthday.

We were hugely disappointed. The hotel looks very tired and in need of investment. Outside paintwork and the windows especially require renovation and painting. Inside was average but the flowers at reception were wilting and the bin overflowed with rubbish. The reception itself was unstaffed and I had to go looking for someone's. A young woman came along and said someone would be with us shortly. She disappeared and came back a minute or so later to see to us.

We got the key to our room - Mansion House One on the first floor. Quite a big room, and that's where the positives end. The carpet was in need of re-stretching and refitting and the walls needed a repaint. The second floor was closed for 'refurbishment' but there was little sign of activity.

We did not stay. We never even unpacked. We moved on and checked into the beautiful Duck Bay Hotel and Marina. Check out my review.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We went for a family meal on my youngest sisters birthday expecting a nice meal in our local area. This was very disappointing.

The food all round was very bland. I ordered "stuffed mushrooms in breadcrumbs" for my starter and i'm convinced they where bought from Iceland they where so watery and had that frozen meal taste.

I then had prawn fajitas which I got 7 (very over cooked) small prawns swimming in grease and peppers, not pleased! My salsa, sour cream and cheese where all in one bowl which made me want to vomit as I HATE salsa, and anytime I order this anywhere else it comes separate. The cheese was also really warm and starting to melt.

None of my family enjoyed their meals at all, I will not be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family