“Great staff”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Dumbarton
Wigton, United Kingdom
“Great staff”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

If you like a hotel that has black carpets black wallpaper and black curtains you will love this hotel although it does need a little TLC things are looking tired the atmosphere in the bar was great our breakfast was fantastic and the staff were all really nice many thanks for our stay

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Lovely meal for 35 in a private dining room. Very good value for money. I had to select 2 courses from a wide selection. I personally had the mussels (huge and very tasty) followed by Morrocan chicken with couscous! I didn't have a sweet as we had a gorgeous birthday cake with coffee. Staff were very helpful and understanding despite the fact that the hosts including birthday boy were an hour late after being held up in traffic down south. Venue allowed me to bring in a face painter for the kids plus bouncy castle. Very reasonably priced and attentive staff but not overly so. I have been in a few times for lunch and haven't been disappointed yet. It's not far from my house so I'd definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Beautiful hotel, very nice inside! I went here for a family party and a 2 course meal. My starter was a very large bowl of mussels which were very nice! My main was salmon which was a little over cooked served in noodles and soya and ginger sauce which tasted nice. The staff were friendly but could of came over more often to offer drinks and ask if everything was ok. My fiancé did not like the lager said it was flat and opted to drink bottles of beers instead.overall we had a lovely evening and I would use this place for a function again as it is a lovely venue.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Stayed at the Dumbuck Hotel for 1 night ,and must say i really enjoyed my stay.
I paid £40 for the night which was exellent value,the staff were freindly and very helpful,when i needed advice on bus,train times,directions etc.
The room was clean with a very comfy bed , and the hotel was very quiet and peacfull the night i stayed. the big plus for this hotel is definately the friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank HS_STW
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Read the reviews - over 50% of them are saying that this place is average, poor or terrible - hardly a ringing endorsement from the first hand experiences of your fellow travellers/users.

These are the words of other reviewers - "no manners", "poor quality", "terrible", "go elsewhere", "very disappointed", "noisy", "function going on for some time".

Trip advisor is here to provide a guide - and I recommend that there are plenty other choices in Dumbarton - go for the Premier Inn, where their managers know how to treat customers.

I had a good reason for disputing the service in this place, and at the time, was not told there would be any problem with a refund. When following up this issue, the manageress u-turned and in my opinion has acted completely unprofessionally and displayed the most disingenuous behaviour I have ever experienced from a person with her position of responsibility.

If I were the owner of this hotel, I would be concerned that my customers rank me 3rd out of 4 choices - as clearly somethings not right with my investment.

Room Tip: Don't choose any rooms - the hotel has presented itself to me in the poorest light.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank JonEdsThreads

Travellers are raving about these Dumbarton hotels

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We had no idea what to expect as we had booked it blind driving up from southern England.

The greeting was good and the rooms were comfortable. A lovely location, quiet and an excellant restaurant. they really try hard and have a great selection of food for all tastes and a good wine selection.

Wood definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Explain carefully the accommodation that you recquire e.g. single/double bed etc.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank fdwD
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Stayed here for a few days . Paid for a luxury room although I wouldn't have said it was a luxury room like shown in the pictures . The bed was comfortable and the bathroom modern.
There was a large plasma tv but the signal was so poor we were only able to get a couple of channels.
The location of the room was right next to a door in the corridor so every time someone walked through it it made our door rattle and this became annoying when it happened throughout the night !
On one of the nights there was a function an this seemed to go on for quite some time . I don't object to anyone having a good time but again the noise is annoying when woken up in the early hours by music and people chatting !
Despite a few issues I wouldn't object to staying here again!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Swinnj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumbarton
The Abbotsford Hotel
Arrochar Hotel
Arrochar Hotel
#4 of 6 in Arrochar
Lodge on Loch Lomond

Been to The Dumbuck House Hotel? Share your experiences!