“5 Star Service and Good Value for Money”

The Dumbuck House Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Dumbarton
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My partner and I started here for a party which was held in the function room. Staff were very accommodating and helpful. Rooms were good value for money with tea,coffee etc supplied. Service in the function room was great and the cafe for breakfast was good with good prices. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Dumbuck House Hotel

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Stayed in this hotel for a wedding. Reception staff were exeptionaly helpfull except for the wedding coordinator who was very snippy and unfriendly. Bedrooms very comfortable and clean however the hotel upstairs very much neds to be redecorated. The wedding reception was well organised but let down by two important components
1 The hotel neds to find a chef who knows the difference between a rack of beef (which was on the menu) and poor quality beef which you would need a saw to cut and a set0 of fangs to be able to chew
2 the rip off with the drinks at the tables which had cost £900 for five drinks per guest and at the table they pulled the old con trick of serving thenwine very quickly so that guests did not have the time to finish one drink before their glass was topped up. Wine should have ben put on then table and the guests allowed to fill their own glasses that way what was paid would have been served instead of being kept by the hotel.
On the excellent side is the new Coolit dinning area which served high quality breakfasts and meals at exceptionally reasonable prices and thenstaff were so friendly. It is worth going for a meal there and thenhotel could well take wome tips from the chef there for their wedding reception meals.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Calum R
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My husband and i had our wedding reception at the Dumbuck Hotel on the 2nd August 2013 and I cannot praise the staff enough. We chose this venue as out previous one went into administration and we had lost money so it was very important that it was value for money.
We arried at the venue later than anticipated but laura put us at ease assuring us it was fine. On entering we had been given the lovely restaurant as a reception area for the guests which was spacious and relaxed and allowed them to have a drink whilst waiting for the meal to be served.
The food was amazing for the price we had paid we ordered the beef which the guests had commented as being very succulent.
The main jewel in the dumbucks crown is their wonderful staff and service. Almost all geusts commented on how attentive they were and that nothing was a problem for them. I was particularly impressed with how they catered for my coeliac guest. They even wen't to the bother of preparing her own personal evening buffet which i though was a really nice touch.
The function room is a really good size and allowed for a band and a really busy dancefloor.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone planning they're wedding the value for money is tremendous, the bridal suite absolutley beautiful. And the service was some of the best i've experienced.
A number of my guests have commented that it was the best wedding they'd been to due to the relaxed and fun atmosphere and its certainly a day i'll treasure forever. Thank you Laura and all your staff we'll be back very soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We booked our wedding at the hotel for 29th June, 13. We had our marriage ceremony in the hotel followed by our evening reception. From our initial enquiry, we felt comfortable and at ease with the staff and service we received. Previous reviews about the hotel's decorations are true with regard to the black theme - however my motto is if you don't like it, don't book it. We had the largest room in the hotel for our wedding which was lovely - massive chandeliers and large enough to comfortably accommodate our approx. 130 guests. We had ordered a buffet - although I can't personally comment on the food since I was too busy to eat anything!!, I only had positive reviews from guests. A huge bonus for my husband and I was that the honeymoon suite plus a full Scottish breakfast was included in our package. A number of our guests stayed in the hotel and were happy with their accommodation. A big plus for our was Lorna, our wedding planner. She was always pleasant, efficient and made us feel very much at ease. She was marvellous during the wedding itself - you just knew your were in capable hands.
I honestly have nothing negative to say and want to sincerely thanks Lorna and the rest of the staff who were there for our important event.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2013

If you like a hotel that has black carpets black wallpaper and black curtains you will love this hotel although it does need a little TLC things are looking tired the atmosphere in the bar was great our breakfast was fantastic and the staff were all really nice many thanks for our stay

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Lovely meal for 35 in a private dining room. Very good value for money. I had to select 2 courses from a wide selection. I personally had the mussels (huge and very tasty) followed by Morrocan chicken with couscous! I didn't have a sweet as we had a gorgeous birthday cake with coffee. Staff were very helpful and understanding despite the fact that the hosts including birthday boy were an hour late after being held up in traffic down south. Venue allowed me to bring in a face painter for the kids plus bouncy castle. Very reasonably priced and attentive staff but not overly so. I have been in a few times for lunch and haven't been disappointed yet. It's not far from my house so I'd definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Beautiful hotel, very nice inside! I went here for a family party and a 2 course meal. My starter was a very large bowl of mussels which were very nice! My main was salmon which was a little over cooked served in noodles and soya and ginger sauce which tasted nice. The staff were friendly but could of came over more often to offer drinks and ask if everything was ok. My fiancé did not like the lager said it was flat and opted to drink bottles of beers instead.overall we had a lovely evening and I would use this place for a function again as it is a lovely venue.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumbarton
The Abbotsford Hotel
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Kilcreggan Hotel
Kilcreggan Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kilcreggan

Been to The Dumbuck House Hotel? Share your experiences!